• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Okay guys just got up. Anything new besides what's in the OP?
Any hope for more characters than what is listed? Maybe it's such an early build that it's missing newer stuff...? Maybe...?

All we know is thus far we have 20 characters and that includes evil Cole as an extra "character". Superbot has said repeatedly more than 20 characters.

Same also for stages, more than 14 has been the word and here we have exactly 14.

It's almost like they wanted us to find this. Lol

HardRojo

I'm definitely expecting more characters, no way Superbot would release a beta with code that contains hints at all the stuff the retail version will have.

Is it just me or does every stage besides Sandover Village and that Uncharted 3 stage (which I'm guessing will be this game's Big Blue?) have this weird 'boxed-in' structure to them? Understandable given both how the game works and how the stages have to transform to segue into a new franchise, but it does make all the stages, even the cartoonier ones blend together a bit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The OP really needs to update with the new stages without the watermark and the minion list that reminder compiled so that people stop getting DMC Kat mixed up with Gravity Rush Kat.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If the new Dante get's in over the others.. I think I'm gonna fucking throw up...

What a disgrace. Please let this be fake. For the love of god....

Easy_D

never left the stone age
- HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHERE ARE CRASH AND SPYRO!??

- eeeeey.. remember this guy? you can try to guess, this brings back memories for me.. character is powered by SCE.. ITS SIR DANIEL! from Medievil!, meeeeeeeeeeedieviiiiiil! remember that one?
Daniel is way cooler than Crash and Spyro.

I hope so and I think you maybe right, but I have to go back and ask again why wasn't evil cole included in the good cole announcement. Think they were just saving him for the story mode reveal?

I think so, that would have made for a cool reveal or better yet surprise when you bought the game and played through the story mode.

I'm definitely expecting more characters, no way Superbot would release a beta with code that contains hints at all the stuff the retail version will have.

Thats a stupid comment, They didnt just give this info out to people, It was datamined from the beta. Same thing has happened with loads of (fighting) games

DoA5 in from the NG3 demo
Mortal Kombat from the XBL/PSN Demo

just to name some recent leaks.

Stuff like this happens on a huge basis and is 99% of the time fully complete.

Drencrom

Really hope Sir Dan and Spike is in, I don't see why they would go with Raiden over Snake though, most MGS fans don't give two shits about him and neither dino so what's the point? And what about the VA leak with David Hayter?

The stages looks really great and they are definitely in but these character file scraps seems dubious.

Oh, and Crash as DLC maybe?

So is Lightning confirmed or not from the beta files?
The links to the individual posts aren't working for me.

Nope. People are holding out hope since those files include an 'unlockable' icon and most sites have been advertising the game as having 20+ characters, whereas the 14 stages was much more definite. Big Daddy also doesn't have his own character icon (but has his own stage, so he *is* still referenced in the game's code elsewhere... I think).

I can deal with Lightning if Crash is revealed alongside her.

Thats a stupid comment, They didnt just give this info out to people, It was datamined from the beta. Same thing has happened with loads of (fighting) games

Except in this scenario we have the developer saying more than 20 are in the game and here we have exactly 20. Although, the data mined does show that there are at least a couple of unlockable characters, or maybe I am reading the list in the OP wrong.

I'm hyped for Sackboy...but otherwise, the only other characters I'd consider are Toro and Parappa.

I'm still hoping Kiryu makes it with Majima as a minion...:(

As for Snake, maybe he shows up in Raiden's rival scene like Kuro does for Toro? I mean, Pierre is listed for Toro, right?

V_Ben

Banned
19 characters, and a random character option bringing it to 20. That seems a little... Low. To me at least. I wouldn't be surprised if extra characters have made it in since then, based on can feedback.

(Also, if characters have cutscenes, then perhaps Hayter did the voice for one of Raiden's)

Xater

- HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHERE ARE CRASH AND SPYRO!??

- eeeeey.. remember this guy? you can try to guess, this brings back memories for me.. character is powered by SCE.. ITS SIR DANIEL! from Medievil!, meeeeeeeeeeedieviiiiiil! remember that one?

Oh shut up. Medievil was great and Sir Daniel is a cool addition. Hopefully this game can introduce a younger generation to him so we can get a new game...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

What if Sony uses on online pass like they do for every single game they've done recently, and lock 2 characters behind the pass. Maybe that online pass DLC isn't included in the code yet, just like the DLC wasn't included in the MK demo?

Oh shut up. Medievil was great and Sir Daniel is a cool addition. Hopefully this game can introduce a younger generation to him so we can get a new game...
Wasn't Salsashark also legitimately excited Metal Mario was a character in Mario Kart 7? Makes it all the dumber a potshot.

KAL2006

Banned
So these are the character that are missing

PS2 era Dante
Solid Snake
Lara Croft
Spyro
Crash
Cloud
Kat (Gravity Rush)
Carl "CJ" Johnson
Gabriel Logan
Nathan Hale

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
19 characters, and a random character option bringing it to 20. That seems a little... Low. To me at least. I wouldn't be surprised if extra characters have made it in since then, based on can feedback.

(Also, if characters have cutscenes, then perhaps Hayter did the voice for one of Raiden's)

You actually remind me of a good point. 20+ characters was pretty much everywhere about this game in feature lists for this game everywhere. If you count cole as one character then that makes it only 19. Makes you think he isn't treated like one character in the game, or they have more characters somehow.

