• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the humanity, a game getting delayed for months!

What can Sony possibly do to recover.

I hope it is to add multiplayer, game is gagging for it.

Oh please god no. I was hoping we could move past the tacked on multiplayer shit after the last generation. Nobody plays it and it only diverts time and money to the true focus.

RK9039

Kojima already showed how to proper delay a game, release a small fraction of it (that is actually pretty good) and cashing out to spend the rest of his time photographing cute models. Sony is not paying attention.

Kojima is a genius.

JJD

Huh???

Don't really care about The Order delay, 4 months is not that much, but why people are saying The Witcher 3 is coming out next february? Is this confirmed???

Velcro Fly

This just puts my mind at ease that buying a PS3 this summer isn't a complete waste. I won't feel like I'm totally missing out on so much. I'll get a PS4 eventually though.

Famassu

Nothing is wrong with SCE guys!

Shu is doing a wonderful job!
He is, unless you are one of those silly people who think rushed shit is better than delayed & more polished experiences. Games get delayed, no reason to go all drama queen about it. The Witcher 3 was delayed, Destiny was delayed, Watch Dogs was delayed, Dragon Age Inquisition was delayed, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was delayed, Halo 5 was delayed. Games get delayed.

Zok310

Banned
Delaystation. Never go wrong. So i guess Sony is just going to try and wing it with DC.
Good luck MS is coming for your asses.

Kssio_Aug

Several of their key creative staff - including Amy Henning, the main director of the entire franchise - left over the past few months. It's been said the entire game has been sent back to the drawing board. It'll come out - it's too big not to. But they're not hitting this Fall, and may not even be at E3.
Holly damn?? Really??
I didnt know that. Wth, Im trully sad now! Uncharted on PS3 was one of my favorite series ever (and I did not enjoyed nearly the Vita version). I hope they will be able to keep the franchise quality!

But that was some bad news for me. More then The Order baing delayed. :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not to mention all that talk about how much easier and faster it is to get code up and running on the PS4 over the PS3, this barren wasteland from 1st party studios this year is more ridiculous. And this stuff like Last of Us Remastered is good and all but really screams they should have just made the fucking game for the PS4 in the first place.

So fucking true.

I know I'm just being a whiner here but I'm not happy about having to wait until 2015 for that big next gen exclusive that makes you happy to own the console. Ditto for Xbox One. I'm tired of playing sloppy crossgen ports.

Capella

Feb. isn't too long of a wait plus this Fall feels really crowded with big 3rd party releases. While I think exclusives are important, it kind of looks like a lot of them are going to get drowned out by Call of Duty, Batman, Far Cry, Dragon Age, Evolve, Assassin's Creed etc. and whatever few games are announced for 2014 at E3. I can see why we will be hearing that a lot of games are aiming for 2015 rather than this Fall.

Either way, getting a Wii U and upgrading my PC for Dragon Age sounds like a really good idea now. Sunset Overdrive looks nice but it can wait and it turns out my SO isn't that interested in Forza Horizon...so no reason to get an Xbox One either. Seems like the second year of a consoles life is typically the best year to jump in.

rrc1594

Kojima already showed how to proper delay a game, release a small fraction of it (that is actually pretty good) and cashing out to spend the rest of his time photographing cute models. Sony is not paying attention.

On pride alone I should not buy MGSV.

Several of their key creative staff - including Amy Henning, the main director of the entire franchise - left over the past few months. It's been said the entire game has been sent back to the drawing board. It'll come out - it's too big not to. But they're not hitting this Fall, and may not even be at E3.

I knew Henning left to work on Star Wars but did not know several followed also. Hope ND get sorted as I enjoy the Uncharted series

thuway

The big game for this fall was supposed to be Stig's game and it was called Darksider or something like that.

It stunk. They had to kill it. Note that it was in development since GoW3 and it was never shown publicly. That is why there is a hole in the calendar for 2014.
Accurate.

Hoje0308

Banned
These studios have had plenty of time have they not? As a SW developer delays in the industry are normal (i.e., couple of months where l work) but a one year delay is not.

Again, you're moving toward another discussion. I don't know if you're really that thick or if you have an agenda, but I'll bite. Let's start with the easy stuff,

Which game was delayed a year? Driveclub was, but that's been explained in detail. The Order has - if the rumors are true - been delayed by three or four months. I don't see the problem with giving new IP room to breathe. Do you expect game development to stick to a strict schedule, regardless of the outcome? Good games take time, sometimes more that originally thought. If you stick to a release schedule, you run the risk of pulling a Battlefield 4. I like how you try to position yourself as an authority, yet seem to be unaware of some pretty simple yet salient facts.
Also, are you even aware of what Sony's studios have been doing? (Hint: they were releasing games on PS3 and are now getting ready to support PS4.) Most of them haven't had the kind of time you insist they have.
I look forward to you moving goalposts in your next reply.

