• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for emergency meeting

Peter Hunt‏Verified account @BBCPeterHunt 33s34 seconds ago
More
There'll be a staff meeting at Buckingham Palace this morning. It's not to do with the health of either the Queen or Prince Philip.

Thorgal

Somebody tried to offer the Queen coffee for breakfast instead of James Earl Grey tea and now she is going to publicly flog the guy :p

I figured it'd be nothing but then why would several media outlets be setting up outside Buckingham Palace? Unless they got caught up in the rumours or something.

Chumley

Banned
So if everyone was summoned at 3am for something not related to the health of the Queen or Philip, and none of them are saying what it was, doesn't that mean it was pretty serious if it's being kept secret?

Orbis

I imagine it's nothing of interest, there are local elections today and Parliament was closed until the General Election yesterday, so they probably won't announce something like the Queen abdicating or other such dramatic news.

The only thing you would be forced to announce is a death, but we'd definitely know if one of the more prominent royals had died by now.

I haven't seen anything to suggest there will even be an announcement. It's weird to call the meeting during the night but it doesn't necessarily affect something we care about.

LQX

If no one is dead why are they causing a commotion so early in the morning? This happened like 4AM London time right? Queen or not, there better be damn invasion happening if you are waking me up that early.

Haribokart

Banned
If no one is dead why are they causing a commotion so early in the morning? This happened like 4AM London time right? Queen or not, there better be damn invasion happening if you are waking me up that early.
Did they wake you up that early though?

So if everyone was summoned at 3am for something not related to the health of the Queen or Philip, and none of them are saying what it was, doesn't that mean it was pretty serious if it's being kept secret?

Hmm. Yeah I'm thinking some serious shit went down but they might just be remaining tight-lipped about it. Wouldn't be surprised to see a megaton announcement drop tomorrow or something.

Is it confirmed the press gathered outside? Is that verified?

akira28

no one dies until the 13th guest arrives.

Media

Hmm. Yeah I'm thinking some serious shit went down but they might just be remaining tight-lipped about it. Wouldn't be surprised to see a megaton announcement drop tomorrow or something.

Saw four press vans with satellites on top when that guy was periscoping outside the palace.

Jezbollah

I'm only just spitballing here. You can't deny there is something highly unusual about how this has gone so far.

There is literally nothing on the news with regards to this. Almost all the news organisations here have a dedicated Royal correspondent and any news at all would be clearly prominent vs it's current leading headlines, which at the moment is focused on the French election debates (I am unaware if political reporting today has been restricted due to today's local elections - it seems to be at the moment).

If there was any rumours, we would hear about it.

Protome

What would the royals have to announce that would be "megaton" worthy?
"We've decided to take part in running the country again"?

Glorified tourist traps don't drop megatons.

They just said on ITV there'll be an announcement at 10am. No one dead, but may have constitutional implications - but not massive massive.

Of course they were guessing.

BBC Breakfast still talking about men with eating disorders, no mention of it.

No mention on Sky News either.

Protome

maybe she just wants to celebrate Star Wars day with her staff.. May the 4th be with you.
She was having a Star wars marathon starting from midnight, got about half way through Episode 2 at 3AM and called an emergency meeting to declare war on Lucas.

Top Bottom