Desmond

Lads calm down, Konami are testing us. They want us to think we are getting just Raiden. In reality, we're getting Raiden, Snake and Jehuty!!!

Raiden better have his MGS2 clothes!!!!!

Really hope Sir Dan and Spike is in, I don't see why they would go with Raiden over Snake though, most MGS fans don't give two shits about him and neither dino so what's the point?

There could be several reasons for Raiden over Snake.

Snake has been done before in Smash so Raiden creates some separation from Smash.

Raiden has a new game coming out soon, so cross promotion.

Snake's moveset and playstyle may be too similar to other characters already in the game (radec and Nathan Drake), so Raiden adds diversity in movesets.

And there may be other reasons as well. I know personally I wouldn't have touched Snake, but I would live to play as raiden.

Desmond

Snake has been done before in Smash so Raiden creates some separation from Smash.

Snake's moveset and playstyle may be too similar to other characters already in the game (radec and Nathan Drake), so Raiden adds diversity in movesets.

And there may be other reasons as well. I know personally I wouldn't have touched Snake, but I would live to play as raiden.
Snake could use CQC. He doesn't have to use guns.

20 characters with 14 stages seem good, but I'm still guessing Sony has more chars to reveal. If Snake's gonna be in the game, then Raidens voice will be Quinton flynn.

What if Sony uses on online pass like they do for every single game they've done recently, and lock 2 characters behind the pass. Maybe that online pass DLC isn't included in the code yet, just like the DLC wasn't included in the MK demo?

The MK9 DLC characters where hidden in the files also at least 2 of the hackers found them.

Even so its a moot point it means that these are the characters shipping with the game.

Then why even bother with a Metal Gear character anyway?
its like a Smash Bros using Luigi instead of Mario

Wow. People won't let the Dante thing go.

Devil trigger for his Level 3, making all characters float in mid air while he gets a SSS style ranking. Soo good.

This game looks to have more characters in than I expected, I was guessing around 16 for the first go around.
While I don't have much in the way of history with Sony mascots I am pleased by the inclusion of Sir Daniel, he's always been memorable to me at least though that could just be because I knew someone who was a big medievil fan.

So happy to see Spike and the Time Station are in!

215237.png

A shame Snake is missing (really? not even old Snake?) but I wouldn't be surprised to see them as DLC. Anyway, the true version of the Playstation Brawler will be the sequel, when they can finally expand the roster to the remaining characters.

Spinluck

If they delayed the game to up the roster, I'd be fine with it.

Not that I'm entirely upset with this roster, I was just expecting something a little more. I still can't wait for the game though. :p
But I'm also holding onto the idea EDIT: that not all of this is finalized.

Two Coles? Really? Out of all the franchises they could've did multiple characters for they chose inFamous? Oh well, I hope him and normal Cole share the same slot on the character select screen. At least we know we're not getting a "Dr. Mario", same character, with the same exact moveset with slight alterations. Lol. And I just cannot see Snake not being playable in this.

I like the stages, they look great graphically, but their designs/layouts look stale and cookie cutter-ish. It just looks like they threw platforms here and there, and called it a day. But the fact that hazards can be turned off makes them all competitive(assuming the shots are of the entire stage). At least they didn't leave any audio assets in the Beta file, perhaps we can still have that as a surprise. Oh well. I still have hype for Gamescon, and this game, I believe we haven't seen everything yet.

Spy

From my dream roster they're 11/22 which isn't bad I guess.

Cole
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Drake
Jak and Daxter
Jill Valentine
Kat
Klonoa
Kratos
Lara Croft
Mega Man
Nathan Hale
Nariko
Radec
Ratchet and Clank
Sackboy
Sly Cooper
Solid Snake
Sora
Spike
Spyro the Dragon
Tomba

No gonna lie - I'm really gutted about this leak. I wanted characters/stages to be a surprise and for reveals to happen gradually. Having it all unveiled like this in one big heap is so anti-climactic.

Raiden instead of Snake and Evil Cole taking up an extra slot is a royal bummer too.

Hype well and truly deflated.

Stages look quite boring. Character list is disappointing.

Raiden but no Snake? Fuck off.
New Dante? Fuck off.
Two Coles? Fuck off, they should be costume variants.

There's a good chance that there'll be more characters via DLC but unless they are free, I won't be buying it. Roster is awful.

Best thing to come out of this is Sir Daniel but that's not enough to get me back on board.

Loudninja

Hype well and truly deflated.

Stages look quite boring. Character list is disappointing.

Raiden but no Snake? Fuck off.
New Dante? Fuck off.
Two Coles? Fuck off, they should be costume variants.

There's a good chance that there'll be more characters via DLC but unless they are free, I won't be buying it. Roster is awful.

Best thing to come out of this is Sir Daniel but that's not enough to get me back on board.
Should we not wait to see the actual stages in motion?

We dont know the cross over, or what the level does.

Wow people are truly salty about this roster and stage leak. People not buying because of certain characters in and not.
Let them do what they want .

Should we not wait to see the actual stages in motion?

They all look static. Nothing like the moving train sequence in the original pitch video. They are mostly lower platform/two higher platform on the left and right affairs. :(

I wanted to be fighting on the back of moving titans, collossi, trains, Metal Gear Ray going down the river etc. :(

Top Bottom