• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if it is 900p on xbone can people shut up about ms forcing parity on unity ?

VinFTW

How surprising

joking ofc

Anyway, I'm fine with any resolution as long as it's actually stable 60fps on PS4 too. I only went for the Playstation version over PC cause I feel CoD games are a bit... easier, I guess, on consoles, so don't make me regret my decision.. Dev. Sledgehammer? Whatever it was.
I agree with you, CoD, for me, just feels right on a console. Nothing against the PC community at all! Just for me it feels right.

And oh youuuu :p
To be fair I get pretty much all my offline/SP Games on PS4. Lords of the fallen is a recent example. I can imagine some people do the same. It's not entirely out of the question you know? Recent PSN issues it's nice to not have to worry about the online service being up or not and Tuesday maintenance.

Glad to see level headed posts like these. Using a system's full potential is far from the big deal some make it out to be. The game will be enjoyed equally by all regardless of native res. Ubisoft take note.
Thank you :)
Resolution is nice and I'll take it for most games but sometimes there are other benefits to consider. I'm just glad some devs are taking the time and resources to give each console their due benefits (minus Azure :( but I understand the money saved there)

KidJr

I have an acute admiration for the dedication that some people have to turn these threads into something they are not about. It's like really impressive lol, I wonder if it'll be like this for the whole generation.

But yeah glad to hear it, and I'm not a COD fan but I might pick this up as I opted not to watch transformers this year so need something to fill my over the top action void.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
You said it cracks you up when people say that resolution does not matter. You are right in that it clearly does to many, else we would not be having this conversation. I just fail to see the humor in people who really don't mind such a difference. As I am one of them.

Yes, I did. And yes I do find it funny. I never said that 'anyone that thinks it's not important is an idiot' or whatever it was you think I said. If it makes no difference to you personally that's fine, but it's a massive deal to me and for plenty of others and I find it funny when I see posts suggesting that it shouldn't be (especially when, as I mentioned, there's a massive industry based around it).

I suppose if I was to summarise:

It's a big deal to some.
It's not a big to some.
Nobody on either side should be telling people of the opposite opinion what's important to them. (this is what got people really mad with Ubisoft's statements recently)

if it is 900p on xbone can people shut up about ms forcing parity on unity ?

lol wut? This just supports that argument if anything

MS probably can't control Activision sales especially considering how dependent they are on COD and its early DLC and advertising each holiday to sell in that big sales period. Activision would probably just threaten the early DLC deal or advertising if MS ever tried to strongarm parity into their game. Ubi didn't have the spine for that.

If this really does run at 1080/60fps on PS4 I'll be one happy camper. *double entendre, don't ask me how!*

giphy.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

MS probably can't control Activision sales especially considering how dependent they are on COD and its early DLC and advertising each holiday to sell in that big sales period. Activision would probably just threaten the early DLC deal or advertising if MS ever tried to strongarm parity into their game. Ubi didn't have the spine for that.

i think you seriously need to look at it realistically, people are really just trying to paint a bad picture on ms even more eh.

Respawn

Banned
I know Killzone: Shadow Fall was but that's the only one I know off the top of my head. I don't think that would happen with CoD though. Usually they lower the texture quality among other stuff IIRC.
You must have skimped that thread or the tech explanation went way over your head. Let's try another game instead of killzone.

Microsoft pays for that COD early DLC and advertising, just like they're doing with Unity.......

but your argument is that Ubisoft is somehow more beholden to this deal than Activision, even though Assassin's Creed games are amongst the biggest sellers every year, just like COD.

Bgamer90

Banned

Heh, wow.

You must have skimped that thread or the tech explanation went way over your head. Let's try another game instead of killzone.

I apologise if I missed one of hundred's of threads on GAF. Could you link me to what you are talking about or explain what the issue was? As I recall it was just the horizontal resolution that changed but it was still a lower resolution.

woen

I love to hear your logic behind this

I only state the obvious : a cross gen game is a game designed to work and released for both generations. Even Activision uses the word for its press releases. But yeah you can deny a simple fact with empty messages.

