• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Downloadable Expansion To Marvel vs Capcom 3 Possibly Coming [Sven/Seth: No.]

Sorry but they flat out lied way to many times for me to believe them now.

They said Sentienel wasn't in the game a week before he was announced "Nitsuma" and they also 100% denied an Ultimate version was in the works.

The poster looks somewhat legit, the pricing seems similar to what it would be if it were real, and this is the same tactic they used to try and get people to shy away last time, ignore and deny until they are ready to announce it.

Why does anyone even believe any from Capcom HQ these days when the dudes leaking the content have been more trustworthy for the past few years.

Wonko_C

Too late, Capcom: I already sold my 360 copy of UMVC3 so, make this happen!

I really sold it but that was a week ago, because I got the Vita version. :p

Then again, Capcom denied UMvC3 too when rumors came up regarding that one...
[/hopelessoptimism]

Oh yeah, that's right. Eh, what happens, happens.

Did they outright say "no"?

Sven said:
Just got back from GDC so I'll make this short: that is completely fake.

So, since it's a Capcom employee, the official stance from the company is that the rumor is fake.

But, since it's Sven, and the Okamiden/Ace Attorney fiasco is still fresh in my mind, I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude towards this. I still think they've got something planned because of the tweet in the OP, but it probably won't be as expansive as what the rumor offered.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ha ha, it would be Sven who says it's completely fake.

Sven.

This will twist your noodle for the next four months, gamers!

8WR4p.png

Care to shed some light on that? I don't know exactly what you're referring to.

I'll just quote ShockingAlberto's post on the issue:

Sven claimed Okamiden outsold the first Ace Attorney Investigations in America as a reason the second game was not coming here. At the time, Okamiden had not been in an NPD report and had been out...maybe two weeks?

A poster here who works for a third party publisher, who I'd rather not call out if it's all the same to you, pointed out that AAI sold about on par with Apollo Justice, so we have numbers there. Okamiden didn't, when it was finally reported in the NPD, which isn't surprising as it came out literally between Pokemon and the 3DS. Still, he used it as a data point that he assumed would not have been verifiable (and it wasn't, until we found out how much AAI did sell) to get people off his back about AAI2. It was a lie.

Busaiku

So, since it's a Capcom employee, the official stance from the company is that the rumor is fake.

But, since it's Sven, and the Okamiden/Ace Attorney fiasco is still fresh in my mind, I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude towards this. I still think they've got something planned because of the tweet in the OP, but it probably won't be as expansive as what the rumor offered.

I was referring to Capcom guys claiming that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 was fake so bluntly before its reveal.

Called someone retarded when he said the Mega Man X alt would have important ramifications. (Fun Fact: forum died two days after this)

Whoa, can't believe it's you.

Reunion! The world is small. :D

And lolol, oh silly Capcomunity. You know, I never DID get back to you regarding X-Men Evolutions. Though to be fair, I kinda stopped watching after the first half of season 1 cause I started re-watching Star Trek.

...Oh DS9, only good thing to come from the 90s. :V

If Captivate comes and goes with no info then I'll say this is fake, until then I believe it's just typical "we don't comment on rumors" spin

Reunion! The world is small. :D

And lolol, oh silly Capcomunity. You know, I never DID get back to you regarding X-Men Evolutions. Though to be fair, I kinda stopped watching after the first half of season 1 cause I started re-watching Star Trek.

...Oh DS9, only good thing to come from the 90s. :V

What other threads do you go to?

Well we can assume if the DLC is legit and the 8 characters are being worked on, Lupinko would know who they are.
Has he known anything about DLC not on-disc before?

Oh no wait that doesn't exist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol @ people bitching at Capcom, even when they give the alternative that people have been begging for. They can never do right in anyone's eyes.

Anyways, I want to believe but this is a troll. Also, Sven and Seth have confirmed numerous times that they're done with MvC3 and Niitsuma's team is already working on something that isn't MvC-related. Hard evidence proves otherwise.

