• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) VGLeaks: Final Fantasy VII Remake releasing in 2017 and coming to PC in 2018

RK128

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Strongly, strongly doubt this is happening on Vita.......but I would love to be dead wrong.

FF15 not on PC until mid 2018? O_O
Why would FF15 and FF7 remake release at the same time...

Holding hope for FF15 mid 2017.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'm doubtful FFVI Episode 1 will release next year when they already have Dragon Quest XI, Nier, and probably Kingdom Hearts 3 as well.

Mikey Jr.

I don't believe that ff7 releases in 2017.

I fucking hope though.

Also, this "Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card."

sounds WAAAAAY too good to be true.

Audioboxer

Best thing about the above but considering how long it took to port FF7 PC... lol no. Want something like that so badly though. FF8 and FF9 on PS4 with trophies.... Fucking yes.

FF13 Trilogy on PS4.... Yeah, no thanks.

FF7 remake in 2017? Highly doubt it. I mean I know they are cutting it up but I still think 2018 for first part.

orochi91

giphy.gif
Lmao

Hexa

I'm calling bullshit.
Would all those games even fit on a Vita cart? The max for that is 8GB I think.

Also, why would all the XIII games be on separate discs? All of it could fit in a 50GB Blu-Ray, unless they want to put in like 4k cutscenes or something.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No fucking way it makes 2017, unless it really is episodic ... and the first episode is really small.

Anniversary collection sounds nice but if it's bug free and has some impr Cements made to it which i doubt. Ff7R in 2017 would push next year to legendary status but will wait and see rather than get excited about a rumour.

Vamphuntr

XIII collection will be controversial... but I do know it will pretty up very nicely. 4K mode on PS4 Pro, please.

You can't even have stable 60FPS with XIII on PC with a much better GPU don't expect much the game has pretty bad framepacing issues. Easy to do with Lightning returns though. The steam rumor read more like a logical expectation. FFT, CT, and FFI-II-XII are the only one not on steam and have ports already out or in the works on another hardware. Having FFXV PC ready only in 2018 isn't much of a surprise given SE incompetence.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
YAAAY.

I knew they could hti the 20 year anniversary!

I guess no KH3 next year then..? Well KH 1.5 and 2.5 are coming out for PS4 and 2.8 as well...

*EDIT*

Jason crushing those hopes as usual.

Aggelos

If an episode of FF7Remake is going to be released in 2017, what kind of explanation should we give on the fact that FF7R disappeared entirely this year.
Better yet, Nomura said that development was progressing smoothly.

first let's wait for E3 2017 to see if it re-emerges again, and then we'll see...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This should be highlighted:

This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card. It will include two versions of Final Fantasy I to VI: original versions from NES/SNES and modern ports (mostly mobile ports). FF VII to XI will be based only in newest ports. Final Fantasy II and III from NES will receive an official English translation (first time). Games will be based on Japanese versions, therefore we will be able to play parts that were cut out when games were released overseas. Graphical censorship included in some titles when they were released outside Japan will remain. The collection will have a built-in art gallery and a sound test menu to play songs from games included.

Way too much. I believe 7-R and Zodiac Age, maybe the Legacy Collection, but XIII-Collection AND a season pass with all those games PLUS PC releases by the end of the year?

Square Enix would be crazy. But then again, they got Jamie Oliver to do a XV influenced menu so what do I know.

Best wishes.

Ōkami;226077608 said:
Final Fantasy VII, VIII & IX wouldn't fit on a single vita card, even if they were the original PS1 versions.

It's possible they could be downloads like how X-2 was handled on the Vita.

Not even a big JRPG or FF fan but I think I might even get that anniversary disc. Never beat any FF game and I've only ever owned FFX. Yes, you can send the hate mail now

If an episode of FF7Remake is going to be released in 2017, what kind of explanation should we give on the fact that FF7R disappeared entirely this year.
Better yet, Nomura said that development was progressing smoothly.

first let's wait for E3 2017 to see if it re-emerges again, and then we'll see...

To focus entirely on XV this year? Hell even Kingdom Hearts 3 took a backseat so that they can throw everything at XV this year. It's the games 20th anniversary itself, the first part is definitely coming next year.

Ganado

I'm down for the FF13 Trilogy on PS4.

Locked 1080p/60fps would be interesting, if true.

Gonna need that dual audio, tho.

They couldn't even fix 60fps on PC. If this is true and it is 60fps on PS4, it'd be great if they'd fix the PC versions too.

Top Bottom