T.O.P

Banned

yo wat lol

Teletraan1

Banned
I'm sure Polygon will find a reason to dock the PS4 version half a point on the review.

Pick any one.

-Too easy to headshot people in the distance since you can clearly see them. (only applies to TVs 60+ and not if you are the average person")
-All of the people (aka friends) I persuaded into buying one console over the other are only on XB1.
-No rumble triggers.
-PSN is down every minute of the day.
-One month delay before the community fragments from map packs.
-Color levels 0-16 are clearly visible. Resulting image is flat with worse textures.

Dizzy

Banned
Not surprised, this seems to be the standard these days. Good for xbox to be hitting 900p more though after the early days of the 720p -792p range

Microsoft pays for that COD early DLC and advertising, just like they're doing with Unity.......

but your argument is that Ubisoft is somehow more beholden to this deal than Avitivision, even though Assassin's Creed games are amongst the biggest sellers every year, just like COD.

Just goes to show how ridiculous that theory is.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I only state the obvious : a cross gen game is a game designed to work and released for both generations. Even Activision uses the word for its press releases. But yeah you can deny a simple fact with empty messages.

this actually isn't true.

Shadow of Mordor for example isn't really cross-gen. Monolith developed for and only worked on PC/PS4/XBONE. Getting it to work on last-gen was another developer's problem (Behaviour Interactive)

I'd contend that a cross-gen game is only "hampered" when it's the primary dev team(s) doing development to both gens (a lot of launch titles last year).

Quotient

I think we can comfortably say that Publishers/Platform-holders are not forcing parity (excluding the AC Unity debacle).

ironcreed

Banned
I suppose if I was to summarise:

It's a big deal to some.
It's not a big to some.
Nobody on either side should be telling people of the opposite opinion what's important to them. (this is what got people really mad with Ubisoft's statements recently)

And that is a middle ground we can agree on then.

504.gif

nynt9

Well, I play frame rate not resolution; besides, looking at their previous attempt with GHOSTS, xbone version had the now stable frame rate.

Lest we forget, all games on xbone are output at 1080p anyway.

I recall a patch a month or two after release decreasing performance on the XB1 version.

Preloaded it on XB1 because my friends are on XBL. I also trust XBL more than PSN for server stability. That's more important than 1080P in my opinion.

Dragon

Banned
Keep laughing then, because I still don't give a shit about the difference between 900p and 1080p. Ryse is still easily the best looking game I have played this generation and it is 900p. There is a lot more to graphics than just the resolution and I am more than happy with great textures, effects, etc at 900p.

Apparently you don't care about framerate if you're just going to compliment Ryse without context. I mean Heavenly Sword was a fantastic looking game too, until you moved.

Keep laughing then, because I still don't give a shit about the difference between 900p and 1080p. Ryse is still easily the best looking game I have played this generation and it is 900p. There is a lot more to graphics than just the resolution and I am more than happy with great textures, effects, etc at 900p.

You should see it at 1080p+

ironcreed

Banned
Apparently you don't care about framerate if you're just going to compliment Ryse without context. I mean Heavenly Sword was a fantastic looking game too, until you moved.

On the contrary, I do when it becomes unplayable. But I suppose some are more sensitive to that than others. I actually did not have a problem with either Heavenly Sword back on PS3 or Ryse. I love both games.

Quotient

Obviously, the higher the better. Nobody can deny that. But if the game itself still looks like something that I will enjoy and still looks gorgeous with everything else going on? I'll be fine.

I didn't say it wouldn't look good. I asked as the generation progresses and developers start to lower resolution or effects would you still be happy?

Every time we have these threads about resolution, enviably you get folks who state that 900p is fine. We are only 12 months into this generation and nearly every single multiplatform and even 1st party is running sub 1080p on the X1.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Battlefront next year is running 900p on PS4 and 720p on X1.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
This is already going to be a better experience for me than Ghosts on Xbox One. I'd rather have 1080p, but I'll more than deal with 900p. Just watched the DF vid on framerate and I'm pleased to see that the game holds a solid 60.

Top Bottom