• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game

BigEmil

They have more access to tech documentation and could spit out an emulator better than any community effort.

also that wouldnt happen, they're trying to sell you on their ps3 streaming service.
Not quite so when Sony is also putting PS4 games aswell, it's completely seperate that streaming service and I'm sure in PS5 they will implement emulator on it better, of course PS4 would struggle with PS3 emulator even though Sony got more knowledge etc on this so can make it more optimised and better etc but wouldn't be good enough

fvng

Not quite so when Sony is also putting PS4 games aswell, it's completely seperate that streaming service and I'm sure in PS5 they will implement emulator on it better, of course PS4 would struggle with PS3 emulator even though Sony got more knowledge etc on this so can make it more optimised and better etc but wouldn't be good enough

man can you please restructure your paragraph to make sense, seriously, put an extra minute of effort into it. You've written an incomprehensible post.

Blam

I mean look at 360 emulation. Microsoft clearly can put something out that runs wonders. Why can't Sony?

fvng

I mean look at 360 emulation. Microsoft clearly can put something out that runs wonders. Why can't Sony?

recurring revenue streams like subscription services (PS Now) are more lucrative than one off purchases on the store, or actual backward compatibility with discs

Blam

recurring revenue streams like subscription services (PS Now) are more lucrative than one off purchases on the store, or actual backward compatibility with discs

Which really sucks because we all know that at one point in time we are going to lose PS Now

SURGEdude

You mean PS3 emulation on an upcoming PS5? Or on the current PS4/Pro? PS5 seems doable, but the CPU load alone makes emulation of the vast majority of PS3 titles from what I can see impossible on PS4. Just the way the cell is structured is a nightmare even with the kind of documentation that Sony has.

BigEmil

man can you please restructure your paragraph to make sense, seriously, put an extra minute of effort into it. You've written an incomprehensible post
Nah because i know you can read it and what i meant but you refuse to respond to it, yes my English isn't the best but it's readable
360 is much more simple to emulate than the much more complex PS3 architecture, also 360 hardware is more basic while PS3 is more different

NeoBob688

is persona 5 fully playable without glitches at 30fps minimum?

"Persona 5 is literally 10 times faster in all scenarios now, going from about 1 to about 10 FPS in the opening scene for example. In battles and dungeons Persona 5 can peak at 30 FPS already."

fvng

Nah because i know you can read it and what i meant but you refuse to respond to it, yes my English isn't the best but it's readable

I am willing to respond to it, but you need to write it coherently my dude. If I didnt want to respond to you I wouldn't ask you to rewrite it in english.

"Major performance improvements with Vulkan"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjvkV1vlp4A

DX12 and OpenGL vs Vulkan

• Catherine
  • Demon's Souls
  • Atelier Ayesha
  • Ice Age: Dawn of The Dinosaurs
  • Digimon: All-Star Rumble
  • Tekken Tag Tournament HD

maxresdefault.jpg

daitoqu

News from Discord channel
Hello @everyone!

In the past few weeks we have been working on a lot of things, namely the hugely requested libfiber support for LLVM by Nekotekina - which found himself rewritting various parts of the LLVM recompiler as a step needed for his fixes. These changes are currently undergoing testing and tweaking, as they're not optimal yet.
In the meantime, kd-11 has also been preparing several surprises under the hood which will impact hundreds of games positively.

You'll now see a teaser of some of Demon's Souls running with some of kd-11's fixes.

Expect several videos being published in the coming days as well as updates to RPCS3 to introduce all the mentioned changes as soon as they're ready to roll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLU_rmEsqY

This is the first video out of several showcasing improvements in graphics and performance in various games. Here with Demon's Souls we see how broken shadows and depth of field are fixed. The fixes seen here are not quite ready yet, but a build should be out sooner rather than later.
Recorded on an i7-6700k @ stock.

yansolo

damn, that's some huge progress ! I'd love to be able to play my ps3 games on pc finally. I don't know how you would go about ripping the games off the disc though, aren't they huge in size?. Unless you can run the disc directly.

I believe you can just rip them with a Blu-ray drive, yes. The only thing that you need to get is the latest PS3 firmware, which you can download directly from Sony's own website and put directly on the emulator, no need to touch a PS3.

wait, wait, wait, hold the fuck up.

are you telling me I can just straight-up rip Catherine right now?

holy shit

damn, that's some huge progress ! I'd love to be able to play my ps3 games on pc finally. I don't know how you would go about ripping the games off the disc though, aren't they huge in size?. Unless you can run the disc directly.

It's apparently doable, albeit a bit complicated.

You burn the .iso, then you patch it with an .ird file (if available) with a particular program, which lets you decrypt it with yet another program, which gives you an .iso file you then extract.

Extracted the .iso myself just now, but I cannot for the life of me get Catherine to run. ._.

Durante

I think it's getting close to the point where working out a CEMU-like "graphics pack" interface would be worthwhile.

Jayveer

Yet another video from RPCS3's channel showing the God of War Collection running with perfect graphics at 60fps. Worth noting however there is no sound whatsoever and it was just added to the video for a better viewing experience and it's also mentioned that there are random crashes sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9gV07UMN8

Angry Fork

I've always wished for a PS3 emulator for Yakuza games since I had to sell my PS3 a long time ago and miss them (and doubt if the publisher will put out PC versions). Not sure if this will ever get to the point where those are playable like PS2 emulator but I'm glad someone is trying to do PS3.

jediyoshi

Yet another video from RPCS3's channel showing the God of War Collection running with perfect graphics at 60fps. Worth noting however there is no sound whatsoever and it was just added to the video for a better viewing experience and it's also mentioned that there are random crashes sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9gV07UMN8

Wow that almost came out of nowhere. I don't recall it running whatsoever any time relatively recently.

c0de

Do we know if they already emulate the spus or are all games that currently are able to be emulated not using them at all?

New video: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Playable (Recompiler & Vulkan, i7-4790K)

Here we see improvements both from graphics fixes by kd-11 and from the improved LLVM recompiler by Nekotekina. The missing and broken shadows are fixed while frame rate and loading times are also improved. The difference in frame rate isn't so noticeable here as the 4,9 ghz i7-4790k managed to run pretty well with the interpreter too, but on for example an i5 the improved performance should be much more noticeable. The game is completely playable, except for the sometimes corrupted sky box it runs fast and fluently with no stability problems, and with good audio.

Join the hype train in our Discord server and keep up with future updates: https://discord.me/RPCS3

Support Nekotekina & kd-11 on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Nekotekina/

Read the quick start guide on how to get started: https://rpcs3.net/quickstart

Footage provided by:
Yahfz, recorded on an i7-4790k @ 4,9 ghz. More than likely a slower CPU should also be able to perform pretty well.

Soulcalibur 4 working on recompiler after recent update, it's getting there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-8KW9eZdH4

Awesome!

Top Bottom