• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game

I'm trying to find a Blu-ray drive for this now. Last game I used on my PS3 was Yakuza 5, 720p was bit hard on the eyes on the big screen, so looking forward to 4K and more!

jmga

Atlus claimed rights over all Persona 5 related material/info from RPCS3 website and forums, they even had to remove it from compatibility list.

An official statement is coming.

Just going to say one thing already: There will never ever be a PC port of this game. This is known for certain. So drop that thought for now.

As for the rest of the story, stand by for an official announcement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/...ce_of_mediainfo_related_to_persona_5/dnhktug/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/72an9x/every_piece_of_mediainfo_related_to_persona_5/

jmga

It's hilarious that they aren't just not willing to bring their games to PC, they are now actively trying to prevent people from playing them.

Fuck Atlus.

dsk1210

I don't understand why Sega who owns them now does not tell them their GAMES will be coming to PC as well.

Sega know the PC market is strong now and I believe Persona 5 would be a big seller (if done properly)

I have persona 5 for my consoles but I am waiting on the resolution options in RPCS3 so I can actually play the game at a nice resolution.

It's a disgrace how poor the ps4 pro version of the game is, the textures are all the same as the ps3 and they are ridiculously low, the resolution is 1080p when it could easily render at a native 4k and the gamma is all fucked as well.

BeforeJam

Neo Member
Just going to say one thing already: There will never ever be a PC port of this game. This is known for certain. So drop that thought for now.

As for the rest of the story, stand by for an official announcement.

PC Gamers: "So you're saying there's still a chance?"

Akronis

pa22word

I mean there's nothing they can really do about it considering the emulator is plugin based and open source right? Even if they remove shit from the forums people are still going to be working on it no matter how many c+d's they send.

Banzai

Well goddamn, I hadn't heard about this. I would love to be able to play Catherine without setting up my ps3 again!

FingerBang

Why does ATLUS seemingly hate the PC platform compared to other Sega subs?

I don't think they hate PC but they probably don't think their games would sell there. Not Persona at least. Also, the Persona team is too small to work directly on the PC version and they're busy with what you all know what.

I wonder if Catherine 2 will be on PC though.

petran79

Banned
Even images?!
This is an obsession on Atlus' part. At least Cave asked MAME developers to remove their driver for a while. But Cave put their titles on Steam.

Xyber

I don't think they hate PC but they probably don't think their games would sell there. Not Persona at least. Also, the Persona team is too small to work directly on the PC version and they're busy with what you all know what.

I wonder if Catherine 2 will be on PC though.

Which is extremely silly. Pretty much any high-profile JRPG is worth porting over to PC (mainly Steam) because they all usually make a profit right away even if it might not sell any huge amounts.

Make the port, hire Durante to look over things, get more money. It's as easy as that! :D

Unreal

1080p upscaled vs 1080p native

DeSOld.png

DeSNew.png

Well. Atlus can't do much

And whatever people may wish, there’s no way to stop any playable game from being executed on the emulator. Blacklisting the game? RPCS3 is open-source, any attempt would easily be reversed. Attempting to take down the project? At the time of this post, this and many other games were already playable to their full extent, and again, RPCS3 is and will always be an open-source project.

pa22word

So how do game patches work in this thing? Always been curious as to how emulation in the age of the patched game would end up functioning.

Nvzman

Is there any update as to if MGS4 is bootable on this emulator? I've seen great things on it, but it seems so far that game is having extreme difficulty booting up.

Sentenza

Honestly it's almost comical how that Altus statement, while attempting to make questionable legal claims, literally makes this sound like they are more annoyed at PC gamers being somewhat able to play the game than they are at potential piracy.

It comes off as if some platform warrior was in charge of the company.

Banzai

Is there any update as to if MGS4 is bootable on this emulator? I've seen great things on it, but it seems so far that game is having extreme difficulty booting up.

Still listed as merely "Loadable" in the compatibility list last time I checked, so still a long way off from being fully playable.

I've been tinkering with settings and stuff and got Catherine to run at pretty stable 30FPS on my PC, but from time to time it gets stuck at a black screen between scenes or gameplay segments. It's still amazing that it's working as well as it is, though.
I'm absolutely loving the native DS4 support, too.

Top Bottom