• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game

PGamer

fucking juniors
RPCS3 0.0.0.9 has been released.

Latest builds available here.

General changelog:
  • PPU/SPU
    • PPU LLVM recompiler removed (not final)
    • Old PPU interpreter removed completely
  • RSX
    • Added Vulkan renderer
    • Common utilities for all backends
    • Big accuracy improvements and bugfixes
  • HLE
    • Various HLE modules rewritten/removed temporarily
    • More HLE functions implemented
    • Accuracy improvements
  • Vita
    • ARMv7 core improvements
  • Loader
    • ELF loaders rewrittten and unified (PS3 and PSV)
    • PRX loader improved
  • Misc
    • Big cleanups and rewrites
    • Logging system rewritten
    • Configuration system rewritten
    • Various submodules updated

NOTE: libresc.sprx and librtc.sprx will need to be LLE'd until they're properly re-implemented

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
The Abominable Snowman said:
This spreadsheet gives a pretty good indicator of what is needed
Not really. I've used a Bloomfield I7 until a month or so ago and it wasn't enough to run games like SMG at full speed (still got lots of audio and framerate stutter - and I'm not talking about the Graphic API caching stuff).
The missing performance was not massive (10-20% more would do it) but we're also not talking about the most demanding game on the emulator either.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Wait, what? They are also planning to emulate the Vita?

Apparently. I saw Vita emulation brought up previously but I don't think it ever got to a point of being able to launch anything so it didn't get much attention. I'm not really sure why they're doing it considering how different the two platforms are.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.
Apparently. I saw Vita emulation brought up previously but I don't think it ever got to a point of being able to launch anything so it didn't get much attention. I'm not really sure why they're doing it considering how different the two platforms are.

I think its because a great deal of RPCS3 is geared towards high level emulation of sce libraries, and there is a lot of commonality between platforms due to these libraries.

hiptanaka

Came across this earlier today. Would be interesting to see what incentives can be provided for pledging given that it's an open-source project.

synce

SC4 on PC and it actually looks a lot like SC4... unbelievable.

How far along is optimization now? In the video it's running pretty slow but it's also a 3ghz i3. Does the emu benefit from more cores?

Necro900

Pretty cool! Let's hope the patreon helps the developer work faster and more efficiently as it's happening with CEMU.

Neptonic

What does the Emulator UI look like? Is it nice and user friendly like dolphin or does it look like it was made by a programmer.

What kind of monster PC will it take to run this thing?
Really well? I dunno if one exists, because some of these games work well, while others barely function.

If they can get threading to work well soon, maybe an 8 core/16 thread Ryzen CPU could do well.

jennetics

Still no OG Xbox emulator though :(.

I wanna play Otogi 1-2

Here, I'll emulate playing it for you.

Raikoh...I am a princess. Kill these demon things.

NONE SHALL PASSS NONE SHALL PASSSS NONE SHALL PASSSSSSS

*You're in a ship graveyard and flying around and charging your dragon magic becomes needlessly tedious*

End Credits

I wasn't the biggest fan of Otogi if you didn't figure :p

Amazing progress. 5 years ago I was thinking PS360 emulation was going to be a decade off, now just 5 years later and there are games that are actually playable... wow.

Diablos

Watching a game launch is almost as slow as watching paint dry. Almost.

Looking forward to playable PS3 emulation in 2026! 😃

Oemenia

Banned
Fucking hell. This along with Cemu and Xenia are so beastly that we are taking for granted the amount of work these guys have done.

Top Bottom