Rumor: Shadow of the Tomb Raider leaked [Up: Kotaku says real, by Eidos Montreal]

TheSpecialOne

Jun 8, 2015
So after two poor tomb raider games, they decided that what we needed is a third poor tomb raider game? Well, third time is the charm?

Sesha

Jan 28, 2013
I wonder what the next games will be called. Maybe next we'll get Epiphany of the Tomb Raider, followed by Journal of the Tomb Raider.

Harlequin

Dec 4, 2012
Cool. Hopefully they don't do the hubs this time. Killed the pacing of Rise.
The story would still have been terrible even with better pacing.

Rhianna Pratchett will probably be back. Unfortunate, but I'd be really surprised if anyone else would be brought in.
To be fair, she is only one of several writers working on the game and I don't think she actually has full control over the plot so the last two games' stories being bad may not have been her fault.

Duxxy3

Nov 30, 2007
Day one. I loved Tomb Raider and Rise of.

edit: To add an unpopular opinion - I enjoyed Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider more than any Uncharted game, aside from Uncharted 2.

tuxfool

Banned
Oct 21, 2014
Rhianna Pratchett will probably be back. Unfortunate, but I'd be really surprised if anyone else would be brought in.
Honestly, the issues were less with the outline of the story, which was serviceable. That was the part she probably in charge of (though the overall characterisation of Lara is an absolutely awful).

The real problem is the rest of the writing team, the ones that were in charge of the dumbfuck dialogue and the VO directors.

CanUKlehead

Dec 8, 2014
Cool. Hopefully they don't do the hubs this time. Killed the pacing of Rise.
Yeah, I think the reason I liked TR more than Rise is cause I found TR replayable due to the single thread.

I've been played it once each year, but with Rise's hub world, I'm finding I'm not motivated to replay, even if I think it's quite a good game as well.

Here's to them not doing an open world with this one...

Wanderer5

Aug 31, 2014
So after two poor tomb raider games, they decided that what we needed is a third poor tomb raider game? Well, third time is the charm?
Rise wasn't so amazing, but it was a nice improvement over TR2013, so bring on the 3rd game that will be even better hopefully.

And meh at the title if it becomes real, but guess it is not bad.

FullMetaltech

Jun 17, 2013
New York
Not sure if its just maybe someone writing a book, comic or a game but I can see "How is FEAR applied in ____? ". Who knows if its actually something else.

Jun 19, 2014
I thought Rise of the Tomb Raider was a pretty huge disappointment, sales-wise? I hadn't expected they'd go full steam ahead with another sequel.
considering it still sold millions, you dont just can the whole series, you refactor the budget and start on the sequel that way...granted this is SE so who fucking knows

valouris

Jun 1, 2013
It could be in the early stages and they are still pitching ideas to the rest of the team. I think it is real, but definitely not final.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Nov 2, 2009
CD please no more pointless upgrades, abilities and side missions in your next game

x-Lundz-x

Jan 14, 2011
I hope his is real, I need to know more of the best Lara is coming.

Two more weeks until my pro is here So I can replay ROTTR