• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

moai

So if cod was 10 usd cheaper on the x1, would that sway some people to go for the inferior version?
Just wondering.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What I would expect. The 720p for Ghosts on Xbox always felt like they simply hadn't optimized the engine well for the architecture yet. 900p and 60fps seems sensible for XB1 and all assets remaining the same is then expect 1080p on PS4.

They weren't using the enhanced engine for Ghosts, since they started in 2011

JP

Not that it's the most important thing in the world but is it actually confirmed now that there's a 900p to 1080p difference between the tow versions? Was it known already that the Xbox version was 900p?

On Demand

Banned
1amubPk.gif

Are those people being saved?

No CPU-Bottleneck ?

No parity clause ?

No akward bullshit regarding "extracting the best of each platform"

One's gotta wonder how even Activision is being more honest than Ubisoft despite the commercial bounds with Microsoft.

Bgamer90

Banned
So if cod was 10 usd cheaper on the x1, would that sway some people to go for the inferior version?
Just wondering.

Not sure I understand. Game is going to sell well on both and to be honest, I could see the Xbox One version of the game doing better in sales in North America.

Talking about people in here (this thread)? Doubt it. $10 isn't a big deal for many here.

TobiSure

Banned
Thread whining...thanks for your insightful input.

For the millions of COD fans (which will usually sell > 15 million) 1080p60 is important.

For you maybe not, but its not about you.

important because?

You wont see a difference like in the other games thats why this thread is useless...

But it is only about me so so i will shut up...

stryke

No CPU-Bottleneck ?

No parity clause ?

No akward bullshit regarding "extracting the best of each platform"

One's gotta wonder how even Activision is being more honest than Ubisoft despite the commercial bounds with Microsoft.

They actually haven't really said all that much, so it's not so much about dishonesty. They're just keeping quiet - which is the smart thing to do if you don't want to upset your benefactor without insulting other people's intelligence.

Are they still gonna say it's "Best on Xbox"?

They could get away with saying the "best multiplayer experience" but that's it. Just silly marketing anyway. I am curious to see which platforms do get the dedicated servers. It might be the hybrid stuff again. In a PS4 stream last night I saw the dreaded host migration. Guess we'll just have to see.

heyf00L

This information is relevant to people with both consoles or neither.

I haven't bought either current-gen systems yet, so I appreciate knowing if the multiplatform gap is closing or not. It helps me decide which to buy (first?).

Awesome. Is there a PS4 60fps video out there?

I'm sure the frame rate is just as solid if the Xbox one is running it 900p at a stable 60 fps the ps4 version will be fine.

I'm getting it on the Xbox one because I prefer the controller for Cod and the map packs early. I got destiny on the ps4 so I'll get my cod fix on the Xbox one.

fade_

But I thought Ubisoft said there is only about a 1 or 2 fps difference between the two now. I find it highly unlikely that they would misinform us.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.
People who are getting new console might care, and people who already have both especially might care. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp there.

What's more important to me is which systems have dedicated servers. I was watching a stream that migrated hosts but I don't know which version it was...

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not sure I understand. Game is going to sell well on both and to be honest, I could see the Xbox One version of the game doing better in sales in North America.

Talking about people in here (this thread)? Doubt it. $10 isn't a big deal for many here.

It will sell better on the Xbox One. That's a pretty safe prediction for this November.

Xater

That's cool, and this time the game actually has decent graphics as well. Hopefully it's also actually a good game. I am still on the fence. This might get me back into COD if impressions will be really positive.

I haven't bought either current-gen systems yet, so I appreciate knowing if the multiplatform gap is closing or not. It helps me decide which to buy (first?).

This won't happen really. The last year has shown us that we are likely to see 1080p/900p style differences in most multi platform titles going forward. I still feel that going where your friends are is always the best choice in a multiplayer game like this. If you only play single player and have the luxury of getting both versions, get the better performing version.

ironcreed

Banned
That's cool and I figured as much. But I still pre-ordered it on the Xbox One because I prefer the controller. Not to mention that I pre-ordered every other multiplat that I wanted this Fall on PS4.

Just wondering.

I was considering the Xbone version. I tend to prefer COD with the Xbox controller. Still went for the PS4 in the end though. I just happened to have store credit on the PSN store.

I had the game for both consoles last year. PS4 was noticeably better. There was a lot of shimmering on the Xbox One version.

Bgamer90

Banned

900p vs. 1080p gap will more than likely be there for the majority of "AAA action" multiplats for the rest of the gen.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The posters who say resolution doesn't matter always crack me up. If it didn't matter there would hardly be a market for GPU's

T.O.P

Banned
Nice

Was scared for something similar to Ghost, would've gone with the ps4 version in that case, will get on X1 now (if Halo permits lol)

Top Bottom