• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game

Tareskog

This is amazing, and yet some people over at Reddit call this "announcement" a disappointment.

I hope this will give them a boost in patrons.

Durante

It's almost unbelievable that it would run that (relatively) fast with "just" an interpreter. Are those videos sped up?

Anyway, looks like it's getting closer to a point where you'd start wanting something like CEMU's graphics pack (buffer replacement) feature ;)

Chances of multiplayer have to be pretty slim though, right?

Yeah, not getting my hopes up right now. I consider Demon's Souls a game I have missed out on, as there is no online community left and if someone did invade me it would probably be a cheater. Single player Souls is boring.

PGamer

fucking juniors
RPCS3 0.0.2 Alpha is now out.

Latest builds available here.

PPU/SPU
– PPU LLVM AOT recompiler reimplemented
– PPU LLVM caching implemented
– PPU thread scheduler implemented
– PPU breakpoints reimplemented
– PPU analyzer improved
– Various LV2 system improvements
– IdManager improvements
– Debugger fixed and enhanced
– PPU/SPU accuracy improvements

Memory
– Memory system cleanup
– sys_memory_get_page_attribute improvements
– sys_mmapper improvements

Graphics
– A LOT of bugfixes and accuracy improvements for all Graphic backends. (There were really a lot of improvements here and we can't list them all!)
– Shader decompiler improvements
– Several RSX bugfixes and accuracy improvements

HLE
– Major sys_net improvements
– cellOsk implemented
– cellVDec fixes and improvements
– Several other small improvements

Input
– MMJoystick implemented

Linux
– Several Linux specific bugfixes were made. Some are still being worked on as there are still a few Linux specific bugs.

Vita
– Initial package unpacking implemented
– Small Interpreter improvements

Logging
– Logging system cleanup
– TLS bugfixes and improvements

Misc
– Automatic LLE loading
– MSELF, SDAT, EDAT, SPRX: Decryption on the fly!
– Firmware update file (PS3UPDAT.PUP) installer
– XAudio fixes

Many other unlisted bugfixes and improvements

Downloads

Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

More game updates:

- Asura's Wrath
- Mini Ninjas
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
- X-Blades

Patrick S.

Banned
Oh god, I need to keep an eye on this:

sjQSKoZ.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
If the Patreon gets to 1000$ and the dev can finally work on it full time, I think it would be a smart move to try to make Persona 5 as close to playable as possible on western release. It could have a CEMU-type increase in Patreons if they did.

With the momentum building up behind this and Cemu, I really think there's a market for a Patreon funded PS4 emulator (assuming it's possible).

Venom.

I wonder if the PS4 Pro is powerful enough to run something like this?

There was an unofficial program that allowed PS4 streaming to PCs, then soon after Sony revealed an official program.

I wonder if the PS4 Pro is powerful enough to run something like this?

There was an unofficial program that allowed PS4 streaming to PCs, then soon after Sony revealed an official program.

The CPU is probably too slow to emulate PS3 games at full-speed. Some lighter games might be able to run okay though.

Inno

The patreon is just $20 away from the $1000 goal now! Will it reach the goal today?

I just pledged to this and Cemu.
Feels good to be able to support the hard work that goes in to these emulators.

squall211

God bless these people who put in the time and effort to do things like this. I have my entire ps1 and ps2 library playable on my PC as a result of folks like them.

Mergesort

If the Patreon gets to 1000$ and the dev can finally work on it full time, I think it would be a smart move to try to make Persona 5 as close to playable as possible on western release. It could have a CEMU-type increase in Patreons if they did.

I subbed a few hours ago and it went from 904 to 909$. He is at $979 right now! We have to push this past 1k! I subbed to Cemu too lol

Strike

It's coming along nicely. Given the nature of the Cell architecture, I thought they be having a much harder time with this.

Gren

Good lord, thank you for the heads up! I couldn't get the previous build to run HD Remix, but got this one to work. HD Remix being one day made BC was like 80% of the reason I was interested in an Xbox One. Now it'll be available to me for the foreseeable future no matter what.

Would still triple-dip if it ever got a Steam port.

Why it hasn't been put on Steam is beyond me. I will laugh my ass off of Ultra SFII gets ported instead. XD

Gren

Shot in the dark but I'm getting this weird bug in HD Remix where the whole game screen will randomly "blink" (i.e. screen will get notably darker for a split second, then return to the normal level of brightness) on and off.

It's not something I see in YT vids of the same game, & I'm certain it's not a hardware issue because if setting the emu to a window, *only* the game will exhibit this behavior, & not my TV screen as a whole (could be Nvidia driver issues I suppose).

jediyoshi

Is there something wrong with their appveyor? Looks like it's been stuck on a build from 5 days ago for a while now.

Mergesort

I updated LLVM version used in RPCS3 and it must recognize newest AMD Ryzen and Intel Skylake processors correctly now. Support for old processors is improved too. More improvements are waiting in the future. I'm happy to see how more and more patrons arrive, thank you.

Patreon at $1,113

Top Bottom