• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: The Last Guardian Headed To Playstation 4

delta25

Banned
ivW9fJ769HNeL.gif

Best fucking gif ever

lol

I was gonna say the entire team should be fired after they put it on the PS4, missing out on an entire generation is beyond ridiculous.
But apparently Team Ico is only made up of like a dozen people?
http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Ico
First, Team ICO is just a team within Sony Japan. And most of them are cycled around between different projects

Secondly, fire them all? You have to be kidding. The game was "only" announced in 2009. To put it in perspective, MGS Rising was announced at the same show. If development has moved to PS4, it would answer a lot of questions about why they went silent.

Midou

That is kind of the problem with PS4 being unlikely to have BC. If a lot of these longer development titles don't make the PS3, will be kind of hard to tell people 'oh hey, if you buy a PS4, you won't be able to play this game on it'. Best case would probably be a dual release across both the PS3 and PS4, but it being pushed to next-gen didn't seem too unlikely before.

Green Yoshi

Does anyone know what was meant with the the technical problems? If it was about the 256 MB RAM, it should be easy to port it for the PS4. If it was an AI problem or something within the game mechanics, the power of the PS4 wouldn't help.

fvng

Your point is ? It is not our job to check sources. Same as IGN thing few months ago.

I was lttp and corrected myself in minutes still this thread has its purpose since there really was no TLG on PS4 thread.

Cop out. I honestly don't mind rumors. Where there's smoke there's fire I just hate the hypocritical blasting of sites like Kotaku that do the same thing.

It's the principle of the thing, be consistent. A lot of people get their news through GAF so this board has the same duty to wait for confirmation you demand of others.

Cop out. I honestly don't mind rumors. Where there's smoke there's fire I just hate the hypocritical blasting of sites like Kotaku that do the same thing.

It's the principle of the thing, be consistent. A lot of people get their news through GAF so this board has the same duty to wait for confirmation you demand of others.

I'm still waiting for my gaf member paycheck for all this source checking.
Maybe it got lost in the mail.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Then why are they being made? A smart business wouldn't pump money into something for years to not try and earn money.

Presumably he doesn't mean that Sony don't care at all whether it makes money, but rather it's not being cynically designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible. It's a "creator's vision" kind of game. At least it was. Who knows what has happened in the last 3 years.

Derrick01

Banned
Eh. 8 days looked like just another 3rd person cover based shooter with nice production values.

Back in 2005 that was still impressive, and it had the best animation we'd seen in a game up to that point. I know I would have enjoyed it over another super artsy game that had little gameplay.

fvng

I'm still waiting for my gaf member paycheck for all this source checking.
Maybe it got lost in the mail.

Lame response. GAF should practice what it preaches. I have no problem with this thread, I also have no problem with Kotaku because I'm not a flaming hypocrite.

Transcript of that YouTube video:

One important question. I mean, yesterday was a great press conference, but where was The Last Guardian?

Denny: So it's the most often-asked question, and no surprises that it is asked again today because--like you (I think) and like most people--[you are] super-excited for when we're going to get our hands on that game.

Denny: But you're right. We didn't have any announcements to make about The Last Guardian, so again, same question, same answer I give you as last time you asked it, so we have to wait.

Is the game still in development?

Denny: The game is still in development.

Top Bottom