• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - TES V Skyrim Definitive Edition out on november 23th

Dropping a remaster of a 5 year old game in November seems crazy to me.

I don't expect much out of this remaster other than resolution and their hi-res texture pack add-on from the PC.

the fall this year is pretty barren and Skyrim is huge

I expect it to sell gangbusters no matter what

Milton

Banned
Should've remade Morrowind or Oblivion before remastering Skyrim.

A 10th Anniversary Edition Remaster of Oblivion would have been nice. Pretty sure it would have sold well too. I prefer my single player games on console so I guess I'm stuck with the vanilla PS3 version forever *cries*

tuco11

Perfect time to come out. This holiday is being dominated by triple AAA shooters. Whats the big single player experience coming out?

It makes me sad that this is coming out. It makes me even sadder that so many people are clamoring for it.

X3TeVee.gif

SpartanN92

Banned
I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

Because not everyone has a gaming PC.
Easy money.
People have asked for it.

That better be a placeholder price, the only way to justify that price is if they completely reworked the visuals and brought it up to the standards of this gen

Perfect time to come out. This holiday is being dominated by triple AAA shooters. Whats the big single player experience coming out?
Final fantasy, the last guardian, watch dogs 2, I think gears 4. There will probably be a few more after E3 and there's probably some I missed.

tuco11

Final fantasy, the last guardian, watch dogs 2, I think gears 4. There will probably be a few more after E3 and there's probably some I missed.

Lets think in terms of sales. I dont think Bethesda is quaking in their boots about being lost in the shuffle with that list.

lazygecko

What on earth are you talking about? Seems to be plenty of stuff hitting XB1 Fallout 4.

Console mod support has inadvertedly caused a lot of bad blood from things like rampant stealing of mods and uploading them to bethesda.net without the author's permission. It's caused tons of headaches that have really soured modders' collective outlook on console mods.

stuminus3

They should make this like the existing PC version but in an ironic twist change the UI to be built around mouse and keyboard so it's clunky and useless on a controller.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
If this really is happening hope they made some big improvements gameplay wise and graphically, not just a resolution bump and PC textures.
Agreed. Gameplay updates are a must for me to jump on this again. Also animations, AI, and UI enhancements would be most welcomed.

Teletraan1

Banned
Day whenever they ultimately fix the inevitable, inexplicable poor performance of the game
on Sony consoles

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect much help from PC modders. They'll use any excuse to keep mods pc 'exclusive'.

This seems like a very strange thing to say at a time when people are having great fun getting stuck in to hundreds of mods for Fallout 4 on Xbone, and those same mods (and more) are coming to ps4 soon.

I am asking this as a question because I dont know (not being sarcastic) but have the more recent Final Fantasies lit up the sales charts?
As of Jan 2013 ff13 sold 6.6m so it's safe to say as of now 13 sold 7-8m and that's maybe the most disliked mainline FF.
Can't link source cause I'm on my phone but u can Google it.

RRP is £50 I think I saw. I'll wait for detailed impressions/performance info anyway before taking the plunge and I'll be surprised if it holds value.

Just a typo, even at £40 they get go fuck themselves. Unless this is a "remaster" of all ES games since Morrowind and comes as a bundle, this will be the worst example of the exploitation of the market, in relation to remasters so far.
The MC collection had 4 games in one, not counting MP and was sold at retail price, that I can understand, however a game which isn't even that old and that will more than likely just be upressed and pushed to 60fps is not worth it in my opinion.

So far I've stayed pretty much neutral in the whole remake gaming trend, I don't think it matters that much, but if Bethesda expects to be able to release a 5 year old game, with marginal difference, they'll be sadly disappointed.

Rather interested to see if this will be released on PC, that would actually be interesting.

Trogdor1123

Just a typo, even at £40 they get go fuck themselves. Unless this is a "remaster" of all ES games since Morrowind and comes as a bundle, this will be the worst example of the exploitation of the market, in relation to remasters so far.
The MC collection had 4 games in one, not counting MP and was sold at retail price, that I can understand, however a game which isn't even that old and that will more than likely just be upressed and pushed to 60fps is not worth it in my opinion.

So far I've stayed pretty much neutral in the whole remake gaming trend, I don't think it matters that much, but if Bethesda expects to be able to release a 5 year old game, with marginal difference, they'll be sadly disappointed.

Rather interested to see if this will be released on PC, that would actually be interesting.
So I take that as a no, you won't be buying it?

tuco11

What about Last of Us Remaster? GTA V?

Never got to finish it on last gen and don't have a PC. All the negativity around this is just a bummer. I am excited and hope it's a decent visual update.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

The PS4 version will look better than the PS3 version and people with a PS4 may like to play it there...

SJRB

Gold Member
Unless this is a huge, HUGE upgrade I don't understand why anyone would fork over 40 bucks for this. The PC version is on sale literally every other week, you can pick it up for 5 bucks and it runs on a potato.

dubq

Right? I don't understand why that obvious answer needs to be said every. single. time.

It's the age-old "I don't like/want/understand a thing, so no one else should either" internetism.

Unless this is a huge, HUGE upgrade I don't understand why anyone would fork over 40 bucks for this. The PC version is on sale literally every other week, you can pick it up for 5 bucks and it runs on a potato.

Not everyone wants a gaming PC.

They should make this like the existing PC version but in an ironic twist change the UI to be built around mouse and keyboard so it's clunky and useless on a controller.
What is your point with this ridiculous post? Are you so angry that other people might actually want to play this?

schaft0620

I don't get why people are upset about this, video games come out every month that I don't like that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist? Shit we have had to hear about Injustice 2 all fucking week.

I haven't played the game in over 4 years and I never finished it. I can't wait for this to come out.

Remasters.... Remasters everywhere :O

There is so much cool new shit out and that is coming down the pipe but, I guess someone has to shitpost this in every remaster thread.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You must've never tried mods. You can say a lot of stuff about Skyrim, but with mods it looks absolutely stunning.

Even with mods, which are a fucking chore to install and manage without breaking everything by the way, it's still more often than not a pretty damn ugly looking game.

Sure there's these people running hundreds of mods that combine to form a few great screenshots, but the underlying core is still junk.

Top Bottom