• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salex_

Sony better hope multiplats look significantly better than the Ones otherwise there's no reason to get a ps4 over Xbone in 2014.

The only Xbox One game confirmed for fall is Sunset Overdrive...let's stop this nonsense please. This illusion of them being in such a better position is ridiculous.

And I don't think it's fair to ignore Lily Bergamo and Guilty Gear Xrd since both of them are 2014 titles. Sure, they aren't TPS or FPS games, but one of them is an established top tier series within it's genre and the other is a new IP in the barren character action genre.

Diversity is good.
Xrd is on PS3.

True, but it's still on PS4 so it should be acknowledged. I avoid saying "PS4" when it comes to GG since it's in the same boat as Dragon Crown, MLB, PS All Stars, Sly Cooper, etc.

What happened to all the GTAV next gen rumours?, any chance that is still happening and could be ready for the Fall?.

GTA current-gen port could be announced today, and set for release within a month.

Ports. for most parts, have exhausted their peak marketing cycle. There's no real need for ports to be announced 3+ months in advance.

StuBurns

Banned
I feel like it's more likely for Valve to want to avoid XBO just to spite MS.
There's that too.

In fact, the rumor is Source 2 is OpenGL, no D3D, if true, L4D3 and HL3 are almost certainly not coming to XBO. They're probably not coming to PS4 either though.

Also, to some of the delaystation, yadda posts: what will you complain about when their first party studios are pumping out great game after great game in a year or so? No one wants unfinished games except apparently fanboys and financial people sometimes want them I guess. Nice.

And all this software drought nonsense. Here is an idea: get a PC or another console. I am currently playing like 12 games atm that can be replaced with 12 more at any time. OMG the drought will kill us all! lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The only Xbox One game confirmed for fall is Sunset Overdrive...let's stop this nonsense please. This illusion of them being in such a better position is ridiculous.

And I don't think it's fair to ignore Lily Bergamo and Guilty Gear Xrd since both of them are 2014 titles. Sure, they aren't TPS or FPS games, but one of them is an established top tier series within it's genre and the other is a new IP in the barren character action genre.

Diversity is good.

Xrd is on PS3.

Can you give me a compelling reason to own a ps4 at the moment? I have one and I like it, love the potential, but really give me something the ps4 has that isn't on another platform, and is worth buying a console for.

Has any first year in a consoles life cycle ever been so great in regards to first party ?

LOL....So what first party games are coming out this year for PS4 #NONE

Do you even own a PS4 ?

StuBurns

Banned
Good luck for next-gen consoles trying to sell units on day one after the software drought we are having during this gen.
PS3's first year was complete trash, and PS4 is the fastest selling console ever, so I don't think those things have any relation whatsoever.

Hyunashi

I like delays. Too many games today have release schedules that completely fuck over the QA process within the studio. It will be good the longer Sony delays so they can get their tools and stuff up to par so they can finish games easier. Right now the worst thing possible is to release an underwhelming blockbuster. Or an unfinished game like KZ.

Lets wait and see how good the delay was for Driveclub.

Betty

Banned
Good luck for next-gen consoles trying to sell units on day one after the software drought we are having during this gen.

I don't care how many past release lists folk will trot out, this gen so far doesn't feel any less barren than any that have come before.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Also, to some of the delaystation, yadda posts: what will you complain about when their first party studios are pumping out great game after great game in a year or so? No one wants unfinished games except apparently fanboys and financial people sometimes want them I guess. Nice.

And all this software drought nonsense. Here is an idea: get a PC or another console. I am currently playing like 12 games atm that can be replaced with 12 more at any time. OMG the drought will kill us all! lol

People bought consoles on promises, Consoles did not live up to the promises in the first year.

The moral, if you care that much about playing exclusive games on consoles don't buy them within the first year (or rather until they actually release) regardless what PR bullshit companies say.

Guymelef

In a world where Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield sells over first party franchises they don't need luck to sell consoles.

MilesTeg

Banned
GTA current-gen port could be announced today, and set for release within a month.

Ports. for most parts, have exhausted their peak marketing cycle. There's no real need for ports to be announced 3+ months in advance.

GTAV is a special game though. If they have new single player content and put a solid marketing budget towards it, it will do very well again. I have to imagine Rockstar will be making an announcement at E3 since they have waited this long already.

Aren't happy with Drive Club. You ask too much!

DC doesn't count, it was supposed to come out last year.

Funny how DC would accompany Knack and Killzone at launch and is now being exalted to the one and only blockbuster to carry the system on it's own in its first full holiday season.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That would be utterly retarded considering DD's biggest market was Japan.

Dragon's Dogma seems like a singularly poor choice for buying true exclusivity for, considering its likely to be a very expensive project that performed only decently well last time around.

Exclusive DLC, sure... but I'm really doubtful that there's sufficient upside to justify the outlay. Something like Titanfall actually made sense as it was a tentpole release that they threw a lot of promotion behind, DD just isnt going to get that sort of treatment.

Aren't happy with Drive Club. You ask too much!

Everyone keeps forgetting Singstar also releases this year ! !! !!!

But seriously, this delay isn't great for 'listz warz', but it's not that big of a deal looking at the density of fall's release this year for both strong SP & MP experiences.