Bsigg12

Huh???

Don't really care about The Order delay, 4 months is not that much, but why people are saying The Witcher 3 is coming out next february? Is this confirmed???

Yea they announced it like a month ago that it wouldn't be out until February.

RulkezX

Talk about poor planning by Soony

Sony Santa Monica new ip = cancelled, this will leave a gap in the lineup

Driveclub = delayed by a year, this could have done well at launch

The order 1886 = delayed....

Uncharted = in limbo

Shouldnt have bought a ps4

You should sell it mate , your posts the last few months have made it clear you don't like the thing.

Now I've hypothesized this, but who are you and what confirmation do you have?

I need to see the proof.

Arzehn

So Sony refuses to money hat any exclusives, so when their first parties fall flat on their faces their platform is left with zero exclusives during the crucial holiday season.

Looks like XB1 is going to be closing the sales gap in NA this fall. They deserve it for thinking ahead.

Makes me sad that no one remembers Deep Down. Looks much more interesting than anything in XB1 lineup atm.

JCizzle

So fucking true.

I know I'm just being a whiner here but I'm not happy about having to wait until 2015 for that big next gen exclusive that makes you happy to own the console. Ditto for Xbox One. I'm tired of playing sloppy crossgen ports.

Agreed, they really dropped the ball this year. Pretty ridiculous.

The big game for this fall was supposed to be Stig's game and it was called Darksider or something like that.

It stunk. They had to kill it. Note that it was in development since GoW3 and it was never shown publicly. That is why there is a hole in the calendar for 2014.
Very interesting

Jesb

So what the fuck does Sony have planned 1st party wise this year aside from TLoU port and DriveClub??

They don't need it. Not when you have heavy hitters like Destiny, call of duty, assassin's creed, far cry and whatever else.

i find it unacceptable this game doesnt have multiplayer. sony just sucks at making a good multiplayer game and this with its gears of war infulence i was hoping was going to change that but nope. sony for singleplayer, ms for multiplayer

taVQbOF.gif

But didn't only half of the people leaving work on U4? I thought I remembered that at least half of the people leaving were employees were on the Last of Us team, and not the current Uncharted team.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
More and more happy I've waited to jump into next gen. Just gonna ride out this year with my Wii U and reevaluate this time next near.

It sucks, but it is what it is with the current game landscape.

It's sucks, but it's why I was apprehensive of getting a console at launch. Ended up with xbox one but the drought is still there. After all first year of a console really is barren, it's part of early adoption, like how people who buy late on in the consoles life are spoilt for choice.

There are 3rd party games this fall, and E3 will have surprises. If not then multiplatform games it is then!

But it's not the end of the world!

B.O.O.M

A project getting cancelled is a big deal. If that new ssm ip was being planned for summer 2015, sony wont have anything to replace it. This will lead to another dry period in 2015

Never said it's not a big deal. Especially to me since I love Stig's work. But sometimes shit happens. It's not about planning..even the most well thought out plans can change/fail.

You are trolling..you have to be. You are throwing one random guess after another and it's getting just absurd now. There is absolutely no logical reason to even suggest the possibility you just did.

oh and few key people leaving and being replaced by other equally or even more talented individuals doesn't = limbo. The Last Guardian would be a good example for a game that was in Limbo before. Stop spreading FUD

It's SniperHunter trolling as usual. Don't pay much attention.

yeah I know

Ooh maybe that's the new subtitle for the game. Uncharted 4: in limbo

Uncharted: Drake's Limbo

Uncharted = in limbo

Yea since I am not getting hours at work, I might sell mine as well. What a waste!
Dude...trolling sony fans my ass. Can't wait for ND to show Uncharted so you come running back after you seen what Corrinne and the team did lmfao!
guys i'm secretly trolling sniperhunter too!

Reg

Banned

Uncharted = in limbo

Haha, what a hoser!

Expected this when IGN did a E3 2013 interview with one of the dev's and he was saying they didn't have anything playable and still in concept phases. A few months over a year sounded ridiculous for a game like this to go from prealpha to gold.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
As in actually Darksider as that smells of copyright.

(I know it's probably a codename)

I don't remember what it was actually called. Dark something. Darkside. Maybe it was called "took 4 years and was terrible and got cancelled" at SCE.

DieH@rd

Banned
Huh???

Yes, but everyone is happy about the delay because devs described it as necessary thing that will make the game better...

...which is the same reason a lot of people are upset now at Ready at Dawn/Sony. :)

thefro

Better to get it right considering how much money "AAA" games cost this gen to develop.

Seems like a lot of companies are struggling with this latest console transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom