• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: The Last Guardian Headed To Playstation 4

Perkel

Banned
According to a very reliable source from Japan, Team Ico’s The Last Guardian will now be a Playstation 4 title. Details are sketchy at the moment and we don’t know whether or not it will be announced at Sony’s Playstation 4 event or at this years E3.

From what we’ve learned so far, Sony is looking to make a huge impression with the Playstation 4. The Last Guardian has been in limbo since 3 of Team Ico’s producers, Kenji Kaido, Fumito Ueda and Yoshifusa Hayama, departed from Sony within the last year and a half. There’s been much speculation as to whether this game would ever be released, but Sony has reiterated many times that it’s still in development.

Recently, many analysts have suggested that it might be headed to Sony’s next generation platform instead of the already successful Playstation 3. Here’s to hoping that it’s a launch launch title.

STFU site

How much stfu is reliable ?

EDIT: It is rumor and i forgot to add RUMOR mod change that !(sorry). Thanks mods !

Looks like neogaf-->internet-->neogaf

I don't know, but I know it's been in development on Orbis for a long time now. It's platform has been questionable for nearly two years, but the last time it was restarted (it's been restarted a number of times), it was moved to Orbis.

And some prophecy:

ivW9fJ769HNeL.gif

joedick

I think any no-name gaming site can post this as a scoop and have a good chance of looking legit. I'm not gonna give them the click.

Jeels

That was...expected. Hopefully it is in the launch window giving people something really special to play within the first few months.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think this is the same site that posted about the next gen racing game...and the guy got banned for posting his own site. So maybe real?

It's not hard to guess this though

kenta

Has no PEINS
Could explain the "engineering" difficulties described by yosp, if true, considering they'd have to switch architectures

The very reliable source is neogaf right? Strange the PS3 went for a whole 7 years and there was no Team Ico game on it. Dat Cell, that architecture really fucked up a lot of things for Sony.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I called this shit a mile away in another thread.. I said the same for Versus as well.. dun dun dun..

Frolow

Banned
Never heard of these guys. The "very reliable source from Japan" leads me to believe this is just speculation plastered as a rumor for views.

spats

This is probably for the better, but what a development clusterfuck that game must've been up to this point.

farnham

Banned
Im angry because i bought ps3 because of last guardian and versus and both games are not comming to the platform anytime soon

DigiMish

It's unbelievable to think that this studio released absolutely ZERO games for the PS3, and yet Sony still keeps pumping money into them.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
It's a rumor

btw neogaf -> internet -> neogaf

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It really isn't rumour at this point with people in the know such as ex-Sony employees on this very forum pointing towards it having been on Orbis kits for a while.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I know this would annoy some people.

But I wouldn't be one of them.

But didn't Yoshida relatively recently say it was still for PS3?

Maybe ps4 will be able to run it. God i hope this game delivers. I still have high hopes.
I thought thisvwas allready confirmed more or less.

Top Bottom