• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round-up of All Black Friday Sales.

chadboban

Don't know if it has anything to do with Black Friday but if you're someone trying to catch up on the Metal Gear franchise like I am (I only played MGS1), the MGS legacy collection is $24 on Amazon.

Kicko

Don't know if it has anything to do with Black Friday but if you're someone trying to catch up on the Metal Gear franchise like I am (I only played MGS1), the MGS legacy collection is $24 on Amazon.

That's a solid deal (no pun intended). I'm contemplating buying Metal Gear Solid V off of Amazon for $35. As far as I know, it's being sold for the same price at other retailers, but I wonder if it will pop up for less elsewhere? I'm withholding my purchase for now until I can find out otherwise.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Will Gamestop price match its online site? I kind of want my Blue Vita right now. It's the one thing I want to come away with today instead of going to pick-up at BB tomorrow.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Had a pretty good haul and I was surprised that most of the stores weren't bad at all today.

Picked up
-Far Cry 4 $15
-Dishonored Definitive Ed. $15
-Transformers Devastation $25
-Sleeping Dogs Definitive Ed. $15
-Dying Light $15
-Wolfenstein The Old Blood $9.99

I'll be set for a while now.

Syrus

Banned
Had a pretty good haul and I was surprised that most of the stores weren't bad at all today.

Picked up
-Far Cry 4 $15
-Dishonored Definitive Ed. $15
-Transformers Devastation $25
-Sleeping Dogs Definitive Ed. $15
-Dying Light $15
-Wolfenstein The Old Blood $9.99

I'll be set for a while now.

Where old blood for 10?

I got Amazon to price match dying light but the guy did 27$ refund,making it 13$

If I want to pick one loot game to replace Destiny(for now) should I go with Diablo III or Borderlands The Handsome Collection? I loved BL 1 and 2, but I have never played the Pre-Sequel. I have never played any Diablo game...

Kicko

If I want to pick one loot game to replace Destiny(for now) should I go with Diablo III or Borderlands The Handsome Collection? I loved BL 1 and 2, but I have never played the Pre-Sequel. I have never played any Diablo game...

I found Diablo III to be quite repetitive, but I have friends who love it. For me, Borderlands is more enjoyable, and if you were fond of Borderlands 1 and 2, you can't go wrong with the Handsome Collection. However, I'd suggest talking to other Gaffers and getting their impressions on Diablo III just to be certain.

dralla

The loot in Diablo is so much better than Destiny it is quite shocking. The sheer amount of loot and the extent to which you can customize your character is incredible. All of the end game content is really well done as well, Adventure mode, bounties, rifts, etc. They play very different though so it's hard to recommend one over the other.

Borderlands is similar to Destiny but the gunplay is not as good, but the loot is much better. So if you played Destiny for the shooting, you might not like BL, but if you played it for the loot, I think you'd like it.

ps. Why is Helldivers not on sale digitally? It's $15 on Amazon for the disc but that's a game I want on my HD :(

I found Diablo III to be quite repetitive, but I have friends who love it. For me, Borderlands is more enjoyable, and if you were fond of Borderlands 1 and 2, you can't go wrong with the Handsome Collection. However, I'd suggest talking to other Gaffers and getting their impressions on Diablo III just to be certain.

The loot in Diablo is so much better than Destiny it is quite shocking. The sheer amount of loot and the extent to which you can customize your character is incredible. All of the end game content is really well done as well, Adventure mode, bounties, rifts, etc. They play very different though so it's hard to recommend one over the other.

Borderlands is similar to Destiny but the gunplay is not as good, but the loot is much better. So if you played Destiny for the shooting, you might not like BL, but if you played it for the loot, I think you'd like it.

Thanks to both of you for repsonding.

How much content is there in Diablo III? Does using different classes provide a much different experience?

The gunplay in Borderlands isn't good as Destiny, but skill trees and synergies between them are MUCH better.

How much content is there in Diablo III? Does using different classes provide a much different experience?
A lot, 6 pretty different classes, a 5 act campaign, 70 levels to attain, a replayable "adventure mode" and various tiers of difficulty to attack after you hit 70. Plus there's Paragon Points once a character hits 70 which is basically a level up system across all characters. The combat is absolutely fantastic and if you have any interest in it I'd go for it. Loot system is pretty good as well, only problem was there was a way to cheese a merchant for high end gear using a force close application on Ps4 but they may have fixed that. It puts other loot games to shame.

Taker666

Amazon UK

Premium Wii U with Windwaker HD is coming up again on the Lightning deals.
Starts at 7.00pm UK time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EZMPY0A/

It was £179.99 in the last lightning deal..so I'd expect this to be the same.
-----
Edit..nope..they bumped the price up to 239.99. So buy on Black Friday... and pay £60 more. :-\

speedomodel

Macy's apparently tried to call me to confirm my order (no idea why) and because I didn't answer (phone in other room charging) they canceled my order.

Pretty pissed. Had two Polo shirts, two ties and knife set for $140. Now all out of stock in my size...sigh

maxcriden

FYI, if anyone is looking for a good price on Yoshi's Woolly World, Amazon will have a flash deal today at 3:55 PM EST. (credit to Crimsonclaw111!)

Tater

Is this worth getting if I am in need of good Headphones for gaming and in general?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0126HISOO/

Holy crap, yes. I've been using the 558 for about two years, and it is my favorite pair of headphones. I debated jumping to the 598, but didn't think it would be enough of an upgrade to spend $100.

Up until I got the 558s, I had only been using crappy $20 headphones. Going to these things was like night and day. Just keep in mind that these are open air headphones. They don't completely trap the sound, so other people may be able to hear what you're listening to. I prefer open air headphones, but some people have other preferences.

We noticed you're shopping from United States. This item is currently unavailable for customers shopping from United States. We don't know when or if this item will be available again. Not Shopping from United States? Change your country setting

wat

Top Bottom