• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
this is sony's gift to you. six more months of gaudy promises, extravagant hopes and a library of gifs which pour over ever pixel of footage, before the reality of another mediocre cinematic shooter is over in a single afternoon.

This gen has been pretty slow on getting remarkable new IP to retail.

By the end of 2014, we'll have

Nintendoland
Zombie U
Lego City (generous definition of new IP)
Wonderful 101
Ryse
Knack
Titanfall
Destiny
Drive Club
Deep Down
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve

Combined. Am I missing anything big? There's obviously quality there (and more variety when you include DD) but you can begin to understand why 2 of 3 consoles are struggling.

this is sony's gift to you. six more months of gaudy promises, extravagant hopes and a library of gifs which pour over ever pixel of footage, before the reality of another mediocre cinematic shooter is over in a single afternoon.
Whereas your gift is enough bitterness to sour even the most seasoned IPA drinkers' palette.

artist

Banned
thismaybetheonechannexooqp.png

He's in every other thread, deflecting the discussion from Xbone's performance deficits. It's not surprising.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Nintendoland
Zombie U
Wonderful 101
Ryse
Knack
Titanfall
Destiny
Drive Club
Deep Down
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve

Combined. Am I missing anything big? There's obviously quality there (and more variety when you include DD) but you can begin to understand why 2 of 3 consoles are struggling.

I think it's slow to get EVERYTHING to market. This is AAA gaming these days!

Salz01

This kind of sucks. Order was my most wanted game this year. This year just seems like lots of sequel drivel. Some good, and some just there to print dollars. Nothing really new.

Zabuza

Banned

Tag quote: "Thanks for the laugh."

Nintendoland
Zombie U
Wonderful 101
Ryse
Knack
Titanfall
Destiny
Drive Club
Deep Down
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve

That's being generous i think. What an incredibly average line-up of games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

5370aus1.gif

I really don't get the outrage, if the game really is delayed it's because it needs more work. Do you want a mess of a game? I don't. Exclusives will come, 2015 will be loaded.

I seriously doubt Sony is worried, CoD will sell circles around any exclusive and move plenty of PS4s in the holiday season.

Lemondish

Nintendoland
Zombie U
Wonderful 101
Ryse
Knack
Titanfall
Destiny
Drive Club
Deep Down
Sunset Overdrive
Evolve

Watch Dogs also.

S¡mon

Banned
Sony better money-hatted a 3rd party developer/publisher for an exclusive for Holiday 2014.

I want an exclusive this Holiday season* to make me feel good about my PS4 purchase.

*And no, #DRIVECLUB, a game that was supposed to come out a year earlier, does not count.

Andodalf

Banned
You may, but I believe even the director of the game committed to Sony platforms for all future tales.

I don't care what platform it's on. I just want the game! Also the original voice actors for any returning characters. Especially yuri. Dat troy Baker voice!

Game costs are rocketing, so less games are being made, for higher costs.

It isn't just at Sony either, this is happening all across the industry.
It's why indie/dd games are so important. They're the new mid tier gaming filler. Sooner or later the people that discredit these games will come around.

Usobuko

Banned
Last E3, Shuhei Yoshida says there are more than X number of projects internally by Sony Worldwide studios. Have they hit the numbers yet? How does it compared with Microsoft?

Bundy

Banned
Now tell us how you really feel, my friend.

S¡mon;113548930 said:
*And no, #DRIVECLUB, a game that was supposed to come out a year earlier, does not count.
Hope this is sarcasm, because it doesn't make any sense.

viveks86

uh huh… tell me more

Rembrandt

Banned
Forgot to add the most excellent dead rising, gears of war and saints row 1. I am sure there were other games to.

I would say fight night round 3 blows away every single cross generation this time around and it is not even close.

Weren't launch titles. All came a year later, so we still have 5 more months, lol.

Rembrandt

Banned
Was it? Is it even the best selling XBO game? Did it even outsell KZ?

Sold more copies than KZ did in it's first month, but I'm positive your response to that will be that KZ is exclusive and Titanfall isn't/you were only talking about the X1 numbers'. Also it moved a decent amount of consoles, although it's no guarantee Titanfall was why.

Yoday

I hope this turns out to be true. There are already going to be way too many games to play this fall, so something getting pushed a few months would be a relief.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
keep in mind this year is 20th anniversary for Playstation, so this should be big. No way would Sony let that slip without dropping any bombs.

I think it's time for The Last Guardian re-reveal.

Salex_

S¡mon;113548930 said:
Sony better money-hatted a 3rd party developer/publisher for an exclusive for Holiday 2014.

I want an exclusive this Holiday season* to make me feel good about my PS4 purchase.

If you go back and see what they announced last year, you'll get your answers.
This is bad, really bad for Sony. What have they got in terms of exclusive games this year? Both Microsoft and Nintendo are miles ahead in this sector it seems.

Owning just a PS4, I feel kind of let down by this.
err, the only X1 exclusive confirmed for this year is Sunset Overdrive. Seriously, why am I the only one noticing this?

Ducktail

This is bad, really bad for Sony. What have they got in terms of exclusive games this year? Both Microsoft and Nintendo are miles ahead in this sector it seems.

Owning just a PS4, I feel kind of let down by this.

Axass

The thing is, they still will likely have the worst lineup for the year with all games considered.

Completely subjective. Looking at that lineup, I wouldn't even slot the Wii U into second place. Opinions....

Lets not take into account that this is the wiiu's second year or anything.

Console wars: serious business. I was just trying to point out something funny, I'm not some kind of Nintendo apologist, despite the avatar.

Yeah, Wii U's first year hasn't been that hot. Though I wasn't trying to compare the systems on a fair basis, just the lineup for the rest of the year, because I found it funny; besides it's not like PS4 and X1 had that many first party exclusives since January: Infamous, Kinect Sports Rivals, I guess you could somehow count Titanfall, and...? Objectively Nintendo has 4 new high budget games coming out, Sony has Driveclub and a bunch of HD remasters, Microsoft has Sunset Overdrive, maybe Forza Horizon 2 and a bunch of HD remasters/remakes. I'd say that, not taking into account personal tastes, Nintendo's lineup is better due to both quantity and variety: an RPG, an hack 'n' slash, a fighting game and a character action game. With something else possibly revealed at E3.

S¡mon

Banned
Didn't sony say last year to expect like 15 exclusives in the first year? I think they said that during E3.
Microsoft said 15 and then Sony went like "well yeah we've got 20".

They are pretty close, I believe, if you include all the SCE published games (so that'll also include some digital only titles, like Resogun).

Zabuza

Banned
Why would Driveclub not count because it got delayed? So if Order releases 2015 it counts as a 2014 title because of the delay? Stupid logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom