• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) VGLeaks: Final Fantasy VII Remake releasing in 2017 and coming to PC in 2018

Exentryk

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Season Pass:
– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

More at http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
XIII collection will be controversial... but I do know it will pretty up very nicely. 4K mode on PS4 Pro, please.

Saw this in the Vita thread and wondered if there was a dedicated thread for it.

That's a lot in one year, but then again Squeenix have done a lot this year. Awesome if true, but sounds too good to be true in some ways.

Despite that, I find myself on #teamreal though.

Interesting. Look forward to seeing FFVIIR again to have an idea on how much progress has been made. Like rumors for KH3, I don't really have much faith in them until I see a trailer with some meat to these games. Last time we saw VIIR it showed the first area of the game with sub-30 FPS gameplay.

MattyG

Banned
That Anniversary Collection... please. PLEASE.

Not really sure I'm buying this one. Too good to be true.

Orayn

FFXIII Remasters are a safe bet, but 2017 still sounds too early for FFVII:R unless the episodes are a lot smaller than initially suggested.

Bluth54

I hope Chrono Trigger coming to Steam in 2017 is true, it's so stupid that they haven't put it on Steam yet.

dracula_x

This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Nice if true.

On the hypothetical that the rumor is true, I'll horrifyingly be buying all of that. I'd be surprised by Square releasing both FFXII TZA and the XIII trilogy in one year as much as anything else, especially when there is KH 2.8 and KH 1.5+2.5 collection coming, too. I would think they might want to stagger their remasters a lot more. Stormblood comes out next year too, right?

TheXbox

Bullshit. You're not getting four Final Fantasy remakes/remasters in one year.

They need to hurry up and get I-VI on PS4, though, and not those trash mobile versions.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The FF Collection were true, does that mean 9 sets of trophies for the games?

I hope the 30th anniversary is much better than the 25th anniversary coz we only got Theatrhythm in that year.

orochi91

I'm down for the FF13 Trilogy on PS4.

Locked 1080p/60fps would be interesting, if true.

Gonna need that dual audio, tho.

Didn't these guys say the Uncharted DLC was about Sam?

Let's Play Video Games also reported that, and they've got a lot of other things right lately, so I wouldn't discount this based on that (although there are obviously other reasons to doubt it).

Edit: Actually, same source as LPVG and associates for that one:

Zhao_Yun

All these games wouldn't even fit on one Vita Card.

o9LsSwY.gif

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

0w5UAMX.gif

Didn't these guys say the Uncharted DLC was about Sam?

giphy.gif

StereoVsn

It would be crazy if SE to lose out on the game's hype and release XV on PC in freaking 2018. Of course that's SE but it would be dumb even for them.

I can believe XIII series releasing on PS4, but why? How much sales could they possibly get from that?

As to FFVIIR releasing in 2017? tiduslaugh.gif. Not going to happen.

I can't believe they'd make a collection of the first 9 Final Fantasy games. I feel like they'd rather sell them separately for more money.

Top Bottom