• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rugby World Cup 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good the rolling maul is back. Current rules make it almost impossible to stop

Yeah, it's a joke. I like a good rolling maul but the rules and ref interpretations have turned it into a joke. So many teams pass the ball to the back of the maul before it's even formed, which should put everyone in front offside and yet nothing.

Clegg

I agree with the penalty, but I'm not entirely sure how the referee missed the infringement.
He was directly in front of it after all.

I know it's only Fiji and they're playing like paraplegic dogs but it'll be nice to have a stonking win for our first game. Put a marker down for the sheep and kangaroo canoodlers.

Is anyone else finding the amount of video refereeing is killing the game?

No way!! It's so good. I love knowing that the decisions made are informed, at least. It's so frustrating in football when literally everyone knows more about what's happened than the referee and, as a result, he makes poor decisions.

kmag

Englands scrum is going to have to improve for them to have any chance in the competition.

Marler basically fouls on every single scrum, he just opens his hips to pivot.

CCS

Banned
No way!! It's so good. I love knowing that the decisions made are informed, at least. It's so frustrating in football when literally everyone knows more about what's happened than the referee and, as a result, he makes poor decisions.

I don't mind reviewing tries and so on, but do we really need to be going back for minor ruck infringements?

CCS

Banned
Englands scrum is going to have to improve for them to have any chance in the competition.

Marler basically fouls on every single scrum, he just opens his hips to pivot.

Is pretty embarrassing for them. Aren't the Fijian props amateurs?

kmag

He wasn't offside there. The ball was out before he moved forward. Maybe the TMO might want to look at that? No thought not.

Is anyone else finding the amount of video refereeing is killing the game?

I agree with both these points. Whilst it is refreshing to see correct decisions being made, the amount and length of the stoppages is really stifling the pace of the game.

Clegg

Joe Marler looks under all kinds of pressure at scrum time. Not good for England as the Fijian scrum is not heralded at all.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
He wasn't offside there. The ball was out before he moved forward. Maybe the TMO might want to look at that? No thought not.

TMO really needs to go back and look at Ford's two undetected knock-ons in the 17th minute.

Joe Marler is boring in on literally every scrum like at a 45 degree angle, I was at the Ireland - Wales game 3 weeks ago when Peyper was ref and it was the same there.

Clegg

Well this certainly hasn't been a dream opener for England. They look vulnerable in the scrum and in the tackle area.
Something I noticed when Ireland played England a few weeks ago. England were better than us in all aspects of the game except for the scrum. We one two against the head, on England's put in that day. They're struggling a bit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom