• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NGP 1st party launch lineup revealed and launching this year before Japan

Mrbob

shintoki said:
Pretty pathetic line up if true. Understandable since it is launch, but a bit worrying since its familiar to the PSP current situation.

Aren't you in the industry? How can you fail at reading comprehension over the first post and then make a statement like this? Amazing.

Edit: Looking at your profile maybe you aren't but still read the first post before making a comment.

yurinka

tzare said:
how games like MGS PW, Killzone, both GOW games or even Resistance, games tailored to the PSP can be considered watered down games and think the contrary when talking about Zelda DS for example.
ANd Ridge racer or Wipeout for PSP can be compared to what MK DS was for example. They were released when no WO or RR for home consoles were in sight.

BEsides, some forget PSP was a miniPS2 so that is what was expected. Then several wrong decisions like single analog or lack of touch harmed PSP, of course. Those things are adressed for NGP
In addition to this, I would add that in my opinion PSP has my favorite (maybe outside my fanboyism they are the best) Ridge Racer and Wipeout in the series when were released. Something I never found in the home console DS games.

In addition to the quality of these games, Ridge Racer PSP games featured almost all the content previously in the series, and with PSP debuted flawless on-line multiplayer, creative new game modes, awesome soundtracks, customizable textures for the ships (you add your own image) and (even free) DLC for first time in Wipeout series.

These aren't watered down ports.

In the case of Wipeout, now Wipeout HD may be the best one.

KAL2006

Banned
yurinka said:
In addition to this, I would add that in my opinion PSP had both the best Ridge Racer and the best Wipeout in the series when were released.

In addition to the quality of these games, Ridge Racer PSP games featured almost all the content previously in the series, and with PSP debuted flawless on-line multiplayer, customizable textures for the ships (you add your own image) and (even free) DLC for first time in Wipeout series.

These aren't watered down ports.

In the case of Wipeout, now Wipeout HD may be the best one.

Don't forget best Twisted Metal game too, I thought Head On was the best of 2 and Black combined, plus it even had online multiplayer. Many folks thought the Syphon Filter games on PSP were better than the old Syphon Filter games that came out previously as well.
And again many people thought
Ghost of Sparta > GoW3
Killzone Libaration > Killzone console games
Resistance Retribution > Resistance 2

Anyway I really hope Modnation Racers is a fleshed out game and improved from the PS3 version, the game has potential to be a big game for NGP.

EDIT: I don' know if it was better than the old console version but Burnout Legends was one of my favorite near launch games for PSP along with Twisted Metal and Lumines. Something about playing a Burnout game on a handheld that looked and felt nearly like console version, I remember being blown away by Burnout Legends graphics and the gameplay was so addicting.

le.phat

New wipeOut yaaaay time to start saving!

New wipeOut uuugh, already broke and every single console/handheld i bought bored the shit out of me after 2 weeks..

yurinka

BTW if I was already wet with the idea of a new Wipeout coming soon, now having the possibility to get two I'm oficially overhyped.

KAL2006 said:
Don't forget best Twisted Metal game too, I thought Head On was the best of 2 and Black combined, plus it even had online multiplayer. Many folks thought the Syphon Filter games on PSP were better than the old Syphon Filter games that came out previously as well.
Ghost of Sparta > GoW3

Anyway I really hope Modnation Racers is a fleshed out game and improved from the PS3 version, the game has potential to be a big game for NGP.
I think here Modnation Racers can be included in the "watered down" ports list. Even it's a good game, PSP version is a direct port with some removed features when compared to the PS3 version, and doesn't reach the superb quality of some PSP games of the same genre.

KAL2006 said:
Ghost of Sparta > GoW3

EDIT: I don' know if it was better than the old console version but Burnout Legends was one of my favorite near launch games for PSP along with Twisted Metal and Lumines. Something about playing a Burnout game on a handheld that looked and felt nearly like console version, I remember being blown away by Burnout Legends graphics and the gameplay was so addicting.

I got all gold on Burnout Legends. It was awesome. I'm also the only one int he world that loves Mercury 1 and 2.

darkwing said:
Uncharted NGP better have MP, id play it more than the console version lol

this

totally forgot about MP, Uncharted 2 MP was godly , so much fun but at the same time, so much anger haha, i hope Uncharted NGP has 16 player wi-fi/3G multiplayer B^)

beast786

man_boob_lick.gif

Me NGP and uncharted = Happy

paskowitz

I really do not need much as long as what is there is really good. Most people will probably only be able to afford an NGP and one game anyway.

Takao

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
I don't know why people are expecting MP from NGP Uncharted.

If you want MP, you'll probably need to buy Uncharted 3.

Every Bend Studio game on PSP has featured online multiplayer. Heck, one of their games was only an online multiplayer game.

Takao

Banned
°°ToMmY°° said:
mobile-review, a pretty well known source of information regarding smartphones and mobile technology, says NGP will be 250 for the wi-fi only and 350 for the 3g equipped one.

http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2011/birulki-114-en.shtml#3

i don't know how much thruth there is to it, but the guy running this site isn't known for making shit up. he has his vision on many things, but doesn't make up datas just to prove his points.

Day 1 for WiFi if true, lol.

I'm expecting $279-$299 for WiFi honestly.

madara

Purchase at launch will depend on game styles and genres outside the typical box. If it just CG & polygons and typical ps3 offerings will pass. Falcom maybe the only hope.

French said:
Isn't 100$ a big difference ?

I was expecting 299$ for Wi-Fi and 349$ for 3G.

it will probably be that wi-fi only version won't have internal memory (you'll have to buy it separately) while the 3g one will have 16 or 32 gigs of built in memory.

i thought before that sony would launch 3 skus, one with no memory, one with memory and a third one with memory and 3g, but i think they'll go the 2 skus route.

hopefully the memory cards won't be priced like gold, i expect a mark-up from normal memory cards with same specs, but i'm still hopeful we won't be raped like with hard discs on x360.

tzare

pharmboy044 said:
I don't know why people are expecting MP from NGP Uncharted.

If you want MP, you'll probably need to buy Uncharted 3.

because expands its lifetime, and if it succeeds, DLC will exist and that is interesting for sony financially.

And ii hope it can be played both ad-hoc and online hopefully, and the first one is something that is usually lacking in home console versions, split screen is not the most common option these days.

In fact, NGP will , probably, the first fully online portable, even if it doesn't have crossgame chat, just having the same online features PS3 has, it adds a whole other layer of fun. BT headset, NGP, online fun. Even in the WC

DieH@rd

Banned
°°ToMmY°° said:
hopefully the memory cards won't be priced like gold, i expect a mark-up from normal memory cards with same specs, but i'm still hopeful we won't be raped like with hard discs on x360.

Current memory stick duo prices:
8gb ~20$
16gb ~45$
32gb ~ 89$.

yencid

°°ToMmY°° said:
mobile-review, a pretty well known source of information regarding smartphones and mobile technology, says NGP will be 250 for the wi-fi only and 350 for the 3g equipped one.

i don't know how much truth there is to it, but the guy running this site isn't known for making shit up. he has his vision on many things, but doesn't make up datas just to prove his points.
if this is so i would actually shell out for the 3G one.

$100 difference is massive, but I would get the 2G version since 3G seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. I like how we keep hearing end of the year! Does HSG technically have to go to JPN first though, that would have been a great launch title.

KAL2006

Banned
Like I have said in other threads I think every SKU will come with at least 16GB memory, if Sony are serious about their PSN store like iOS then they have to have memory on all SKUs, remember every game will be release digitally on the same day as retail, then lets not forget they will sell videos, PSN games, PSP/PS1 classics and PS Suite games/apps, DLC on the PSN store. A 16GB can be easily filled up with only 4 NGP games, in which case you either have to empty the fridge or buy a memory card.

theBishop

Banned
tzare said:
because expands its lifetime, and if it succeeds, DLC will exist and that is interesting for sony financially.

And ii hope it can be played both ad-hoc and online hopefully, and the first one is something that is usually lacking in home console versions, split screen is not the most common option these days.

In fact, NGP will , probably, the first fully online portable, even if it doesn't have crossgame chat, just having the same online features PS3 has, it adds a whole other layer of fun. BT headset, NGP, online fun. Even in the WC

Also because every sony bend psp game has had online modes.

KAL2006

Banned
I'm already hyped for Uncharted 3 multiplayer, if Uncharted NGP had multiplayer all I would be doing is playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer in the living room, then playing Uncharted NGP multiplayer in the bedroom. I was one of the few who really enjoyed Uncharted 2 multiplayer, it was my fav online shooter this gen.

Takao

Banned
tzare said:
yeah. How was their games online performance? did they have online voice chat?

