• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

Purest 78

Amongst the contingent that matters to me, I am the only one that has one and it is not my main thing so none of that matters.

I just think P's and the constant digital foundry threads are tiresome.

The only thing that matters is whether a game is fun or not.

I don't understand why people Like you bother with threads like this, if you don't care.

In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.

Multi-console owners care

C'mon MS, this is one game you can make up for 900p and the weaker hardware by giving us the best online experience (ie 100% dedicated server coverage).

EGM1966

What I would expect. The 720p for Ghosts on Xbox always felt like they simply hadn't optimized the engine well for the architecture yet. 900p and 60fps seems sensible for XB1 and all assets remaining the same is then expect 1080p on PS4.

Jonnax

How well does CoD usually stick to 60? Played a bit of MW1 on PS4 spilt screen and it felt silky smooth.
MW2 was a jittery mess in comparison. Still playable but MW1 just felt phwoar.

R3TRODYCE

Expected tbh, I already have this preloaded on the Xbook as I prefer xbl but I might snag it on the PS4 also just because.

faridmon

And at 60 FPS. Say whatever you want about COD series, but They sure beat a lot of games on the market when it comes to visual fidelity.

Bgamer90

Banned
Expected.

Have it preloaded. First COD game I've gotten in four years. Pretty much make or break now; can't see myself ever going back to the series if this ends up being bad.

Smokey

Don't care.

I got Ghosts on PS4, but am getting AW on X1. Going with XBL over PSN this time especially in light of the recent issues PSN has been having.

Isn't this type of "Breaking, no shit news thread" getting tired?

If it was 900p, 30 fps, lower res textures and had an inferior lighting solution, that would be more worthy of a X1 trashing thread which is what these seem to be posted for...

On topic, I am glad to see that Sledgehammer is using the extra horsepower to push the PS4 version to 1080p. I am sure both versions will be a great experience.

Now if we could just get "cross-platform" play...

Expected.

Have it preloaded. First COD game I've gotten in four years. Pretty much make or break now; can't see myself ever going back to the series if this ends up being bad.
Honestly you might like it with that significant break. I haven't bought a CoD game since World at War and that is only because I had friends or family that always got the newest game (haven't played Ghosts or Black Ops 2 though so maybe always is not accurate)

I do the same thing with Dynasty Warriors buying only one every few years.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Amongst the contingent that matters to me, I am the only one that has one and it is not my main thing so none of that matters.

I just think P's and the constant digital foundry threads are tiresome.

The only thing that matters is whether a game is fun or not.
Yet here you are/were

Oppo

How about black levels? Do we know?

the black crush would bother me more than the 900p personally, on a game like this

foxbeldin

Yet here you are/were

1amubPk.gif

Bgamer90

Banned
Honestly you might like it with that significant break. I haven't bought a CoD game since World at War and that is only because I had friends or family that always got the newest game (haven't played Ghosts or Black Ops 2 though so maybe always is not accurate)

I do the same thing with Dynasty Warriors buying only one every few years.

Yeah I'm thinking the break I took away from the series will help. Said for a couple of years now that I would give the first "true next generation" COD game a chance.

Ambition

Isn't this type of "Breaking, no shit news thread" getting tired?

If it was 900p, 30 fps, lower res textures and had an inferior lighting solution, that would be more worthy of a X1 trashing thread which is what these seem to be posted for...

You completely missed the point of this thread.

Top Bottom