• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Monster Hunter 3 coming to PSP

Kyoufu

Hero of Legend said:
And Sega has been VERY good to the Wii, with a lot of exclusives and some pretty good games period.

Hell, Sonic and the Black Knight seems to be getting very positive previews! I don't recall Unleashed getting nearly as much positive previews when it was first previewed!

What does this thread have to do with Sega?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EmCeeGramr said:
you do realize that the psp versions were modified specifically for portable play
Maybe mechanically, but I think we've seen that the entire game concept works well on the handheld because you can "meet up" with your friends and go hunting in person. I think it's the big reason why Capcom has not put online play into the handheld games and the big reason for its success.

Kyoufu said:
What does this thread have to do with Sega?

That's my fault I think. I mentioned Sega in the context of 'making bad self-destuctive business decisions' and I think people took it to me 'level of Wii support from a third party'.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Link said:
No, but its sales suffered greatly because everyone just waited for the version on the system they actually owned. Much like what's going to happen here.

It will still sell bazillions on Wii, solely by name and if the lines are TGS are to be believed.

Capcom is just making smart business sense here by maximising profits in two different markets. I cannot blame them.

Link said:
Wii's downward spiral continues. So much for that awesome third party support, eh guys?! Maybe now you can all stop using this as the single example of third parties giving a shit.

I wonder what % of wii owners have even heard of Monster Hunter?!? :lol

Cellbomber said:

I didn't know about it until around the time when it was announced. Of course, I never grasped the impact of what it meant, but the first thing that came to my mind was that it's not an exclusive when I saw the Capcom label attached to it.

I don't own a Wii either.

BTW, the title should be changed. Just remove the "rumor" part and change it to "confirmed".

sprocket

Banned
Cellbomber said:

um almost everyone of here has a wii. :/

you can own more than one console ya know.

ill buy MH3 on wii if it comes out over there.

Link said:
Wii's downward spiral continues. So much for that awesome third party support, eh guys?! Maybe now you can all stop using this as the single example of third parties giving a shit.

One trick pony right here. You say the same damn thing in every one of your posts.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wow, totally shitty blog reporting mixed with rumours of something everyone knows is going to happen! It's a twofer!

Maxconsole: a rough translation of a chinese site that may or may not be accurate says that mh3 is not necessarily wii exclusive...

Maxconsole: MH3 to PSP!!!! REPORT TO THE INTERNET!

I mean, there's not a doubt in the world that there'll be a Monster Hunter Portable 3 for the PSP. Whether it's a port of the Wii version or a separate game... who knows? who cares? Either way, awful awful reporting.

jett

D-Member
Can someone enlighten me as to why MH3 is such a big deal? Aren't these games painfully mediocre?

jett said:
Can someone enlighten me as to why MH3 is such a big deal? Aren't these games painfully mediocre?

Yup, but Japan seems to like them and sell millions there. It's a non-issue to anywhere else really. This game will most likely not make it out of Japan anyway.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lynux3 said:

Err, yes?

There's three separate things going on here:
- There is going to to be another Monster Hunter for PSP. No one in specific is claiming this, but everyone knows it will happen. This has been known since MHP2G (the expansion to Monster Hunter Portable 2) was released in Japan.
- Maxconsole says a Chinese site says that MH3 is not necessarily Wii exclusive. No one knows if that's what the Chinese site actually says or if they're credible.
- Maxconsole speculates based on this that MH3 Wii will be ported to PSP. No one other than Maxconsole has suggested this will happen and Maxconsole is purely speculating here.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lynux3 said:

Why the hell do you think it was announced for Wii and not for HD consoles, like Resident Evil or Devil May Cry?

It would be a lot easier to share assets between Wii and PSP than PS360 and PSP.

Kyoufu

jett said:

Yup. According to Gamespot the games are no better than a 5.0

what the hell dude, MH is the best thing since sliced bread

sprocket said:
um almost everyone of here has a wii. :/

you can own more than one console ya know.

ill buy MH3 on wii if it comes out over there.

That's not what I meant. I was more referring to the general public/casual gamers that don't visit message boards.

Troidal

I wish they did a "M" rated Monster Hunter, kind of like playing Berserk where chunks and slabs of meat fly off as you slash your bigass swords...would love to see that.

