• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm actually kinda sad this was leaked, revealing this at E3 would have been a metric megaton.

Look at it this way:

- Things will still be revealed at E3 that won't have leaked. We'll still get our megatons.

- One less megaton reveal = GAF stays up for approximately 23.7 seconds longer during the press conference
+/- 23s

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bmj8e6h.png

7 years have not been kind to him

3XaYO28.jpg

You stole my joke.

Dio

Banned
I bet this wont be anything like the Souls games.

Why would it be? If dude wanted to make another souls game, Dark Souls 3 is waiting. Why make another just to call it Demon's Souls 2 or Project Beast?

You know that Armored Core 4 was Project Force during development, right?

Ferr986

Nah Sony owns the Demon Souls IP. Like I said earlier most likely scenario is Sony trying to build a unique identity for this game, separated from the souls games. Which imo is smart.

I agree, Im glad its not Dark Souls 3/ Demons Souls 2.

I like the new art style too, cant wait to see the full trailer! (if this is legit)

Demon Helsing .....no wait Dark Helsing ...ahh who cares what the name is. The art direction is great! Wonder how the gunplay will blend with the close quarter combat?

Mifune

Mehmber
I don't think it's Demon's Souls 2. It's a spiritual successor like Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls. And that's even more awesome in my opinion.

seems like a lot of enemies on screen at once. I wonder if its more of an action/horror game.
could be a more dynamic take on the idea, since in the original it was basically 1-1 combat most of the time.

but like I said if it resembles or gives me DeS feels I'm robocopping a ps4

I don't think it's Demon's Souls 2. It's a spiritual successor like Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls. And that's even more awesome in my opinion.
yeah I'm perfectly fine with this, too.

I know a FROM PS4 exclusive was always a lock but this still feels like such a harsh leak, lol. The team must be a little gutted (if real).

Exciting though. I love the art-style.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ohh, even I'm tingling about this one. It's rare these days something completely surprises me. No idea, hope it's real.

Not super hot on guns, but I am super hot on that artstyle.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm sure it will be a great game, but man it looks like it takes PS freaking 4 for From to achieve the level of visual quality that about matches RE4 on Gamecube.

Assuming this is true, frankly, this is up there among Sony's worst kept secrets.

The Yoshida subtle teases, Demonite practically saying it exist, other insiders chiming in on its existence, etcetc.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
You know that Armored Core 4 was Project Force during development, right?

I dont think you understand what I'm saying. The title is irrelevant. They can call this game Super Grim Panty Shot. I'm just dubious that it will be anything like the Souls series because, well frankly that already exists and he has the ability to work on that franchise.

It would be like Nintendo going out of their way to make a game that looks and plays exactly like Zelda only to call it something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom