• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulUnison

Banned
Completely anecdotal and without anything to back my claim but... Friend of mine who is a banker has a client who is manager GS. Said he stopped into the store and the manager showed him the new promo material that corroborates the rumor. Wasn't allowed a picture though.

So he just goes around showing marketing materials to random-ish people around town?

Ok.

mugwhump

Game probably needs it bad. Frankly I'm still not sure that will be enough time.

SE might not have been too keen on competing with P5 in september in Japan also.

actually after 2.8 lauches the kh3 can start buliding hype

I mean in theory the hype for KH3 starts building at launch of 2.8. It's basically a big prologue for it that includes a Duscae esque slice of KH3 with the exeption of this being standalone thing rather than something taken from the full game. I wouldn't be surprised if both 0.2 and XBC connect to KH3 much more directly than the trailers have revealed. Also there will be ''upcoming announcements this winter'' which probably mean a new trailer at PSX or JF. The last time we had an actual trailer was at E3 2015 so 1.5 years in between with nothing but small snippets or same footage we already saw just running on a newer build.

One thing that I really wonder about XV and Nomura's departure at this point is, like, Tabata was put on the project to get that shit out ASAP but how much longer would the developement have taken anyway if they didn't start shuffling stuff around. Early 2017? Late 2017? Even later? It just boggles me what happened internally that made the upper management think that Nomura couldn't ship it soon enough, was his vision for the game too ambitious? And if so I wonder if it would have payed off for the franchise in the long run even if it meant an extra year of dev time. I hope some day we get the full story.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
PS4 version = Neo version

They're the same disc, it just works better on a Neo.

But that's what I thought too.
If the delay happens, I can play it the first time with Neo the way it was intended. So I'm not that sad.
Same here. Glad I won't have to worry about spoilers while holding out to play on Neo. Plus, playing on release day along with everybody else is an integral part of the FF experience for me.

Delay to after Neo launch would be great IMO.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
An alleged gamestop manager on Twitter pasted this week's shipments of standees. If this embargo thing was August 14th the cardboard cutouts going up this week don't reflect the new date.

The tweet was deleted so I posted it to my account.
https://twitter.com/Tenkay23/status/764561065170436096?s=09

Yeah, multiple stores seem to say that they received the new stuff just days ago, and it all says September 30th. To be honest it would also be odd that the released all the Florence + The Machine promo stuff yesterday, if there was gonna be a delay, surely it'd be best to hold it back for the announcement.

The more peeps buy p5 the better ps4 install in japan. I don't think there's any competition, most people would want a second game for the ps4, especially FFXV.

Btw, I cant wait to see those high lv game play expert videos that the Japanese always make. To this day cant no one top the Japanese vanquish videos.

Yeah, multiple stores seem to say that they received the new stuff just days ago, and it all says September 30th. To be honest it would also be odd that the released all the Florence + The Machine promo stuff yesterday, if there was gonna be a delay, surely it'd be best to hold it back for the announcement.

Exactly

The more peeps buy p5 the better ps4 install in japan. I don't think there's any competition, most people would want a second game for the ps4, especially FFXV.

Btw, I cant wait to see those high lv game play expert videos that the Japanese always make. To this day cant no one top the Japanese vanquish videos.
Ehhh didn't they say it was too hard and confusing back in episode duscae feedback.

Squire

Banned

P5 is on PS3, too.

Banned
Yeah, this has been posted a few times already and isn't relevant if the delay change is a recent development.

Ah OK. I doubt there's a delay.

Sorry if it's been posted I'm not following this thread on a consistent basis.

Lynx_7

I really doubt this.

Yeah, specially considering the new November date would put them closer to Pokemon. It'd be like running away from a poodle by jumping straight into the jaws of a lion. Wouldn't make any sense for them to be afraid of P5 but not Sun and Moon. This delay (if it does happen) is most likely for polishing things up and getting the console versions to run properly.

Yeah, specially considering the new November date would put them closer to Pokemon. It'd be like running away from a poodle by jumping straight into the jaws of a lion. Wouldn't make any sense for them to be afraid of P5 but not Sun and Moon. This delay (if it does happen) is most likely for polishing things up and getting the console versions to run properly.

To be fair, P5 is also a PS4 game, while Sun and Moon are both a totally different ecosystem (Nintendo) and on a handheld.

But holy crap, I totally forgot how close this delay puts them together. That's going to stiiiiing for me.

ViciousDS

Banned
No? They know each other because my friend shops at that GS and the manager happens to be a client of his.

You didn't answer his question. The way you worded it was that the GS guy went to the bank and showed him promo material and then you were asked if the GS just carries around flashing promo material to people he knows, of which you didn't answer

Tyaren

You didn't answer his question. The way you worded it was that the GS guy went to the bank and showed him promo material and then you were asked if the GS just carries around flashing promo material to people he knows, of which you didn't answer

He said: "He stopped by in the store" which was clearly meaning the banker visited the Gamestop, not the other way around. XD

Limality

Banned

He wrote that his banker friend stepped into the gamestop where his client, the manager of said gamestop, allegedly showed him the new promo material with the new date on it.

Do you have basic reading comprehension?

Kieli

Given how starved of high-quality triple-AAA jRPGs the gaming space has been for the past year or 2, I don't think P5 and FFXV are at the risk of cannibalizing each other.

People will just get both or get one and then the other soon.

If anything, the target demographic has way too much money to spare.

ViciousDS

Banned
Do you have basic reading comprehension?

He wrote that his banker friend stepped into the gamestop where his client, the manager of said gamestop, allegedly showed him the new promo material with the new date on it.

He said: "He stopped by in the store" which was clearly meaning the banker visited the Gamestop, not the other way around. XD

Shsshhhhiiiitttttt

I really need to take a quick nap on Saturdays after working 6, 10 hour days straight lol

Sorry pinko

Sorry folks

DPtheGod

Said banker is fueling the fire.

Not saying the leak isn't real, but it is highly unlikely it came from a GS employee. One Gamestop, possibly two, have "confirmed" having these materials.

LowParry

SNES it is. Probably fire that up here in the next couple of weeks. Keep the faith FFXV fans. We're almost there. Even if there is a delay, delays usually mean improvements for the better.

artsi

Just read this @ GameFAQs, lol if they delayed the game because of a figurine:

The figurine making company is having problems meeting the deadline because of a joint issue with Noctis arms. Apparently the final model while holding weapons the arms were easily snapping off. Something about the scalers for the 3D printing being off at his articulation points for the forearm.

No reason to just take my word for it

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/402473/final-fantasy-xv-play-arts-kai-noctis

Noctis is only figurine whose expected delivery date was changed and pushed back to November. (Oct 31+2 weeks processing sneaky how they worded that huh)

If you look at the promotional figurine picture you can also see where they made the firearm connecting point to large, which led to the future mass produced models being faulty.

My source is legit, as I am a collector and he has hooked me up several times in past way before they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom