• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Battlefield 4 teaser coming this week [Up: Partial Box Art Appears]

Tagg9

I almost forgot to mention: Imagine if the microtransactions and DLC day one fiasco that EA has done with Dead Space and Sim City have been terrible, just imagine how it will be for their most popular franchise. Something tells me they think this is a huge opportunity for monetizing the hell out of us.

I would imagine they've learned from the experience; it isn't likely to be worse for their best-selling franchise.

RoKKeR

I would imagine they've learned from the experience; it isn't likely to be worse for their best-selling franchise.

I expect it to be similar to how BF3 is, with perhaps more options for cosmetic transactions like weapon camos, soldier skins, etc.

Why the hell is the cover in the exact same style as BF3?

Be original, for christ's sake. I know it's just a box cover, but come on.

Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg

Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_-_Vietnam_Expansion_pack_cover.jpg

Its a good style.

sunnz

I know many want a BF2 style game, which is fine.

But I am more disappointed we will never see a game like BFBC 1 again, that was so damn good. Thankfully its still populated (kinda) so I can still play it.

The jet looks like a Eurofighter.
Any PAC or EU markings on it? :) Yeah I wish....

If they don't want to go as far into the future as 2143 they could do a game set in between 2142 and current day, implementing some futuristic tech to spice things up a bit. There were alot of cool things in 2142 and it would be nice see what DICE could come up with given a little bit of free reign with a near future setting. They could set it around the beginning of the PAC/EU rivalry.

Hindle

Banned
It will be awesome if each of the jets control differently. Like the US jets will be the fastest, the Chinese the most endurable.

Zeppelin

Looking forward to this, even though I don't expect it to be much of a bump from BF3. I really hope they expand on the laser designation stuff, it was a bit janky in BF3 but by far my favourite gameplay element. Putting that SOFLAM in your sniper kit and climb to a high point on Operation Firestorm, designate an enemy tank and watch 2-3 Javelins jump up from different places on the map and hitting it - so good.

That's what I thought originally which would be interesting, but didn't expect it on the cover. Then again, maybe they're bringing back true WWIII with Euro forces involved as well like the BF2 "booster pack".

I was hoping they would include Russian or Chinese Gen 5 fighters so they could put the F-22 in as well since they'd all be pretty maneuverable and the avionics, electronics etc. wouldn't matter since it's BF.

I'm just tired of the damn F-35...lol

Im hoping for the F-15 but if the game is US Marines again it probably won't be in.

Makoto

I can't really feel that excited for BF4, they kinda dropped the ball with all the BF3 promises.

But will still watch!
Pretty much. BF3 launched with some crap maps with too many of them being too infantry-centric, the unlock system is garbage (moreso than previous Battlefield games that have attempted it) and what's worthwhile is behind a paywall.

Pretty much. BF3 launched with some crap maps with too many of them being too infantry-centric, the unlock system is garbage (moreso than previous Battlefield games that have attempted it) and what's worthwhile is behind a paywall.

yes but they have released some excellent DLC maps after vanilla. Atleast they didnt stop supporting the game.

shandy706

Ok

I took that image into photoshop, sharpened it, then dropped a 2 pixel pixelation on it to see if I could make out anything.

The arm seems to have a large sleeve....maybe gauntlet like....

...maybe the arm is mechanical/biotic.

I could also just be seeing things.

lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ok

I took that image into photoshop, sharpened it, then dropped a 2 pixel pixelation on it to see if I could make out anything.

The arm seems to have a large sleeve....maybe gauntlet like....

...maybe the arm is mechanical/biotic.

I could also just be seeing things.

lol

Yes.

proxy.jpg

Thorgal

if true this has gotta be painfull for MS because devs cannot say anything about 720 version because technically that console doesnt exist .

in essence this is just free advertisement for Sonys PS4 to the dudebro market
while DICE will be saying how great the PS4 is and how well the game runs and how great it looks.

all the while MS can just gnash their teeth and wait till april to unveil it.

RiverBed

Banned
if true this has gotta be painfull for MS because devs cannot say anything about 720 version because technically that console doesnt exist .

while DICE will be saying how great the PS4 is and how well the game runs and how great it looks.

yes, but MS has time. Also, they may have a deal with EA and Activision. We'll see.

waypoetic

Banned

Maybe the 720 is just a cable box! boom.gif

And who are you calling a dudebro? The COD and Gears Of War players are the dudebro's, us Battlefield-players are fucking gentlemens of war.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
yes but they have released some excellent DLC maps after vanilla. Atleast they didnt stop supporting the game.

We would've gotten better maps if they had done mod tools, but noooo, it's too complex for the community to manage (was that for BC2 or BF3, I can't remember all the excuses they have for not giving mod tools to the community!).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The real question is: is there really a need for a new BF game already?
Hell to the mother 'effin yeah

BF3 had an awesome post launch support but its time for some PS4 goodness.

Never bought BF3. Was waiting until all the DLC was released then buy but i may just skip it all together and buy this new BF 3.5 when released.

I assume it will be extremely similar like an expensive giant map pack with another terrible single player campaign tacked on simply to say they have it.

RoKKeR

Honestly, BF seems to change so little from game to game that its kinda killed the hype for me on this one.
I disagree (on the not changing bit), and considering that they'll be able to push BF4 as a huge FPS that takes advantage of next gen hardware, then I'd say there is definitely need for a new BF.

Vasili2K38

I almost forgot to mention: Imagine if the microtransactions and DLC day one fiasco that EA has done with Dead Space and Sim City have been terrible, just imagine how it will be for their most popular franchise. Something tells me they think this is a huge opportunity for monetizing the hell out of us.

Exactly my fears :/. Battlefield 3 is my favorite multiplayer game of all time, with 130 and 270 hours in PC and PS3 (in that order), and for me is a shitton of hours playing a multiplayer game (lots of nights playing with PS3 GAF fellas even if I'm kind of a lurker here ;b ). And I think Battlefield 3 Premium is a fairly good "season pass", with a lot of content, and I wish EA keep the same model for Battlefield 4, but my biggest fear is that they will plague the game with microtransactions..

RoKKeR

Just a quick heads up about tomorrow: Don't expect anything big, again, it's just a tease. As with BF3 we'll likely get a few small details, key art, and a short conceptual teaser. (no gameplay)

I thought I'd throw it out there to the BFO director who has knowledge of the unveiling, and this is what I got.

8Am.png

Just a quick heads up about tomorrow: Don't expect anything big, again, it's just a tease. As with BF3 we'll likely get a few small details, key art, and a short conceptual teaser. (no gameplay)

I thought I'd throw it out there to the BFO director who has knowledge of the unveiling, and this is what I got.

8Am.png

Well there is just 2 weeks left until full reveal anyway.

CryptiK

Lame another modern shoot bring on some 2K FFS it would have been better for them anyway. They could still have people playing BF3 and BF2143 and still sell DLC for BF3.

Top Bottom