• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor) VGLeaks: Final Fantasy VII Remake releasing in 2017 and coming to PC in 2018

Loris146

http://vgleaks.com/ps4-presentation-confirmed-leaks-and-what-can-we-expect-for-e3-2013/

Uncharted 4. Boat and storm.
Square-Enix. FF only for PS4. We are not sure about this game, Square could show the game in TGS.
The Last Guardian: PS4 development. Wait for more footage this E3, maybe the next TGS.
Gran Turismo 6. In works in an early stage. I guess they are still not going to show the game this year. They have DriveClub and they must promote it.
Their E3 2013 games list lol

Nategc20

Banned
That collection along with the ff7 remake and the ff12 remaster are legit system sellers. No reason to pass them up.

That collection sounds very hard to believe, especially from Square Enix. If they were to make something like that, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see it priced at hundreds of dollars as a "limited collectors item".

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

As much as I'd love for that to happen (as well as FFVIIR in 2017), it's too good to be true.

Most of this just seems like stuff that's fairly plausible to come up with rather than being a serious leak. The first episode of VII Remake releasing next year is a bit optimistic, but I think it's possible. Also, it seems pretty likely that it'll be ported to PC at some point when you look at SE's recent support of the platform.

Vashetti

Banned
I hope the XIII thing is true at least. I need to finish Lightning Returns but really don't want to do it on PS3, it looks and runs so bad.

Shredderi

No way is FF7R first episode ready by 2017. The game hasn't been in full development for that long and these games never finish quickly, which 2017 would be for a project of this magnitude.

WadeitOut

I'll get the 13 collection just to finally play Lightning returns. Platinumed the hell out of 13 and 13-2.

Really wish there was a FF12 remaster though.

Arc07

Strongly, strongly doubt this is happening on Vita.......but I would love to be dead wrong.

It'll probably be like the physical version of the X|X-2 HD Remaster where I-VI are on the cart and you get download codes for VII-IX.

Lynx_7

I highly doubt we'll be seeing FF VII part 1 before late 2018 at the earliest.

I desperately hope the bit about Final Fantasy Tactics coming to Steam is true though. I've been waiting forever. Just can't properly get into the game on my cellphone.
Chrono Trigger would be a nice bonus too.

shira

Sony could put a huge damper on Switch if that 7R is near March.

I could see myself getting a Pro instead of a Switch.

That 2018 on PC fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ridley327

You know, I don't think that you would be able to fit FFVII-IX on one Vita card, let alone with six other games that would likely be based on versions with CG cutscenes.

cvxfreak

Too much for one year? I distinctly remember FF games coming out almost every single month during most of 2007 (at least in Japan).

Apr - FFXII Revenant Wings, FFI PSP
May - FFT PSP
Jun - FFII PSP
Jul - ?
Aug - FFCC Ring of Fate
Sep - Crisis Core
Oct - FFT PSP
Nov - FFXI expansion
Dec - FFIV

There is no way square would make that collection, that's too much game for one purchase. They literally thrive because idiots like me rebuy the same games every other year.

Hellraider

Too much for one year? I distinctly remember FF games coming out almost every single month during most of 2007 (at least in Japan).

Apr - FFXII Revenant Wings, FFI PSP
May - FFT PSP
Jun - FFII PSP
Jul - ?
Aug - FFCC Ring of Fate
Sep - Crisis Core
Oct - FFT PSP
Nov - FFXI expansion
Dec - FFIV

2017, party like it's 2007!

Ōkami

It's possible they could be downloads like how X-2 was handled on the Vita.

It'll probably be like the physical version of the X|X-2 HD Remaster where I-VI are on the cart and you get download codes for VII-IX.
The rumor explicitly says they're all on the cart.

Sony could put a huge damper on Switch if that 7R is near March.

I could see myself getting a Pro instead of a Switch.

That 2018 on PC fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
The game we haven't seen footage of for over a year is coming out near march, sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There have been fake rumors about 1-9 "on one disc" since the early PS2 era, before three even had a Western release.

FingerBang

Ok, I have a friend working at SE HQ and we talked about FF7R (and Kingdom Hearts 3) on Saturday. He's not a developer (he's in marketing) but he told me both FF7R and KH3 could come out by the end of 2017. They are done with the engine, so things are moving faster now.

He knew absolutely nothing about the PC version of FFXV.

BTW, he was really surprised with the good reception of FFXV. He wanted to die when the game was delayed (he became busy AF) and kinda started worrying it was going to be disappointing.

Any chance for release on xbox?
Considering the preorders for 15 on xbox.... no.

Ok, I have a friend working at SE HQ and we talked about FF7R (and Kingdom Hearts 3) on Saturday. He's not a developer (he's in marketing) but he told me both FF7R and KH3 could come out by the end of 2017. They are done with the engine, so things are moving faster now.

He knew absolutely nothing about the PC version of FFXV.

BTW, he was really surprised with the good reception of FFXV. He wanted to die when the game was delayed (he became busy AF) and kinda started worrying it was going to be disappointing.
My uncle works at nintendo, he said switch is going to have a new eternal darkness.

Gurnlei

The huge collection isn't too big of a stretch. During a sale you could get III-IX on PC for ~$60.

Still think it's fake though.

Eila

Why make a super compilation like they used to do before digital stores when you can just sell each game separately like they do on steam? I doubt that part very much.

Foffy

Banned
I would hope the VII Remake starts coming out soon.

I would also imagine if this is true, it's because UE4 is a fucking godsent compared to their proprietary tank engines.

Cyberconnect2 helping with development would also likely help "link" the framework between the remake releases, making them quick releases. I mean, HITMAN Season Two is coming next year; the physical release of Season One isn't out yet, and Season Two got greenlit only a few months ago. I can totally see them aping that style with VII Remake.

Once the framework is made, it perhaps because awfully easy to start building on it.

Top Bottom