• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor/confirmed - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is 1080p on PS4, and 900p on XB1.

Fellow gafer Macsta was kind enough to provide a direct feed image from the PS4 version he got early today. Fellow gafer Durante has stated the image is 1080p native.

6CPaZAn.jpg

Durante said:
Native 1080p with ~8 pixel wide medium quality post-aa solution.

Digital Foundry recently confirmed the XB1 multiplayer build was running at 900p. The likelihood of that changing on the final game is extremely low, but that's why I'm putting the word "rumor" in the title of the thread.

Not really surprising. Both are max resolutions. Now we have to see FPS.
I bet it is 30...

Edit: Ok, so the series is 60 FPS MP. I bet 30 for SP, ok?

that's great, but i need to know if the damn thing is good. Haven't played a COD since BLOPS2 and i've got an itch that needs severe scratching because BF4 didn't do it for me.

I thought that was known for months?

Nope, because Activision/Sledgehammer never said about the PS4 version or showed it publicly. We're back to where we were last gen where the first time that we see the PS version of CoD is when someone actually buys it at the store.

Not to rain on anyones parade, but isn't the resoultion on Multiplayer games generally lower?

it could be that the game is 1080p in campaign and 900p in multi

stryke

I remember the framerate of the campaign being atrocious at E3. I wonder if Macsta can comment on how it is now.

Slixshot

Banned
Edit: Apologies to those who took my comment very seriously. I realize it was brash. I'll dial it back a bit.

Edit 2: I'm going to keep what I said below, but I do wish I could take it back. I didn't mean to cause an uproar. I was wrong.

In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.

In all seriousness, do people still care? Unless you are literally sitting side by side with an Xbox One and a PS4 plugged in, can you tell? Let's say you can: does it really hinder your experience? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.
Goes into resolution thread

Says resolution doesn't matter and the people who do care about it are stupid

I don't know, when it comes to having to pick out small targets at a distance, quickly, I'll take the larger resolution.

iceatcs

Heh, last locked thread is totally backfired. Same result for the rest of this gen, 1080p-900p vs 900p-720p.

Slixshot

Banned
Goes into resolution thread

Says resolution doesn't matter and the people who do care about it are stupid

Where else would I post it? Also, I did not call anyone stupid.

I don't know, when it comes to having to pick out small targets at a distance, quickly, I'll take the larger resolution.

I would too! But for those who have only an Xbox, there's nothing they can really do about it.
At this point, I would think it's practically expected to know that if you want the higher resolution, you just go to Sony. It actually might be worth a thread if there is parity across the platforms because that's less frequently the case.

That Aliasing is a bit rough but apart from that looks pretty good. I doubt it will be anything other than a stable 60 though. Otherwise all hope is lost for 60fps on consoles.

Xando

Looks like enough people care, maybe you should deal with it.

Atlas157

I get the satisfaction of knowing that I have the best version between the two, and I can tell the difference between 900p and 1080p on my TV.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm wondering if the 900p is just for multiplayer and the campaign is 1080..

kpaadet

In all seriousness, do you even still care that some want the most out of their console? Does it really effect you some care about this? Let's say it does: you sure you're playing games for the right reasons? Let's say you are: deal with it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Oh well, went with the X1 version this time because I was frothing at the mouth for the Ghost's DLC and hated having to wait a month.

the framerate tends to vary with COD campaigns and doesn't strictly adhere to 60 (it tries to, though) but the MP has always been 60 (except for BLOPS1 on the PS3, which was a technical nightmare compare to other COD games on the PS3). MP will be 60, no doubt.

Getting it for free with my new console anyway so I don't really care, otherwise I just would have bought it for the PC like every other CoD I own. I look forward to playing this more than any other CoD though, that Kevin Spacey!

Ramblin

Banned
The worst thing about this discrepancy is the fact that a new thread is made every time. I'm dealing with it though.

Not really surprising. Both are max resolutions. Now we have to see FPS.
I bet it is 30...
A CoD game below 60FPS after Modern warfare 1 would have a public outcry even from people who don't go on websites, even if it's a ("This feels off or slow")

I wouldn't say death sentence but it might be close.

Top Bottom