• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (1990)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty damn good. It always bugged me growing up that the Turtles don't defeat Shredder. But, watching it as an adult I like that essentially the Foot are their doppelganger to defeat, while Shredder is Splinters. It's about a father and their children. Splinter is trying to prepare his children for going out into the world without him, while Shredder is telling his that the world is shit and they're nothing without him. Nothing mind blowing, but it's a bit more substance than any of the other movies managed to have.

Rival

Gold Member
I don't think any kid has ever begged their father for something quite as much as I did to convince him to take me to see this movie. I can remember it like it was yesterday and easily one of my favorite movies from my childhood. He slept through the entire thing.

Didn't go to an actual showing, but I had the VHS of the the tour. Likewise I also had the "We Wish You A Turtle Christmas" VHS.

$_1.JPG

Both videos are nightmare fuel. Even as a child I knew they sucked.

Christmas Special

SkylineRKR

This film is excellent. Its very gritty for a kids film, its actually somewhat loyal to the mirage comic. Raph's temper for example and how he's getting beat up and meets Casey.

Shredder looked as menacing and his entrance was epic. The foot stole and dealt alcohol and tobacco, they also slapped April in the face. I love the grittiness of this. The sequels are terrible in comparison. The third film is the worst film I have ever seen.

A lot of movies for kids in 80's (I know 1990) were pretty gritty. I rewatched Willow a year ago and couldn't believe I watched this in the theaters when I was 6. Or could I? I guess kids can tolerate more than we think. Turtles is a great movie. I need to get this in my blu ray collection.

A Jose Conseco bat. Tell me, you didn't pay money for this.

(When I was four I didn't know who Jose Conseco was but that line was epic. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom