• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainr_

Will be interesting to see if Yoshida responds to this

ibo3txxD2cSqrw.png

For those that don't know, Jim is a former Game Informer editor that teases Yoshida every other month about when the next Demon's Souls is coming. Yoshida usually responds to him too.

I have a feeling Shu must be disappointed.

Anim

Tenchu Z is also 360 exclusive.

Yeah, it is. But it wasn't actually developed by From Software, they just published it in Japan. Actually now that I looked it up, it turns out it was published by Microsoft everywhere else. So it's a bit different than Ninja Blade (developed and published by From). Anyway, that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. This new game has basically no chance of ever coming to PC, which for me personally is a shame, but oh well. I'll just have to buy a PS4 when it comes out. :)

Timeaisis

Ya'll are getting your hopes up for PC. The screens are pretty clearly screencapped from a PC running the trailer.

Besides, SCE Japan is Sony.

HeelPower

I say "winning E3" is having the best content. It's odd to go to a majority rules argument when the Souls series is still pretty niche. It's not clear if Beast Souls on PS4 would even outsell Zelda on Wii U.

If being "cool" at E3 is not giving a shit about a brand new Zelda reveal, then I guess I'm officially "not cool" anymore.

Dark Souls 2 outsold super mario 3D world though.

Souls is big.

Freeman

Banned

ibo3txxD2cSqrw.png

For those that don't know, Jim is a former Game Informer editor that teases Yoshida every other month about when the next Demon's Souls is coming. Yoshida usually responds to him too.
Lets see how he dodges that.

Endo Punk

If Sony truly are involved then I may finally forgive Shu for dropping DeS support in the West. Thank gawd for third party publishers or I woudn't have gotten to play my favorite game of last gen. A trailer for this game at E3 and I will be over the moon.

Trevelyon

ibo3txxD2cSqrw.png

Hasn't Yoshida been all coy with DeS2/FROM NEXT hints in the past?! Just wanna say congrats to #yosp, I know not publishing Demon's Souls in the west/not building the franchise with FROM was a huge personal regret for him.

Glad you and Miyazaki and FROM/Studio Japan could colab together once more.

Kyoufu

So can we now drop the pretense that DEEP DOWN looks even remotely good and interesting?

I think it looks interesting. Capcom have made some of my favourite games so I'm going to play the beta first before writing it off.

I think people are allowed to be excited for both games :p

Head.spawn

Can anyone fill me in, how did this get to 55 pages? Is there something special to this game? I'm on my cell at work and can't really sift through at the moment.

Just so people are crystal clear on this, using the lockdown on port begging as cover for whining about fans of the Souls games on non-Sony platforms is also not acceptable and will also get you banned. Everybody behave yourselves and talk about the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Please have this warning about pc port begging, and the subsequent pc vs console rants that will accompany it in every Project Beast thread, it's inevitable 1 platform only, non PS4 people will reshape the discussions in these threads.

It shall be done.

Some Nobody

So can we now drop the pretense that DEEP DOWN looks even remotely good and interesting?

....Have you seen some of the spell effects in that game? Just those alone should have every fantasy RPG developer on both sides of the Pacific taking note on how spellcasting should look in any AAA RPG from now on.

iceatcs

I dont see the shotgun honestly, it looks like some samurai sword to me.

The pics remind me of Onimusha 1 + RE4 for some reason.

2NhiI9V.jpg

Samurai deffo on the right hand as shown in other pic. But what is it on the left hand? Extreme "Extra-thick" cane or a shotgun act cane.

LuuKyK

lolz. I was not aware my opinions were so controversial. :p

I realize the Souls series scratches an itch for certain gamers, but everything it does I don't usually want in a video game.

So, this is a good thing then.

Please be aware that my memory is certainly something that I am not so proud of, so maybe I am confusing you with someone else called Sage something? I am sure its a possibilty. :p

Regginator3

Neo Member
If this and The Last Guardian really do show at Sony's E3, it'll be the best E3 since 2009.

I haven't been as hyped for an official announcement of a game as much as I am for Project Beast.

After keeping its shit so airtight this long, I'm 100% certain that it's a deliberate leak.

As big as Souls is among us hardcore, it's not likely to whip up a firestorm of hype among the general population. So a "leak" like this gets the hardcore buzzing and hyped for E3. More importantly, however, it gives this new game the type of attention it wouldn't get when revealed alongside a raft of other, higher-profile megatons.

The screencaps provide a few tantalizing details that make us want to see more, and we'll have to tune in next month at E3 to see it in glorious, living motion.

Sony knows exactly what they're doing. And I doubt Microsoft will be far behind with some well-timed "leaks" either.

I wonder to what extend gunplay is going to be part of the game. Just a replacement for bows and such or will guns be primary weapons. Maybe some form of fast style shooting.

Somehow I have to think of Equilibrium when picturing this

3476789-1365037230704.gif

Darknight

For those FROM noob fans (who joined in with Demon's), this isnt the first time FROM has had weapons like guns in their RPG worlds similar to Demon's Souls etc.

Shadow Tower Abyss for the PS2 had guns in it. So I wouldnt be shocked to see a shotgun in their reveal video.

Anyways motha fuckin' YYYYYIIIISSSSSS! for the confirmation on this being a thing. Now I know its not official but this is DeS spiritual successor. lol.

HeelPower

Dark Souls 2 is on 3 platforms, and Beast Souls is looking like it'll be on 1. inFamous was pretty hyped and I'm not sure it outsold 3D World.

Anyway, enough derailing about it.

I agree with you nonetheless.

Zelda U is obviously huge and would be very exciting to see.

I'm sure that they're happy with the response, but they'd obviously prefer for that response to have come from whenever they decided to reveal it publicly. They did such a good job of keeping things locked up last year on the lead up to E3, and if this was planned then that's likely a big game that's already been spoiled from their presentation this year.

ecosse_011172

I'm very excited by this but it's such a shame that Sony always ends up with pre E3 leaks.
This would've been an amazing E3 surprise reveal :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom