• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

So if we're going by the beta leak alone this would be our roster, yeah?

TrueRoster.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The leaked/rumored roster would finish off nicely with either Alundra or Tomba added.

My only concern about Musashi is if he's in the roster whether they'll use the original design or the overhauled one.

Would definitely hope for Original Musashi, with PS2 Musashi worked into being an alt outfit. The SD size would be more interesting to see. All makes me realize how much I'd like to see some Bushido Blade and Tobal suggestions hinted at in this game, too... Einhiender ship can show up and shoot a laser barrage or 2 also, while we're at it!

TheMink

Yep.

Still sucks though, call me a sheep but Cloud was the the character I was the most hyped for, now I'm really starting to think theres just no way he is in.

I was hoping for Cloud more than anything :(

I wasnt really surprised about Lightning though. Pretty much confirms ff XIII-3 right?

So if we're going by the beta leak alone this would be our roster, yeah?

Missing a version of cole ;)

EDIT: no your not! :p

I wasnt really surprised about Lightning though. Pretty much confirms ff XIII-3 right?

Out of curiosity if we're accepting Lightning to be in, doesn't that mean anybody else could be in too? Or are we assuming only one character isn't in the beta files...?

k_Reign

So, any guesses as to why Lightning isn't included in these lists we've found? Or Big Daddy for that matter...still makes me think it's incomplete.

Also, people are taking your Musashi and Lightning leak as true over at IGN and other places, hahah.

TheMink

Out of curiosity if we're accepting Lightning to be in, doesn't that mean anybody else could be in too? Or are we assuming only one character isn't in the beta files...?

Anyone could be in, because havent they said like multiple time "more than 20?" correct me if im wrong but 20 is not more than 20 :p

You know what hasn't yet been leaked? Stage mashups. We don't know what characters/series are going to be gatecrashing the stages we know about. Who's going to be showing up in Loco Roco land? What else going to be invading Helghan/San Francisco? Warhawk ship in the bg of the Stowaway stage? There's still plenty of surprises to come, I think.

You know what hasn't yet been leaked? Stage mashups. We don't know what characters/series are going to be gatecrashing the stages we know about. Who's going to be showing up in Loco Roco land? What else going to be invading Helghan/San Francisco? Warhawk ship in the bg of the Stowaway stage? There's still plenty of surprises to come, I think.

the only series that I can imagine in LocoRoco stage without breaking some sort of cohesiveness is Patapon since they're both flat 2d style. but Patapon is already in Hades level. so no idea really.

TheMink

So, any guesses as to why Lightning isn't included in these lists we've found? Or Big Daddy for that matter...still makes me think it's incomplete.

Also, people are taking your Musashi and Lightning leak as true over at IGN and other places, hahah.

Oh really? gosh XD

Do you have a link? I kinda want to see that :p

Thanks. Yugioh Spike looks better than expected.

But I still want to see him in motion.

Him and Sir Dan are probably gonna be my mains.

Retailers have said more than 20. I don't think Superbot ever said it. But I could be wrong.

Superbot has said it as well. though technically the leak does have 2 unlock spots, so who knows.

iLVTVghq4weL5.png
indbznQImih7w.png

not sure what happened here lol
iQKXasE8BZDEr.png

Something about the character icons seems off, they look drawn and completely different than what we have seen before. Which leads me to believe they aren't entirely legit or final.

Verendus

Banned
The leaked/rumored roster would finish off nicely with either Alundra or Tomba added.
I would welcome either of them with open arms.

Pretty much. But she kinda compliments the roster now.
I will certainly take her over Lightning, Dane, Evil Cole etc. At least she provides another female character.

Superbot is probably just keeping upto date with the franchise. Like with DmC.
True.

But let's be honest, Lightning isn't going to be helped by being included in this game. Nor is the game going to be helped by her inclusion. It's just pointless cross promotion in my opinion.

My only concern about Musashi is if he's in the roster whether they'll use the original design or the overhauled one.

Would be best of with the former 90's version.
New design would suck, I agree.

You cant blame Sony for that. Those franchises arent owned by them.

And isnt hard to imagine Activision - and this Konami aswell - demanding a generous charity donation to use those in the game.
I'd believe that, but they sorted out Nintendo. Raiden is easily the best pick out of the third party characters though.

Someone want to catch me up? I saw all the decoded stages from 2 or 3 pages ago...They look nice, but too bad none of them are truly big.

Looks like the third party characters are used to promote the newer games in a franchise rather than the classics that people associate with the playstation brand. Alternate costumes might change that, though.

Here's one: http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-playstation-all-stars-characters-and-stages-leaked#comments

The rest I've seen is all through the comments here, "Also guys Musashi and Lightning confirmed!" etc

You'd better be right about Lightning, or I'll break your kneecaps.

:) I kid. But you've got me kind of expecting more characters, including her...

At that link they're talking about game modes and I'm just wondering, did we find all those things mentioned there? Like Free Roam? Customize Characters? WHAT IS THAT STUFF

k_Reign

At that link they're talking about game modes and I'm just wondering, did we find all those things mentioned there? Like Free Roam? Customize Characters? WHAT IS THAT STUFF

That is just text found in some of the files. Some of them are hints used in loading screens, others are answers to Buzz! questions, some are random. We don't know what they are until they're revealed. :p

baekshi

Banned

yeah, where is all of that

fixed:
i18tJfxqJ0O9U.png

capture the flag sounds really fun... wonder how will it work

TheMink

Here's one: http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-playstation-all-stars-characters-and-stages-leaked#comments

The rest I've seen is all through the comments here, "Also guys Musashi and Lightning confirmed!" etc

You'd better be right about Lightning, or I'll break your kneecaps.

:) I kid. But you've got me kind of expecting more characters, including her...

Omg that is hilarious! Apparently every single news site just lurks Gaf to find some new info lol

At this point i would be extremely surprised if Lightning doesnt make it, it would be so weird for just one of all the characters told to me was untrue.
I would approach my source and say "no lightning?" and he would say "oh did i say lightning? i meant *insert character here*"

Anyway, im almost positive lol

Ryce

baekshi, could you upload as many as you can, including the old characters? I'd like to use those icons for a "project" of mine. I completely understand if you don't want to, though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'll say. Looks like she's been getting cosy with a certain hedgehog who shall not be named. As if gluttony wasn't bad enough; you can add bestiality to her list of bad traits too.

I'd feel worse for *The Hedgehog* in this case, haha.

Retcon. He and Fat Princess are siblings.

Yeah, lets go with this story! Haha.

Seems like they are going with this version going by the pattern on his sweatshirt.

Good eye. Hoping for traditional Spike as Alt too, in that case. (Man, his face even looks dopey in that SS...)

With all due respect to Superbot, they must be grinding their teeth to the ground combined with multiple facepalms with every page of this thread.

Must feel pretty shitty to have someone's hard work get spoiled prematurely like this.

But hey...

Top Bottom