• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

Symphonia

Banned
All that kerfuffle just to announce that Prince Philip, who does nothing, will now officially continue to do nothing? Yawn.

Chumley

Banned
Was hoping for a death.

qX1JmBu.gif

Protome

To be fair, all the hype was self generated, even they said it was nothing to worry about.

I don't think anyone in this thread actually thought anything of interest would come from this, except maybe a death.

It's the royal family, there's literally nothing of national interest they could have done other than died.

Trunx28

I layed awake at night.
The bladder was full with might.

I stood up to pee, siltently,
for not to wake her majesty.

That's when the clarity hit me
I wanted finally to be free.

So I gathered everyone
and told them what to come.

If Theresa fucks up the government
I can go into retirement.

Yeah, for some of us it means new coins and all sorts. They'd have to change all the boat names to His Majesty's New Zealand Ship.

Exactly - and that's kind of exciting. As is a big national event like a dead royal and a state funeral.
Everyone revels in that type of thing just a little bit, just being honest.

Although maybe mis-read the crowd slightly !

kmag

Yeah, for some of us it means new coins and all sorts. They'd have to change all the boat names to His Majesty's New Zealand Ship.

I wonder what the cost is for changing over to Charlie, who might only get a decade at this rate. The male Windsors tend not to last much past 70.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wonder what the cost is for changing over to Charlie, who might only get a decade at this rate. The male Windsors tend not to last much past 70.

Isnt the word on the street that he would most likely pass? I have a friend to is very much into britain and flies to London once a month and she says that he would most likely pass to one of his kids.

spiritfox

Exactly - and that's kind of exciting. As is a big national event like a dead royal and a state funeral.

I think you forget they they're people too, not just tourist attractions.

kmag

Isnt the word on the street that he would most likely pass? I have a friend to is very much into britain and flies to London once a month and she says that he would most likely pass to one of his kids.

Nah, he wants it. He's supposedly got his name picked out.

PJV3

Don't worry about it, it's not like your sat there actively trying to cause one to snuff it.

Why do people think any consequential news about the Royal Family will break this way? Anything important will be very well stage managed.

I think you forget they they're people too, not just tourist attractions.

People who live a life scrounging off my taxes aren't people - or so I'm told.

But seriously - I don't want them to die in pain or anything. But if a 90 odd year old dies peacefully in his or her sleep after living a life of pure luxury... and I admit that it would be a little bit exciting to see the spectacle and see the change and stuff... Is that so bad?

OK, it was crass - but I can't be the only one here who thinks that?

...I'll get me coat...

Top Bottom