The moral, if you care that much about playing exclusive games on consoles don't buy them within the first year (or rather until they actually release) regardless what PR bullshit companies say.

Pretty much.

I mean, if you bought a 360 + Kinect for Ryse/Crimson Dragon promise of great Kinect games... things have changed a lot from the original vision of said games.

Likewise, for PS3's TLG, and stuff.

Remind me what the last announced retail games were for the PS4 and Xbox One. From memory I recall Uncharted 4 in November and Gears of War 5 in January. Both must be the furthest off games announced for each system. If they're shortening the gap from announcement to release, that's all right. If neither have games in a position to show, that's worrying. Lucky that E3 is two weeks away and we'll find out.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I don't care how many past release lists folk will trot out, this gen so far doesn't feel any less barren than any that have come before.

That is only because of the cross gen games. Take those out and well it is wasteland. To be honest I could careless about 99% of the cross games. I buy next gen systems day 1 to play games take advantage of them. Basically we will get knack ,drive club and killzone in year 1 from sony that makes me shake my head. They should of moved a few of those last year PS3 games to the PS4. This generation was 3 years late there is no excuse to not have software yet they had a long time to plan this out.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

But seriously, this delay isn't great for 'listz warz', but it's not that big of a deal looking at the density of fall's release this year for both strong SP & MP experiences.

Yeah I'm the third party games will carry things just fine.

Yeah, it's at most a 3-4 month delay which isn't much at all. It's just that it misses the holiday season that makes it stand out more.

Guymelef

DC doesn't count, it was supposed to come out last year.

Funny how DC would accompany Knack and Killzone at launch and is now being exalted to the one and only blockbuster to carry the system on it's own in its first full holiday season.

Well, in the other side without Kinect Sports Rivals launch delay, Sunset Overdrive would have been the first MS game of 2014 in September.

wapplew

Oh great, you mean I can't win the list war on forum this year? I'm a sad panda.

Anyway, fully support anything to get a better final product.
If Sony didn't feel the pressure for fall exclusive rather want more polish, I'm all for it.

Hyunashi

Dragon's Dogma seems like a singularly poor choice for buying true exclusivity for, considering its likely to be a very expensive project that performed only decently well last time around.

Exclusive DLC, sure... but I'm really doubtful that there's sufficient upside to justify the outlay. Something like Titanfall actually made sense as it was a tentpole release that they threw a lot of promotion behind, DD just isnt going to get that sort of treatment.

I can see a similar situation with Tales of Vesperia. Capcom will regret it, but I would not be surprised if they did something stupid.

Looks like my ps4 won't be on much for the rest of the year.

saev us E3.

Forgot about Destiny, don't fub this up bungie. I bet that will be delayed too :/.

Well that sucks a little but I can live with that... I'll have great games to play on PS4 this fall-winter anyway.... and we still don't know what's coming anyway, lets wait for E3 first.

I hope they actually make a multiplayer mode and make the campaign even better for The Order, i just want this game to be great.

Jomjom

Banned
I would prefer a delay if the games just not ready, but this definitely looks bad for the PS4. DC isn't even enough to match up to Halo HD collection (if it indeed exists), much less all of the other xbone 2014 exclusives like Sunset Overdrive.

The PS+ freebie game (yes I know its not the whole game, but its the perception) that was meant to be a launch game as your big holiday exclusive? Big ouch.

If the xbone really does catch up early 2015 in the US Sony will have no one to blame but themselves. Few new exclusives and few feature adding firmware updates, they really are doing their best to give back their lead.

Betty

Banned
That is only because of the cross gen games. Take those out and well it is wasteland. To be honest I could careless about 99% of the cross games. I buy next gen systems day 1 to play games take advantage of them. Basically we will get knack ,drive club and killzone in year 1 from sony that makes me shake my head. They should of moved a few of those last year PS3 games to the PS4. This generation was 3 years late there is no excuse to not have software yet they had a long time to plan this out.

Granted Sony haven't really brought a dearth of excellent exclusives so far, the outlook may change after E3 though, who knows.

But there will be plenty of multiplatform games this year to look forward to, and the cross gen games we get will still be superior versions. The difference between BF4 last gen and this gen is just one example.

N.Domixis

Banned
That would be utterly retarded considering DD's biggest market was Japan.

What I am typing may sound inappropriate and extreme to some people, but their money hatting bullshit is why I want the xbox brand fucking dead. This company just takes away from other gamers instead of contributing their own in-house games. Luckily, they will be slaughtered world wide and should decrease the amount they are able to moneyhat.

On the other hand, if Microsoft actually made their own first party exclusives, that would be fine. Their few first parties that they have usually have longevity which is something sony lacks with many of their exclusives. So they should focus on that with first party, not punishing sony and nintendo gamers by taking away games.

Plasma

Banned
I hope Sony shows some first party games at E3 that are coming out this year, the only one I can think of is Drive Club which I'm not interested in playing anyway.

Well, all those is like...I dunno, 3, and I think things are a lot different now.

They had more and better JRPG's, arguably which is a shame. Even more since the genre had a steep decline last generation (console wise) and few if any rise above average.

But I'm not going to pretend to know what neither of the corporations is thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom