• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Fantastic Four Reboot in Danger, Josh Trank May Be Out (Was High, Broke Sets)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
It was a rumor worth discussion, that's what I thought.

But the rumor is he was high and trashed a set. Which is non-news. Because so many directors have stories like this and they don't get a thread every single time gossip about them acting like assholes comes out. I mean its so much non-news there wasn't any real film sites that posted this.

Not that the movie is in danger of not coming out (a movie that finished filming) or that his career is over. Anyone who speculates a directors career is over because of on-set behavior doesn't pay attention to this industry. What matters is if their films make money. Directors can even snort coke all they want and act insane if they release movies that make money (Hello Martin Scorsese).

The OP is just pure over the top speculation worded as if its a real rumor.

It was a rumor worth discussion, that's what I thought.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 only got Sony around $65 million before expenses (they spent a metric shit-ton on production & promotion). Why else are they talking with Marvel Studios.

oh right I forgot about that super secret meeting with Feige that is supposed to be going on this month somewhere in the himalayas or some shit, right?

shira

I laughed.
mj-laughing.gif

b plz

Game Guru

Amazing Spider-Man 2 only got Sony around $65 million before expenses (they spent a metric shit-ton on production & promotion). Why else are they talking with Marvel Studios.

And why do you think selling off the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel are off the table for Sony? Sony Pictures is in a bad place but Spider-Man is still their highest performer. In addition, Sony has always been more willing to work with Marvel which is why Marvel gives Spider-Man a more prominent place than X-Men and Fantastic Four at the moment. X-Men would probably be in the same position that Fantastic Four is if the former was not still one of Marvel's more popular franchises, even if they've been hitting homers with the characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Neoxon

And why do you think selling off the Spider-Man film rights back to Marvel are off the table for Sony? Sony Pictures is in a bad place but Spider-Man is still their highest performer. In addition, Sony has always been more willing to work with Marvel which is why Marvel gives Spider-Man a more prominent place than X-Men and Fantastic Four at the moment. X-Men would probably be in the same position that Fantastic Four is if the former was not still one of Marvel's more popular franchises, even if they've been hitting homers with the characters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
They aren't gonna sell off Spidey completely, they're letting Marvel make the movies & get a cut of the profits assuming this deal is reached. Given how little profit TASM2 made, it'll only go downhill from here if nothing changes over at Sony Pictures. When a talking raccoon makes more money than Spider-Man, you need to reevaluate what he hell you're doing.

If these rumors are true, it would make sense for Disney to kick Trank off from directing any Star Wars film if he really fucked up the FF.

It'd be smart for Disney to make threatening noises at anyone who's going to direct an FF movie at all, really.

Dead

well not really...yet
I hope this is true just for the funnies
Nah

True funnies would be movie turning out good.

Keep FF away from Marvel

Fox definitive Marvel studios with superior X-men AND FF movies compared to bland fuck marvel studios movies

a916

Nah. Chronicle was pretty great. My only concern was Fox messing shit up, but that was alleviated because DoFP was the best comic movie last year.

Agreed on the last front. They had a very amazing threat for the X-Men that raised the stakes well enough.

Then again, Fox has done some really terrible X-Men movies (the entire Wolverine line) and the 2 Fantastic Four movies... they're batting at slightly below .500

Nah

True funnies would be movie turning out good.

Keep FF away from Marvel

Fox definitive Marvel studios with superior X-men AND FF movies compared to bland fuck marvel studios movies

I agree on the first part but COME ON. Is the petty anti fanboyism really necessary?

If anything I'm just sad that the F4 has to be neglected across different mediums ( movies, comics, and tv) because of this and would like the rights to revert just to make the F4 relevant again. It's definitely like bitter divorcees going at it with F4 being the hurt neglectful child. It's just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom