• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Prey 2 cancelled, official statement due next week [Up: ZeniMax: No comment.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've seen that last shot before, and maybe the second last, but not the first two.

Fjordson

Well, my store just reinstated my pre-order and put the game back on its website. Strange.

I also don't recall seeing some of these screenshots before. Or well, I definitely haven't seen that first-person shot before.

eawiq.jpg

bTIvd.jpg

Ko5IR.jpg

nNAF9.jpg
Haven't seen these. Oh man...looks so cool.

Special J

Banned
i'm not surprised, okay maybe i was, but the game seems way too large in scale when they showed it off at E3.

i was hyped as shit for the game but had reservations that the game they wanted to make would cost a shit ton. i think the performance of syndicate(ea) and cyberpunk in general turned off zenimax.

Lakitu

st5fu
Every day Zenimax doesn't release a statement, I will post horrible derogatory comments about their company.

Day 1

Zenimax stinks

DTKT

i'm not surprised, okay maybe i was, but the game seems way too large in scale when they showed it off at E3.

i was hyped as shit for the game but had reservations that the game they wanted to make would cost a shit ton. i think the performance of syndicate(ea) and cyberpunk in general turned off zenimax.

Syndicate had nothing going for it. Small marketing push, middling reviews and the fact that it was just another FPS didn't help it.

Prey 2 had serious potential.

Fjordson

I think Prey 2's open world nature could/could have really helped it do way better than something like the new Syndicate. Quality open world games seem to do big numbers these days, as Zenimax well knows at this point.

Of course, that's assuming they'd be able to deliver on the Blade Runner-esque city that seems so impressive in that E3 demo and in screenshots. Almost seemed too good to be true when they first let out information about it, but I hope I'm wrong.

NBtoaster

I do wonder how much effort it must have taken to make idtech 4 into an open world engine. Along with what looks like a very good lighting system.

derFeef

They noticed the backlash and the game is still on track.
Please :(

Also weird nothing slipped out of Human Head - but they hate to communicate anyway (last tweets are from June)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Has there been any actual confirmation of this? I don't understand why there is 17 pages in this thread if it's not even confirmed...

*goes back to ignoring this thread until actual news about Prey 2 comes out*

If it was false Bethesda would have said so. No company who wants to sell you something would ever let people believe it was cancelled. Their "No comment" is a definitive "yes".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
:D So many rumours! I wish someone would just make an official statement

Well most of the cancelled games don't have that luxury anyway,publishers usually just kill them and pretend the fans don't exist and let them to suffer for years,I guess Zenimax decided to do that.

No solid rumors but it sounds like the game is being re-evaluated. It probably won't be cancelled but someone else (maybe Id?) will finish it or they may give Human Head the money needed to finish it. They don't know yet.

wat, it's alive...?

I got a text from my game store a few weeks ago telling me they wouldn't be able to deliver the game and they were cancelling my pre-order. It disappeared from their website completely during that period.

This weekend I check my pre-order page, and lo and behold, the game was back. No release date or extra info, but my pre-order had been reinstated.

Well, the game has never left my gamefly queue, but it's not like gamefly is near Amazon on the trust scale. Still, I've regularly noticed date updates on gamefly before someone makes a thread here about getting pre-order emails. I've ended up checking it daily since this thread popped up.

injurai

Banned
Some people at the Bethesda forums apparently called Gamestop and learned that the game was not cancelled but pushed back to 2013. Not exactly a credible source, but I guess it's possible.

Still though, very weird.

I really hope this is the case. It would make a lot of sense too. Release Dishonoured for 2012, and Prey 2 for 2013. Both of these projects are amongst the most ambitious games being developed as of now, and it would be silly to release them near each other. Especially seeing that they could still easily go unnoticced against Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3. I kind of expected it to get pushed back, so I would not be surprised if this is true. Hoping its true...

The link leads to a deleted topic, but here's a link about that link
http://phasmatishaunt.com/?p=251

Huh, as gamers we're used to seeing retailers give BS release dates like January 1st, 2013 just as a placeholder, but that's actually a Tuesday so just maybe.

Multiplayer likely to get shoved in now, can't expect it to be very good. Hopefully a co-op instead of a competitive if they're going to put any focus on one.

Portugeezer

The link leads to a deleted topic, but here's a link about that link
http://phasmatishaunt.com/?p=251

Huh, as gamers we're used to seeing retailers give BS release dates like January 1st, 2013 just as a placeholder, but that's actually a Tuesday so just maybe.

Multiplayer likely to get shoved in now, can't expect it to be very good. Hopefully a co-op instead of a competitive if they're going to put any focus on one.

Hardly a confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom