• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(RUMOR) Marvel considering replacing Iron Fist with Punisher series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton668

MARVEL CONSIDERING REPLACING IRON FIST WITH PUNISHER SERIES

Marvel can’t quite seem to figure out how to put Iron Fist into the equation and time is running out. They’re very pleased with how Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle for Season 2 of Daredevil and know that the fans have a great appreciation for the character. They also know that a Punisher series would be much cheaper and more marketable. They have a contract with Netflix and have to do something. It appears that for this phase of shows, time is running thin for Iron Fist.

Punish me if old...

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Drayco21

Awful idea. Punisher should get a show, but later. Iron Fist is the most exciting of the four, and losing that would be awful.

styl3s

I absolutely don't blame them and if it came down to it i would rather have a Punisher series than a Iron Fist. Also, if the Moon Knight rumors are true i would also rather have Moon Knight over Iron Fist.

maxcriden

I absolutely don't blame them and if it came down to it i would rather have a Punisher series than a Iron Fist. Also, if the Moon Knight rumors are true i would also rather have Moon Knight over Iron Fist.

I worry that MK and Punisher would feel too similar to DD. MK is kinda halfway between the two. Probably too limited appeal as schizophrenic Batman, too. Regardless, Punisher has much wider name recognition than Iron Fist.

Word is that Jessica Jones already does all that and more, so I wouldn't worry about the content rating.

I think it's more of a hard PG-13 or very soft R, from what I've read.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really believe this rumor. But I would be okay with it if true. Although it would suck for the Iron Fist fans out there.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't like this. I'd much prefer an Iron Fist show to a Punisher show.

I think it's more of a hard PG-13 or very soft R, from what I've read.

Can't do Punisher and stick to that PG-16 bullshit they're pushing.

Not if they wanna adapt Ennis.

From what I understand, the only restrictions Marvel has placed is no nudity and no f-word. That's it. Besides, what property have they done in the MCU so far where you have outright thought "this isn't what it could be because they are holding it back"? I doubt they would do a Punisher series if they felt they'd have to neuter the character.

Fucking hope not. Iron Fist is pretty crucial to the lineup they've built here. Replacing him with The Punisher would be stupid for multiple reasons. He doesn't fit in with these other characters, he's not a team player and he is not a hero or "defender." He'd be boring as hell on this lineup.

He absolutely should play a role in the Defenders saga but let's save his solo series for Phase 2 once they've actually built the team.

Drayco21

Now that I think about it, I can't imagine they'd have cast Jeryn Hogarth in Jessica Jones if they were really thinking about letting go of Iron Fist. Between that and the heavy Iron Fist foreshadowing in Daredevil, I can't imagine sweeping it under the rug.

farisr

I would rather have an Iron Fist show over Punisher. Punisher has gotten lots of adaptations already. I'd rather they give something different a chance.

Of course, I'm all for a Punisher show in addition to the current lineup.

Why not introduce Iron Fist in the Defenders movie/series? And then do a series after the Defenders. That way everyone will be happy.

But i would rather have Iron Fist series befor a Punisher series. Or give us Moonknight.

From what I understand, the only restrictions Marvel has placed is no nudity and no f-word. That's it.

Again - you can't adapt Ennis if you're sticking to that PG-16 bullshit. There's just no way. And there's no real reason to do Punisher if you're not gonna do Ennis.

Not unless you wanna do Remender and fuck around with Frankencastle.

Drayco21

Again - you can't adapt Ennis if you're sticking to that PG-16 bullshit. There's just no way. And there's no real reason to do Punisher if you're not gonna do Ennis.

Not unless you wanna do Remender and fuck around with Frankencastle.

Something inspired by Rucka's Punisher would be pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom