• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier |OT| NiGHTS & Punishment~The last good Wii game is in captivity

Hi guys, I'm interested in this game especially the Wii version since I heard that's the version to play but I just wanted to know how easy it is to still get. Didn't have time to get it at launch so couldn't grab it at launch and only the first print copies have it. So my question is the first print games still available and does the box mentioned including a Wii version? All the online places I looked at like Amazon and Best Buy definitely have it but I'm not sure if it does include the Wii game. Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this question.

Check your local Best Buy. I saw four copies of the game (with the bonus Wii game sticker) sitting on the shelf.

Demand for this game seems very low.

EDIT: It's actually $40 right now on Amazon, and it probably comes with the bonus disc.

Hinchy

Bumping because I think there'll probably be a few people that could get some use out of this.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks that the non-Wii version is crap, but the one thing I do love about it is the absolutely fucking gorgeous box art. So I whipped this up!

Click for full resolution download. I used The Cover Project's scan of the art as a source and combined it with hi-res Wii U box art and a bit of doctoring with other art sources to cover up the bit of Wii U case border at the top.

AniHawk

Bumping because I think there'll probably be a few people that could get some use out of this.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks that the non-Wii version is crap, but the one thing I do love about it is the absolutely fucking gorgeous box art. So I whipped this up!

Click for full resolution download. I used The Cover Project's scan of the art as a source and combined it with hi-res Wii U box art and a bit of doctoring with other art sources to cover up the bit of Wii U case border at the top.

looks good! i'm sure the designer would say you did a nice job too.

RiZ III

Saw this thread pop up again and finally decided to read it. I had no idea that the Wii and WiiU versions were so different or that the Wii version is hard to come by. Being a Sega kid, I'm obviously a huge fan of Naka so I had always meant to get this once I had a WiiU (which I recently bought).

The amazon reviews from this month seem to indicate that the WiiU version still comes with the Wii disc so I went ahead and ordered. If it doesn't come with it, I'll just return it I guess.

maxcriden

I got my copy from GameFly (thanks G0523!) but need to remember to trade in the Wii U version sometime soon before the value drops....

ETA: crap, already down to $13.20 w/ powerup rewards at GS. I better get on that. :/

(Well, WM is $24 but requires the case....)

I got my copy from GameFly (thanks G0523!) but need to remember to trade in the Wii U version sometime soon before the value drops....

ETA: crap, already down to $13.20 w/ powerup rewards at GS. I better get on that. :/

(Well, WM is $24 but requires the case....)

Wait...They have a difference if it does not have the case?!?! Since when?

EDIT. Nevermind, just saw the WM.

drspeedy

The amazon reviews from this month seem to indicate that the WiiU version still comes with the Wii disc so I went ahead and ordered. If it doesn't come with it, I'll just return it I guess.

Ordered one from Amazon on 1/20, I can confirm the Wii disc IS included. Not sure how long that's going to last, but it's still there

Shows $39.99 new for me, in store as well.

Select WalMart stores have it on clearance for $29.99, but no WM near me had a copy. There's a Slickdeals thread about it with an inventory checker by zip code.

DeVeAn

Wow, Wii version I can see real potential. Too bad it got held back for so long. Wii U version is trash. I mean Neptunia level bleh.

If you don't get the bonus Wii version do not play this. It a real shame.

The original is a neat arcade style score/time attack a la Nights.

-shadow-

I recently finished chapter 15 with the
Giant Bird
. Man this felt almost straight out of Colossus. It was really great!

This. No reason to think they would have even needed to print a second run.

Exactly this is a case where "X bonus item included with every first print copy" = "every copy of the game ever released for sale in the United States will include the bonus item".

I'm sorry for the massive bump, but I wanted to ask this and I didn't want to make a separate thread.

I just started playing this game now (The Wii version; I have no intention of playing my Wii U copy). I love the Wii remote and am saddened so few games ever used it well, and I was thus excited to see how this game controlled.

I've just beaten the first level (after the tutorial) and am REALLY not feeling it. The controls are super awkward... I can never quite select a target fast enough. It has occasional moments where it feels great, but nothing more.

Honestly, in most cases I would abandon the game at this point--moving just feels too strange--but I do want to see what this game has to offer. How long should I give it? When did the controls click for other people, if ever?

Nuu

Banned
The controls should click after a little bit. Give it another mission or so.

Keep the following in mind:
  • The direction you flick your wrist is the arc Rodea will follow
  • Always have a power up to be able to press "A" and dash
  • Take your time to aim where you want to go, Rodea falls slow when he isn't moving for a reason

It clicked with me after the first level. It might have helped that I played the Wii U one first and thus got vastly more invested in the wiimote scheme, which got me through the initial learning curve.

The controls should click after a little bit. Give it another mission or so.

Keep the following in mind:
  • The direction you flick your wrist is the arc Rodea will follow
  • Always have a power up to be able to press "A" and dash
  • Take your time to aim where you want to go, Rodea falls slow when he isn't moving for a reason

You also don't necessarily have to flick your wrist to arc Rodea's flight if you don't want to. It starts to become important in later levels, but if all you want to do is point and shoot for now, a quick tap of the B trigger is all it really takes.

Nuu

Banned
You also don't necessarily have to flick your wrist to arc Rodea's flight if you don't want to. It starts to become important in later levels, but if all you want to do is point and shoot for now, a quick tap of the B trigger is all it really takes.

True, but making him go in an arc will help him get more air and as well as dodge objects.

MrBadger

I'm sorry for the massive bump, but I wanted to ask this and I didn't want to make a separate thread.

I just started playing this game now (The Wii version; I have no intention of playing my Wii U copy). I love the Wii remote and am saddened so few games ever used it well, and I was thus excited to see how this game controlled.

I've just beaten the first level (after the tutorial) and am REALLY not feeling it. The controls are super awkward... I can never quite select a target fast enough. It has occasional moments where it feels great, but nothing more.

Honestly, in most cases I would abandon the game at this point--moving just feels too strange--but I do want to see what this game has to offer. How long should I give it? When did the controls click for other people, if ever?

I'm convinced that most people felt this way when first playing it. You will get used to it if you keep playing. It took a while for me to get used to it.

Mega

Banned
I just learned about this game and picked up a copy for $25. Looking forward to playing it after I finish a couple of games!

Top Bottom