• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anyone have some good settings for NA NieR? Was testing out my dump and I can't even get it to get anything but a black screen most of the time atm.

EDIT: Thinking my dump is bad since the log is saying it's not finding some files so going to redump and try again.

Jackpot

Banned
Anyone have some good settings for NA NieR? Was testing out my dump and I can't even get it to get anything but a black screen most of the time atm.

EDIT: Thinking my dump is bad since the log is saying it's not finding some files so going to redump and try again.

If it says it can't find a SELF/ELF file it's because it's encrypted. You need to decrypt the SELF file to produce an ELF file.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If it says it can't find a SELF/ELF file it's because it's encrypted. You need to decrypt the SELF file to produce an ELF file.

Turned out to be something like this so thanks for the heads up. \o Game runs now to a point and crashes which is about what I wanted to see. lol

That demon's souls video is beautiful. I can't wait until high resolution support comes to RPCS3. I'll run Demon's at 5fps if I could finally get some 8K screenshots of that world.

I'd imagine the assets are comparable to Dark Souls. Change the rendering resolution and it's probably another DSFix waiting to happen.

dsfix_comparison_by_aloo81-d7cbkf0.gif

Gojeran

Holy shit that new DeS video is amazing!! Can't wait to replay this game on emulator. DeS and Dragons Crown are the only two games I still have for my PS3. Could never get rid of them.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'd imagine the assets are comparable to Dark Souls. Change the rendering resolution and it's probably another DSFix waiting to happen.

dsfix_comparison_by_aloo81-d7cbkf0.gif

Ayyye, thats funny. I made that GIF, thats my Dark Souls character lol. I'll be glad to make another one like that with DeS once RPCS3 has the support.

dsk1210

I wonder how long it will take to be able to force a resolution override? that's what I am holding out for.

Great progress on all the emulators recently.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I wonder how long it will take to be able to force a resolution override? that's what I am holding out for.

When they reached 2000 they added this update

[...]

The time is now right for adding a new $3000 goal. If this level is reached graphics developer kd-11 will be able to work full time on RPCS3, which will significantly speed up progress and allow him to focus on certain time consuming tasks. Support for high resolution rendering, that is running any game at any resolution like 1080p, or 4k, is one such task. Moreover other graphics enhancements like using better anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is another such task. Another thing of note is that some games like Persona 5 run at a near constant 30 fps with the null renderer, that is no graphics rendering, but even Vulkan can slow the game down to 10 fps. This performance penalty can be seen in many games already. There are many major performance improvements to be made around the area of graphics emulation, but this is also very time consuming and hard work that.

[...]

Jacir

How is Warhawk on this emulator? I don't understand why Sony/Incognito dont have a ps4 version of some kind.

Fukuzatsu

As someone who recently went back to games like Infamous and MGS4 on a PS3 in the past year, this is also my main wish after general playability.

It got to a point, especially on the first Infamous where between the low resolution (kinda nuts to think of 720p as 'low resolution' nowadays but there you are), the extreme aliasing, and the framerate inconsistency, I was not enjoying it as much as I could have.

Still great games, but could've been more pleasant.

theultimo

could somebody pls help me? I'm able to start DeS, create a character and start a new game without problems, but than this happens.
you need write colour buffers checked in gpu options.

latest build currently runs p5 perfectly of you have a mighty Skylake or kaby lake.

been testing and they merged all fixes for blinking textures.

When I get a 4k hdr laptop in a few years the first thing ima try to do is run demons souls 4k

Then killzone 2 and mgs4 naturally

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
God I'm so excited for the day I can play MGS4 in 60fps constant without having to be in god damned night vision mode the whole game.

Jinroh

Does Demon's Souls run well for you guys? I have a i7 4790k @ 4.4 ghz with a 1080GTX and as soon as I enter world 1-1 the framerate dips something fierce.

It shows 30 fps but it must run at something sub 20 and the stuttering is extreme. The game is much smoother in all the videos I've seen. Tried Vulkan and OpenGL, it didn't change much.

edit: I tried Soulcalibur V, it's a slideshow.

Can anyone offer advice as to the best practices for dumping your own games? I have a compatible Asus BD-ROM, but using IMGBURN I get different checksums than what other people with the same disc have been receiving.

Do I have to invest in something like Alchohol 120% to get 1:1 rips? I'd really rather use the Asus drive than to put that much wear and tear on my CFW 60GB unit...

Kazuhira

So,what are your settings for Demon's? performance tanked after reaching Boletaria.
The tutorial area and the Nexus ran at a stable 30fps with a I5 4690k and GTX970.

zeox

Does Demon's Souls run well for you guys? I have a i7 4790k @ 4.4 ghz with a 1080GTX and as soon as I enter world 1-1 the framerate dips something fierce.

It shows 30 fps but it must run at something sub 20 and the stuttering is extreme. The game is much smoother in all the videos I've seen. Tried Vulkan and OpenGL, it didn't change much.

edit: I tried Soulcalibur V, it's a slideshow.

I have the same cpu and gpu as you and I'm seeing the same thing. it only seems to happen in that one area though, as progressing further eliminated any dips.

SnowDrops

I can't believe RDR actually runs on my PC now... like seriously, it boots, main menu works, it goes ingame, and it doesn't just crash. I am totally astonished over how these people actually got this to work. Geniuses and a ton of hard work. I salute you RPCS3 Guys, I salute you.

Top Bottom