I've given up on a next-gen Monhan...the only redeeming factor would be 3 coming to PSP. And I have no doubt it will happen...a lot of gamers I know play Monhan 2/2G...its nutz.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Jokeropia said:
You're missing the point. Wii never took the Monster Hunter Portable series from the PSP, it took the Monster Hunter series from the PS3.

unless you have an imaginary copy of Monster Hunter HD on your imaginary PS3 , the series was never on PS3 , no game of it confirmed to be on it too , Wii took the system version from PS2 .

Defuser

You know whats the closest thing to a next gen monster hunter?

4g6lvp.gif

fk9ugl.gif

The animations for the monster right there sure look similar to a Tigrex/NarugaKuruga

Scrubking

Totobeni said:
unless you have an imaginary copy of Monster Hunter HD on your imaginary PS3 , the series was never on PS3 , no game of it confirmed to be on it too , Wii took the system version from PS2 .

"Due to high development cost of titles for PS3, we have decided to switch the platform to which we release our Monster Hunter 3 title," said Capcom's Katsuhiko Ichii in a report from Thompson Financial News (via Gamasutra).

Kyoufu

Defuser said:
You know whats the closest thing to a next gen monster hunter?

http://i36.tinypic.com/4g6lvp.gif[/IMG]

http://i36.tinypic.com/fk9ugl.gif[/IMG]

The animations for the monster right there sure look similar to a Tigrex/NarugaKuruga

Not surprised. They put Gunlances in DMC4.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Capcom just shot themselves in the foot bla bla bla.

Everyone knew this, I don't know why this is news. One of the reasons (apart from money hatting) the game is on the Wii is because of the easy port to PSP (yes I know the Wii is far more powerful than a PSP, and I have been accused before of trolling for saying this).

Capcom logic: Make one and a half game (for the effort of porting), sell it twice, receive money-hat money == profit.
Nintendo logic: "laughs".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Stumpokapow said:

Segata Sanshiro said:
That's just flat-out wrong. Monster Hunter 3 had been announced for the PS3 before its move to the Wii.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2007/10/10/afx4204151.html

Scrubking said:

uh , news to me then , sorry Jokeropia

so high development cost thingy , they will just use MT frameworks engine if they wanted HD Monster Hunter , look like they just wont high sales on low budget project like all the other Monster Hunter games .

Haunted

lynux3 said:
Thought you were specifically talking about MH3, not MHP3. My bad.
No no, everyone's talking about Monster Hunter Portable 3 (or Monster Hunter Freedom 3, whichever they decide to call it). Which most likely will be based on Monster Hunter tri.

Capcom did this for Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter 2, it would be ludicrous to think they'd stop now.

Link said:

What? :/

Regulus Tera said:
It will still sell bazillions on Wii, solely by name and if the lines are TGS are to be believed.

Capcom is just making smart business sense here by maximising profits in two different markets. I cannot blame them.

I agree. This isn't "Hey we don't have faith in the Wii let's do a quick port" this is "hey let's advertise this game as a Wii Exclusive then do a surprise PSP port to gain even more units". Seriously this is being done on every system I'm not surprised that it's being done on the Wii because unlike a game like say Zack and Wiki this will be an easy port. I mean this is expected since they did THE EXACT same thing with the PS2 games.

EDIT - Downward spiral of Wii third party support? WTF?

sprocket

Banned
Jonnyram said:
That would mean the PSP version selling 14.5 gazillion units though. I can't see that happening.

do any of you realize how huge MH isin japan. the ps2 games sold a hell of a lot.

markatisu

Defuser said:
But pales in comparison to the PSP version.

Which is what makes the fact some people are surprised in this thread shocking, do you guys realize how much the last installment sold on PSP?

Whoever thinks that the PSP was not getting a MH3 game (Wii port or whatever) is either retarded or very misinformed, Capcom loves ports and they love money.

Also I fail to see how the PSP getting a port of a Wii game would be a sign that 3rd party support left the Wii, or that the Wii suffers because of it

For almost 2 years now the Wii has had to suffer with games being built on the PS2 and PSP and ported to it, now things are changing and because you can port down its somehow a failure on the Wii :lol

I suppose every game that was designed for the PS2 and then ported or retrofitted in someway to the PSP meant the PS2 was a flop

Top Bottom