Thanks for the cocktease in the morning :/

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wouldn't put it past Sven to say "it's a fake" with a clear conscience because he's referring to the poster itself. Not the DLC expansion!

I was referring to Capcom guys claiming that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 was fake so bluntly before its reveal.

Yeah, that's part of why I'm skeptical as well. Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see if anything develops.

I wouldn't put it past Sven to say "it's a fake" with a clear conscience because he's referring to the poster itself. Not the DLC expansion!

I hadn't even thought of that, and now I'm embarrassed. Dat lack of context :(

Anyways, I want to believe but this is a troll. Also, Sven and Seth have confirmed numerous times that they're done with MvC3 and Niitsuma's team is already working on something that isn't MvC-related. Hard evidence proves otherwise.

They said they were done with MvC3 after vanilla, too.

Oh yeah, that's right. Eh, what happens, happens.

Ya, this was absolutely fake but they also didn't say this gave them a fantastic idea for what game they should work on next... :p

On here? Well, I don't really "frequent" any threads other than Mahvel-related ones, I do post occasionally in topics that interest me, though. :)
We should share XBL tags or something some time.
Oh, boo. Well, it's cool to see you. We should probably continue this via PM though.

No, they never did. Even pre-release they never gave a firm "no" to another disc-based title or expansion. Nor did they ever say a team had moved on or any details regarding such.
They said they'd do more Mahvel if Ultimate was succesful enough...
Kinda why I'm suspicious about the whole thing, I thought it hadn't been.

Lol @ people bitching at Capcom, even when they give the alternative that people have been begging for. They can never do right in anyone's eyes.

To be honest. Niitsuma moving on doesn't mean he's finished, especially if his new project with Eighting. Ono was doing AE and the planning stages of SFxTekken at the same time in 2010. And if we're to believe other rumours, He's been in pre-production for Darkstalkers since SF X Tekken was finishing up.

Developers can multi-task multiple projects, y'know. And DLC wouldn't sap as much time out of Niitsuma while he's on his newest title so even though he's moved on. It's not exactly going to kill any plans for expansion (Especially as they wouldn't need as massive a team as the original games did, so even if the team "broke up", they only need to keep a few of them around to do it).

Capcom's good at this misdirection lark. Wait till April and if there's nothing at Captivate, then we can probably call time on Marvel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, I know there isn't much productive discussion here, but wasn't AE 15$? If Capcom is indeed reanalyzing their DLC business strategy, and this is 8 MvC3 characters for 15$ now, that's a pretty drastic change. I wonder how they'll price the SFxTK characters that come out in April. They can sell those individually cause they're already on disc to make maximum profit, but these rumored characters are (obviously) not on disc so an AE-like package would be required for integration.

Though, it doesn't really matter since this is so blatantly fake. Even my fanboyism for the franchise won't get in the way of this. We've had our hopes raised far too many times in he past for this to phase me.

vg260

Yep, they're smart enough to word carefully in such situations. I want to believe, but I don't have faith in Marvel playing along.

Still the funny thing is how they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

SykoTech

Yeah, I guess Lupinko would have said something if it were true.

Oh well. I'm fine with them saving the new stuff for Marvel vs Capcom 4 at this point.

Vanish

holy crap can we PLEASE finally get more spiderman characters if true (especially eddie brock venom and green goblin).

i really hate to say it, but more marvel is a good thing. i certainly trust gamestop over capcom (who has denied sentinel and umvc3 in the past), and also, $15 for 8 new characters isnt that bad..

vg260

i really hate to say it, but more marvel is a good thing. i certainly trust gamestop over capcom (who has denied sentinel and umvc3 in the past), and also, $15 for 8 new characters isnt that bad..

Yup, but I don't trust word of mouth from "Gamestop employees" though.

$15 for 8 new characters would be amazing, all things considered.

Top Bottom