• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Black Ops 3 beta for pre-orders/ release date 11.6.15 (on a Friday)

I'll be curious to see how it sells. People love BLOPS, but seem to be out of Call of Duty lately.

This is a rather interesting perspective. I believed that due to the shift in generation, the franchises sales took a hit as some people skipped out on a Call of Duty to get the follow up when they get a PS4 or Xbox.

I don't think we will be seeing crazy sales of Call of Duty for a few years until they new consoles really solidified their ground in the market.

I do love Black Ops and Black Ops II was my favorite Call of Duty, however I will be skipping on this one due to time constraints.

Best wishes.

Compsiox

Banned
Repost but Via CharlieIntel first In game pic-
CDYivNhWIAAdD39.jpg

I won't comment until we see more.

Armadilo

Banned
CDYiBRlWMAAyuqc.jpg

CDYiG0EWAAAWDx7.png

CDYiM78WoAARhRa.jpg

ZOMBIES XP PROGRESSION SYSTEM
So this guy @MrRoflWaffles seems to have the scoop on BLOPS3, Treyarch showed him stuff I think,

djjinx2

It's strange for me to see everyone say Treyarch = Best CoD.
Years ago people absolutely hated on Treyarch. To the point of no Infinity Ward, no buy!!

Armadilo

Banned
I'm surprised that they are talking about all this stuff early, they usually save and keep things secret and talk about them over the months before the release of the game

Co-op campaign?! Holy shit, yes! I love playing any games story with friends. Will be extra nice since I usually buy CoD for the campaign :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Those details sound excellent. Really enjoyed AW last year after taking a three year CoD break. Keeping my eye on this one.

Remark

Banned
oh god....zombies has a full fledged xp system now? fucking disgusting. Did blops 2 have this? I loved zombies in w@w and blops 1
No.

I honestly don't see it as a big deal but I kinda wish they kept BLOPS 2 Zombie ranking system where you had to consistently be good every time you played.

Luke_Wal

CONTROLLED THRUST JUMPS HECK YEAH BABY.

I loved AW, so the only thing that would make me skip out on this one would be if Titanfall 2 hit PS4 this fall/winter.

EL CUCO

Co-op SP sounds pretty cool. I'm hyped. Not too happy about "controlled thrust jumps". I guess the maps are going to dictate if it was a good or bad idea...

Mesonak

Jumps won't necessarily break the game; jumping in CoD is notoriously awful and just because AW amped it up to 11 doesn't mean they can't introduce a balanced jumping mechanic that adds interesting mobility options. Even something like Halo would do wonders.

MilesTeg

Banned
Co-op campaign. It's about time. Zombies sounds good too. As for thrust jumping or whatnot, don't really care. Didn't mind Advanced Warfare. Game is sounding like the complete package right now.

Remark

Banned
Co-op SP sounds pretty cool. I'm hyped. Not too happy about "controlled thrust jumps". I guess the maps are going to dictate if it was a good or bad idea...
Hopefully they don't have small ass maps like AW did. Shit was weird. Make the maps way bigger if your going to include things like this like Titanfall big.

Also why do people hate the movement added in Advanced Warfare? Weren't people always complaining about how every game just felt the same? At least now it feels like a new, revitalized franchise.

Granted I only played maybe 3-5 hours of Advanced Warfare but it was definitely miles ahead of Ghosts and at least felt next generational.

Best wishes.

But how will Co-op change the SP experience? I want a cinematic and immersive campaign which is tailored to me, and not some generic Co-op crap.

Also why do people hate the movement added in Advanced Warfare? Weren't people always complaining about how every game just felt the same? At least now it feels like a new, revitalized franchise.

Granted I only played maybe 3-5 hours of Advanced Warfare but it was definitely miles ahead of Ghosts and at least felt next generational.

Best wishes.

It's more of the map and spawn design. I like the movement but it's too clustered, I spawn in front of people because they can lap the map in seconds, it's very tedious and random.

TomShoe

Banned
Co-op campaign. It's about time. Zombies sounds good too. As for thrust jumping or whatnot, don't really care. Didn't mind Advanced Warfare. Game is sounding like the complete package right now.

I don't like the increased mobility at all. AW is fun, but everything turns into a clusterfuck because it's impossible to tell where anyone's going to be.

Top Bottom