Resistance Retribution was actually a tonne of fun online. I experienced no lag, or random connection dropouts, and yes it support voice chat. It even had its own chat lobby and stuff.

tzare

Takao said:
Resistance Retribution was actually a tonne of fun online. I experienced no lag, or random connection dropouts, and yes it support voice chat. It even had its own chat lobby and stuff.

great news. i'd love to see U2 and some U3 maps for Uncharted portable to do what KAL2006, playing U3 in the living and the 'seamless' switch to bed online gaming. My wife will kill me XDDD

KAL2006

Banned
tzare said:
great news. i'd love to see U2 and some U3 maps for Uncharted portable to do what KAL2006, playing U3 in the living and the 'seamless' switch to bed online gaming. My wife will kill me XDDD

It would have been cool if Uncharted 3 multiplayer was the same as Uncharted NGP multiplayer and it was cross compatible (same stats, same rankings, same perks, play against PS3 and NGP players and etc). However I doubt this will happen because it seems the multiplayer in Uncharted 3 is going to be graphically demanding (they said they are going to have cinematic events similar to campaign in multiplayer) and I doubt NGP could handle the graphics, even if they do try to downgrade. I think cross compatible multiplayer between NGP and PS3 would only work for less graphically demanding games like Tekken, Street Fighter, COD, Twisted Metal and etc.

$250 was always the most likely price for anyone with a head on his shoulders.

Hopefully it doesn't take long to go under $200.

FoneBone

lunchwithyuzo said:
I tried to get at it earlier, but there most definitely is a double standard. But it's also not exactly without merit and if you boil things down and look at overall library, focus and commitment of resources, it's pretty clear that Nintendo places a comparable priority on handheld and console software, and has for a long time now. I don't feel you can really make the same claim with Sony, they very much treat their handheld approach as a secondary arm to their console efforts in resources or design or promotion or what have you. That doesn't mean their handheld games are 'bad' by any stretch, or that they don't actually put enough resources/commitment behind them, or that this is even the case universally in every project (as with anything, there are always exceptions) but it still drives the perception of them as secondary. That's in large part why Nintendo handheld games might be given a 'pass' by gamers and why Sony's are so often met with a degree of skepticism or apathy. Sony's approach literally reinforces the perception of 'lesser'.
this this this.

ace3skoot

I have no interest in Uncharted or Killzone on my NGP id rather have the single play campaign on my massive T.V and PS3 and I just can't see myself ever voting for a small screen in Multi-player as an option...well that's a lie... though I would still but them cause I'm a sucker for those games but I wouldn't be happy about it. :(

I'm really hoping for new IP's to make use of all the control options I think that is NGP's greatest strength not actually its hardware power.

Cannot wait for the Sony PS3 conference to see what this thing is really capable of.

Takao

Banned
SSJ1Goku said:
$250 is $50 too much

Until this March Sony charged $200 for the PSP. NGP is considerably more advanced so a $200 price point at launch is a razor blade attitude. Give it a year or two, and it'll hit $200.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Guys I'm not trying to be a smartass. Sony is in the price range to completely kill the 3DS from jump; they need to take it. Fuck "value!" I've said it from jump street $200 or bust!

Takao

Banned
SSJ1Goku said:
Guys I'm not trying to be a smartass. Sony is in the price range to completely kill the 3DS from jump; they need to take it. Fuck "value!" I've said it from jump street $200 or bust!

They're not going to have the potential to outsell the 3DS is any market outside of Japan. That doesn't mean they can't be an extremely healthy second place, which means there is no reason to bleed money. They'll likely be bleeding money, or on the verge at $250, any more is suicide (though what was the PS3?).

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Takao said:
They're not going to have the potential to outsell the 3DS is any market outside of Japan. That doesn't mean they can't be an extremely healthy second place, which means there is no reason to bleed money. They'll likely be bleeding money, or on the verge at $250, any more is suicide (though what was the PS3?).
What are you basing this on? If they price the damn thing right I honestly believe they have a chance to take 1st place, which is why I said what I said.

°°ToMmY°° said:

i don't know how much truth there is to it, but the guy running this site isn't known for making shit up. he has his vision on many things, but doesn't make up datas just to prove his points.

Has this site broken any news on a dedicated gaming handheld before? If I had to guess, I'd say that he just took the prices from that Ubisoft survey a few months back as fact, especially since he just offhandedly mentions the supposed pricing as though it's already public knowledge, rather than hyping it up as an exclusive scoop.

$250 isn't completely outside the realm of possibility, but I'll believe it when Sony announces it (or when a more credible source than a no-name mobile site reports it, whichever comes first).

evangd007

Kuran said:
For what basically amounts to a handheld PlayStation 3? Really?

It will be a handheld PS3 as much as the PSP was a handheld PS2. In other words, not so much.

I don't see NGP Twisted Metal on that list. Not interested.

Top Bottom