• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Fantastic Four Reboot in Danger, Josh Trank May Be Out (Was High, Broke Sets)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they hire him solely for the fact that he makes cheap movies? At least that's what I thought. "Make Fantastic Four for nothing, please thanks". I could see why a director wouldn't give a fuck.

Just give Fantastic Four back to Marvel. It's more trouble than it's worth of FOX.

Yeah, Fox can keep X-Men ....... for now.

Seems extremely hard to believe, on the other hand, it is absolute bizarre how there has been zero marketing for the film. No one even knew they had started filming until the "that's a wrap" photo on twitter. One thing is for certain, this movie is destined to bomb.

So like, the rumor is that Josh Trank was behaving badly on set several months ago and that it was so bad that Fox might write off the entire investment? I guess that's why they had a trailer house working on trailers and marketing materials in the fall. Only well into post-production and marketing prep did they realize that on-set behavior made the whole thing fruitless.

I'm betting Neoxon either didn't know, or didn't remember after having learned that the film had already wrapped production back in August, otherwise I can't imagine he'd have paid this any attention.

Neoxon

I'm betting Neoxon either didn't know, or didn't remember after having learned that the film had already wrapped production back in August, otherwise I can't imagine he'd have paid this any attention.
It was more of the latter, mainly because there hasn't been any word of this movie for months.

It was more of the latter, mainly because there hasn't been any word of this movie for months.

Understandable. It's not like there was a lot of brouhaha about the film having wrapped, either - I think that tweet was like, the biggest announcement of it having happened, really.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Also, consider that the marketing blitz for Ant-Man, with its troubled production history, has already begun with the trailer release this week, while with FF, which is going to be released at about the same time, there has been almost no photos, publicity or footage at all released from Fox.

Neoxon

Understandable. It's not like there was a lot of brouhaha about the film having wrapped, either - I think that tweet was like, the biggest announcement of it having happened, really.
I think the link of that tweet someone posted in this thread jogged my memory. I should probably keep record of this stuff.

Feige drugged Trank, destroyed the sets, blamed it all on him.

All according to plan.
Feige_1300.jpg

2 page thread on literally two posts from a college football message board

and more "sources" repeating the posts

impressive!

but its okay because its a RUMOR

like so what if he got wasted and wrecked his rental rock star style

but now its sets and costing millions and preventing the movie from coming out and effecting star wars and reverting rights and and and

I remember a rumor that all of the footage shot for Star Wars Episode 1 by Lucas had a blue tint to it and had to be reshot. This sounds equally bullshit.

He got the Star Wars job in return for deliberately fucking over the Fantastic Four shoot and ensuring that the movie won't come out on time, enabling Disney to claim the rights and to bring Galactus and Doom to the MCU.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Why couldn't this conspiracy actually be true?

Dai101

Banned
I find it extremely bizarre that this movie finished production before Ant-Man's even started, and basically nothing has come out of it.

Exactly. For Ant-Man we've had lots of pictures both from set and press, much info and even a trailer premiering this tuesday. Meanwhile of this reboot we've only seen hobo-Doom, that Thing head thingy and a suppoused wrap party pic that looked like it was taken outside a Quizznos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom