• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Project Beast (From Software/Sony Japan Studio, PS4) [Port begging = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing suggesting that is that there wasn't a single screen of a boss. If it was deliberate wouldn't the quality be higher?
That's my point. If some rogue inside had access to the trailer, they'd leak it, and that would be damaging. As it is, all we can surmise is that a Souls-esque collaboration between From/SCEJ is coming to PS4, with a few surprising aspects like shotguns.

The anticipation that will build the next month to see the first footage (lawd, all the far-flung connections to earlier Souls games eagle-eyed fans are making already!) will do much more for the game than a reveal surprise quickly overshadowed by the likes of Uncharted 4 and TLG.

Basically, what TPP's reveal wanted to be before Kojima squandered all that good will with a $30 demo :p

Not this nonsense again. Yes, I'm sure Sony is really happy that this is getting shown off via randomly-chosen, out-of-focus shots instead of a big impressive reveal trailer at an event with major media coverage.
If you say so.

There's something to be said for releasing poor quality images to lower expectations of the visuals, so the real game would impression more. Still, I can't imagine Sony leaked it. This would have been a mighty curb-stomp to end their conference.

eh? These screens are a few months old according to verendus.

Sony Japan is also helping Capcom port Panta Rhei engine to PS4 and we all know how impressive Deep Down looks on PS4. Chances of this game having good graphics by the time it release are pretty solid imo

Darknight

Main guy looks straight out of Soul Sacrifice from the back. Has some goofy pirate hack and his cape is all torn up.

Maybe FROM is making a Soul Sacrifice PS4 version with Sony's blessing thus the collabo? lol

Nibel

I know its still early development but i'm kind of worried about the lighting when I see this pic:

kYntMAz.jpg

The shadows are all wrong, its like the torches dont emit lights if you look at the guy's shadow...

They are holding the torches above their head which is why they throw shadows at the ground

The other, more visible shadows are from a different light source: the lantern

And maybe these aren't even real torches but burning sticks like the ones that some enemies in all Souls game carry to set you on fire; they don't throw much light

RangerBAD

That's my point. If some rogue inside had access to the trailer, they'd leak it, and that would be damaging. As it is, all we can surmise is that a Souls-esque collaboration between From/SCEJ is coming to PS4, with a few surprising aspects like shotguns.

The anticipation that will build the next month to see the first footage (lawd, all the far-flung connections to earlier Souls games eagle-eyed fans are making already!) will do much more for the game than a reveal surprise quickly overshadowed by the likes of Uncharted 4 and TLG.

Basically, what TPP's reveal wanted to be before Kojima squandered all that good will with a $30 demo :p

This will absolutely work in Sony's favor.

zeopower6

Didn't Shu himself kinda hint at this when asked about a Demon's Souls successor? It was more of a 'no comment' dodge, but still...

I asked Yoshida if Demon's Souls is a franchise that could join series like Killzone, Gran Turismo and Uncharted as a multi-PlayStation platform — and if Sony would consider developing a sequel without From Software as the primary developer.

"That's a great question, but because of the attention that will get, I choose not to answer," Yoshida said. "But personally, I love Demon's Souls. I spent hours and hours and hours [playing it]."

"I love the team, I love the game and yeah, I'd really like to see more. But that's all that I will say."

Shinta

Banned
Werewolf class??...

ohmygod.

Werewolf worries me a bit. They're usually known for extreme speed and agility. The Souls series is known for careful and meticulous, slow advancement through levels.

It sounds cool at first, but when I actually think about it, I don't know how it would really play well.

Faustek

Guys it might still be a fake, you know :/

Believing is beautiful.

Also

Well it certainly looks like a real video game.

I'm also heard this name uttered multiple times for the project so it seems plausible.

Edit:

Okay so since a lot of people seem to be questioning if this is real, let's do a quick analysis:

Do the screenshots look like something that someone could have easily photoshopped? Are there screenshots of a game, or only a logo? Are there multiple of them? Do they show any signs of being from a different game? Is the scope of the screenshots within the realm of something a hoaxer could make in a short period of time? Do they resemble other games from the purported developer? Has there been any supporting evidence anywhere else?

I would propose these look like an actual video game that has both From's art direction and technology. We know Yoshida hinted at something along these lines at one point as well, as we know that From Software has both senior and non-senior staff that worked on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 that was unaccounted for in Dark Souls 2.

Now, obviously the logo for the studio and the game could have been faked much easier, but in context there's not too much reason to disbelieve them.

MilkBeard

Next Resident Evil looks very different than this, I'm sure.

This leak is essentially real. From faint memory, this looks like captures from something a couple months ago, and the working title is correct also. Why on a Saturday I'm confused.

Just quoting this for a newer page, so people can see that Verendus basically confirms this is real.

nakedeyes

Banned
Obviously fake, I mean Famitsu already investigated and debunked this!

uh.. are you talking about this:?

5. Sony Computer Entertainment and From Software are developing a new game together.

Famitsu noticed that this rumor has been circulating outside Japan about a potential follow-up to Demon’s Souls. When they inquired about the matter to Sony, they received a plain “We have nothing to announce at this time.” This leads Famitsu to believe that it’s pretty implausible, contending that while they’d be happy to see the two making a game like that, “if there’s no smoke, there probably isn’t a fire.”

Famitsu’s Plausibility: 10%

Cause that is hardly a concrete debunking.. Plus, the OP isn't saying this is a direct follow up to demon's souls, like the Famitsu article inquired about. This could be something totally unrelated ( but being from FROM, probably pretty bad ass ).

LuuKyK

Apparently Sony has a thing for werewolves then, considering they will also (or so it seems) play a big role in The Order.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Cause that is hardly a concrete debunking.. Plus, the OP isn't saying this is a direct follow up to demon's souls, like the Famitsu article inquired about. This could be something totally unrelated ( but being from FROM, probably pretty bad ass ).

He was joking.

He was mocking that, I believe.

the game could use some tight motion blur and other post processing effects. a hint of chromatic aberration there, a dash of depth of field there. it will bring the visuals to life!

they should implement a high quality motion blur like the one in planetside 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom