• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 1 Remake coming in 2026

SpiceRacz

JUST DON’T SHRINK THAT TURD CUTTER

e5ZBDV7.jpeg

b4TgOue.jpeg

Last edited:
I say go for it, the 2002 remake is one of my favorite games of all time, but it doesn't quite jibe with the RE engine games in style, having every "canon" story in the same shared engine and thus same style makes sense, they just need to be sure to include Code Veronica at some point too.

Last edited:
Not at all true. There are plenty of people (myself included) who weren’t into the camera perspective. It’s the only game in the series that hasn’t been fully modernized. Now I’ll get to play them all in the same style.

Yup, I'll never play RE1 as-is. Needs the RE2R treatment, and then maybe I'll bite.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I mean, I'm not saying that Capcom read what I've said in one my threads here but....

opera-artist-singing-hallelujah-0fxlx99l2borlbp5.webp

As I was saying back then, they should remake the first one and bring it to a modern standard before RE5R and it's a must for the future of the series going forward cuz:

1) It'll finally let them properly develop Chris as a character, make him more likeable, less dumb, stupid and forgetable (like he was in all of the RE games before)
2) Give Chris fully developed and well written character arc and justify it's existance as potential main lead in 5 and they can't do that properly cuz Chris wasn't a part of any modern remake and he basically doesn't exist yet in modern canon
3) It'll not only make 5 and 6 way better games if they'll remake 1 right, but it'll also give them an opportunity to make way better Revelations remake, about which I also made a thread here describing how it could be done as an RE5R in concept, instead of a dumb shit original RE5 was.

Anyway, can't fuckin' wait!

Last edited:
This is odd, the last rumor was this:

Team 1: RE 9
Team 2: RE 5 or RE CV (rumor)
Team 3: Helping Team 2 with one or the other or both

Instead, the new claim is this...

Team 2: RE 1?
Team 3: ???

I don't mind an RE 1 remake possibility. They teased Wesker at the end of RE 4 Remake, and for newer audiences they would need context as to who this guy is. Remaking the Wesker saga in order (1, CV, and 5) would be a good call here.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Waste of time, effort and resources and won't be better than the first remake.
Suuuuure, watch this shit outsell the original.
The Remaster is basically perfect as is. Not sure it needs the REmake treatment.
Nah it needs it 100%. As someone that owns the original and the first remake, I'm completely fine with a remake, as they can put it over the shoulder, HDR, 4K, in the RE engine etc.

Day 1.
it was already remade, stupid idea but idiots will praise it.
I know right, by law you can only remake it something ONE TIME!!! It would only be like, 24 years since the release, like WTF!!! TOOOOO SOOON! WTF BRO! ZOMG! BBQ! (various tiktok phrases)
I’d be happy if they did this and code Veronica and forget about 5.
Good news, you'll get all of em remade lol

At this rate, your getting Code Veronica remade and 5, I see no reason for Capcom to leave money on the table.

(we need that online Outbreak remake next gen doe lol)

I played the Remaster, but I despise that tank gameplay. I finished it once, and never touched it again.

A full remake on 3rd person perspective would be perfect.

Truth.

We called it on here too that this would likely be the first remake of a remake lol

Kidz was like "but it was remadez already" as if any of that fucking shit has anything to do with how Capcom or any company operates, thats like saying you ate a Big Mac and you shocked McDonalds selling more after you leave, as if the goal as to JUST sell to you lol God damn, some folks naive as fuck, to the point of it being really funny how naive they are, Capcom is a company, they are a business, they make money selling shit, I see zero reason why the would not remake it solely based on some shit like "we did it once" lol Ok....you will do it again generations later for the same fucking reason.

I feel ok even calling 20 years from now, they'll likely remake it again with that VR brain implant with emotion tech in 600k VDR tech. lol

57 year old me going to be like "day 1....well after my medicare approves the brain implant" lol

Kidz was like "but it was remadez already" as if any of that fucking shit has anything to do with how Capcom or any company operates, thats like saying you ate a Big Mac and you shocked McDonalds selling more after you leave, as if the goal as to JUST sell to you lol God damn, some folks naive as fuck, to the point of it being really funny how naive they are, Capcom is a company, they are a business, they make money selling shit, I see zero reason why the would not remake it solely based on some shit like "we did it once" lol Ok....you will do it again generations later for the same fucking reason.
How dare you compare my precious macdaddies to that EvilSlop industrial waste.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I don't mind an RE 1 remake possibility. They teased Wesker at the end of RE 4 Remake, and for newer audiences they would need context as to who this guy is. Remaking the Wesker saga in order (1, CV, and 5) would be a good call here.
No.
team 1 = re7, re8, re9
Team 2 = re2, re4, re5 or cv
Team 3 = re3, re1 or re0.

Re0 or re1 are likely what we are getting next year since it would be 5 years since re3. Just like how re4 took 5 years after re2 came out in 2019.

Re9 is coming out in 2026. 5 years after re8.

EDMIX

No.
team 1 = re7, re8, re9

Re0 or re1 are likely what we are getting next year since it would be 5 years since re3. Just like how re4 took 5 years after re2 came out in 2019.

Slimy gets it!!!!

nial

No.
team 1 = re7, re8, re9

RE4 didn't come out this year, Slimy. 2019-2023 is 4 years, and RE9 is supposed to come out in 2025; so that's another 4 years after RE8. RE1 would also be taking 6 years after RE3 going by this rumor.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Slimy gets it!!!!
And yet we know more about RE9 (which acording to rumors is in development for 7 years) than about RE1R. It doesn't look like we'll get RE1R next year. I think RE9 is indeed the next one.

Last edited:
So down. Remake is still incredible just replayed on my steamdeck. I think I’d like 3rd person but honestly 1st person with VR would be the ultimate

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member

Plus 1 aged awfully. Especially for newer audiences.

Barakov

resident-evil-remake-remake-fan-game-unity-engine.jpg

According to DanielRPK and PRE_Alarabiya, a Resident Evil 1 Remake is in the works and is coming around 2026, likely a third person made in REX Engine.

DanielRPK is a well know Marvel Studios leaker. There's no other info.

Source 1

Source 2

Eh, sure. I just hope if it happens they keep the extra content that made it into REmake.

xrnzaaas

The Remaster is basically perfect as is. Not sure it needs the REmake treatment.
Perfect for us more experienced gamers. I can easily see the scenario that someone brand new to the series (or used only to how RE2R & RE3R are played) can't deal with tank controls (even if they're optional), static cameras and heavier survival aspect.

Last edited:

GymWolf

We already have the perfect remake of that game and it is called rebirth.

Capcom has become a remake machine.

Last edited:

SCB3

They literally do everything to avoid Veronica and Dino Crisis. So fervent is their desire to avoid it they said here you go we even put Dragon's Dogma 2 on the RE Engine.
I will never ever understand why, when fans and others have been begging for it and there was a Dinosaur resurgence with Jurassic World and Godzilla movies, that Capcom decided instead of taking a Cult classic and doing a better version of it and went with whatever the hell Exoprimal is? Its like doing Lost Planet 4 when CV:X remake would make more sense and money

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I almost fell down a stairmaster the other week, does that count?

Can one truly fall down a Stairmaster, or do you fall off it?

MacReady13

Will this be a remake of the HD remake, or the remake of the directors cut, or the remake of the DS version, or the remake of the original version?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I will never ever understand why, when fans and others have been begging for it and there was a Dinosaur resurgence with Jurassic World and Godzilla movies, that Capcom decided instead of taking a Cult classic and doing a better version of it and went with whatever the hell Exoprimal is? Its like doing Lost Planet 4 when CV:X remake would make more sense and money
Here's the thing about CV. The new canon has yet to set up the events needed for this game to even make sense as a remake. It won't be 100% recreation of original game and it frankly shouldn't be, cuz there's a lot of stupid, eye-rolling and silly af stuff in there (just like in original RE4) which has no place in modern RE games and you can already see that in RE4R which is completely free of this stuff. CV will happen eventually and won't be called CV.

As for Dino Crisis, it looks like for Capcom it's not a valuable enough IP to invest a lot of money and time into and since there's no rumors or even hints on remakes and stuff, it is safe to say that it won't happen anytime soon or at all even. I think they already have a roadmap internally for what they'll be doing for the foreseeable future and it looks like RE and MH will be the main focus along with maybe DD now (only time will tell with this one though).

Last edited:
For the people against this remake consider this: New RE fans have started at RE 2 Remake. They have just learned about the fall of Raccoon city and Umbrella, and have been put on a roller coaster of secret bioweapons, hidden truths, and zombies.

RE 3 Remake introduces the chaos of the city and Jill along with more secrets and other bioweapons. RE 4 Remake brings them back to the guy they’re familiar with who was there when the journey started. And they get to see Ada again. It’s a big time skip.

Some mastermind is introduced at the end of 4 that they don’t know of. In a TV series or movie franchise, this would be a pivotal moment to give us insight into that bad guy.

Which option would you choose?

A) Remake the Wesker saga to continue this wild ride for them (1, CV, 5) and thus the franchise maintains gameplay synergy throughout all entries with possible story and level design improvements. They get to experience the story in a special order that suits the current narrative development.

B) Hope that they purchase two 20+ year old games with tank controls and one 15 year old third person shooter with awkward controls.

You cannot choose ‘don’t do anything’.

Plus 1 aged awfully. Especially for newer audiences.
People will disagree but this is essentially why I’m on board with this potential plan to remake 1. Capcom has to commit to the Wesker remake trilogy though, so CV has to happen.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

1) It'll finally let them properly develop Chris as a character, make him more likeable, less dumb, stupid and forgetable (like he was in all of the RE games before)
2) Give Chris fully developed and well written character arc and justify it's existance as potential main lead in 5 and they can't do that properly cuz Chris wasn't a part of any modern remake and he basically doesn't exist yet in modern canon
3) It'll not only make 5 and 6 way better games if they'll remake 1 right, but it'll also give them an opportunity to make way better Revelations remake, about which I also made a thread here describing how it could be done as an RE5R in concept, instead of dumb a shit original RE5 was

Anyway, can't fuckin' wait!

The easter eggs in RE4: RE seemed to signpost Resi 5, but I think your points are valid, that Resi 5 Remake might be thematically strengthened by remaking the first game prior to that (it would also give a bit more time for graphics to advance to improve Resi 5: Remake, as the original is still graphically decent even today).

1996-2026... a thirty year anniversary remake does seem a tempting hook to pin your marketing campaign around.

Top Bottom