• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrokai

Random thought:

Since it would seem most likely that the Cafe is going to be a 360.5 or less (we don't know for sure yet, though), it will probably only receive third party games from this generation and slightly into the next one after the theoretical 2014 release of PS4720. If so, and both Sony and Microsoft decide to make them so powerful that (following the same sell-at-a-loss, make up years later business model) they end up locking Nintendo out of the following generation, I think one of two things could happen (assuming they're way more powerful than the Cafe, and not just a Dreamcast/PS2 to an Xbox/GameCube):

1) Third party support for the Cafe will slowly die after only 2-3 years of games from the PS360 generation or....

2) Third parties won't want to invest in the $60 million dollar budgets Ubisoft claims will be the norm for next generation, as well as smaller developers still flocking to the Cafe and even PS360 if they're still doing well.

There are probably many other scenarios, but I'm just trying to figure out what they're planning. They HAVE to realize this is, like, the most awkward timing for a console launch ever and that prospective "hardcore" gamers already have this gen's power systems that they're content with. So unless they love Nintendo games, they won't see the reason to upgrade. Imo, they'll only be swayed if Nintendo makes a persuasive enough game-changing way of play that the hardcore love OR the graphics stay competitive to the PS4720. Because as much as people don't want to hear it, far too many gamers out there only consider graphics when making a system purchase, not the way it's played.

I don't know. Just brainstorming here!

Bizzyb said:
Last I heard Nintendo was investing in this new technology using holographic data storage. Don't be surprised if the rumors turn out to be true in 2 months

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Data-Storage/Nintendo-Reviving-Holographic-Storage/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/53945/nintendo-exploring-holographic-data-storage

edit: Nintendo has been spending a shit-ton of money in R&D over the last 4 years. Wouldn't surprised me if they have been working on ways to bring this tech to the market. It could also curb piracy. The only reason they went with DVD this generation was because mini DVDs had too many limitations in data storage that ended up really hurting the GameCube and at the time of Wii's launch holographic data storage was still under-developed and unproven.
Piracy would be the only reason for them to tackle holo-storage. Blu-ray would be cheaper anyway.

The question is how well will they be able to hold off hackers?

If it's a 360 level hold-off - if you have to take it apart and do work to hack it, I'd consider that a triumph. The moment that it's a matter popping in a specific game or a burned CD, it's failed.

Pyrokai said:
2) Third parties won't want to invest in the $60 million dollar budgets Ubisoft claims will be the norm for next generation, as well as smaller developers still flocking to the Cafe and even PS360 if they're still doing well.
This is the one that I'm thinking.

They actually tried this last generation with the Wii, but it failed because the 3rd parties failed to underestimate the cost of the HD move, and Nintendo have the credibility to halt the 3rd parties' momentum towards HD.

The 'hold it back to PS2' ship has sailed, but the "Let's not pump up budgets any higher plz" philosophy still has a chance to take hold.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Plinko said:
I'm not sure. If the "hardcore" gamers are truly as obsessive about graphics as they seem to be, having the best graphics on the market could help. Also, having a 1 to 2 year advantage on the competition would probably help as well.

In your mind, what exactly would it take for Nintendo to bring this type of gamer back?
•Launch with a big first party exclusive of a potentially online-intensive Nintendo IP which crosses the line between casuals and core gamers (Smash Bros or Mario Kart), tapping both market and building up an impressive-for-launch userbase.
•Have at least two to three high profile multiplatform 3d parties games, two of those with big online multiplayer communities (FPSes). Release one at launch and the other two within the launch window (4 months).
•Consistent flow of 3d parties releases with enhancement from launch all the way for the first 6 months (then up it up a notch with exclusives); making an effort to have PS360 high profile games on Cafe, day and date.

Bizzyb

Banned
HenryGale said:
I think you're dead wrong. I am really interested in more Kinect games. I just wish the dev support was there day one. Can't wait for E3. I think Kinect is the best motion controller of this genii, the most unique and the most fun. Wasn't big on move, and the Wii just frustrated me, and never felt like it added much, most of the time I just would rather use a standard controller.

Like I said if they can get more extremely compelling and FUN experiences only possible on Kinect then people will stick with it. I just haven't seen anything to suggest that's going to happen. You would Have thought it would have been more than proven by now...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dash Kappei said:
•Launch with a big first party exclusive of a potentially online-intensive Nintendo IP which crosses the line between casuals and core gamers (Smash Bros or Mario Kart), tapping both market and building up an impressive-for-launch userbase.
•Have at least two to three high profile multiplatform 3d parties games, two of those with big online multiplayer communities (FPSes). Release one at launch and the other two within the launch window (4 months).
•Consistent flow of 3d parties releases with enhancement from launch all the way for the first 6 months (then up it up a notch with exclusives); making an effort to have PS360 high profile games on Cafe, day and date.

Love it.

SuperJay

So is one of the reasons Nintendo is talking about Project Cafe soon also one of the reasons they delayed the release of the Nintendo eShop on 3DS? Are we about to see a unified online marketplace across both platforms?

Bizzyb

Banned
If it IS launching this year or even Q1 2012 then Devs have been working on this thing for at least a year now. Which would explain why Wii 3rd party pretty much dried up by last year.

I bet after year 3/4 (2009/2010) of Wii's launch Nintendo was like "Fuck it, let's just get dev kits out by this years end"

Or not...

SuperJay said:
So is one of the reasons Nintendo is talking about Project Cafe soon also one of the reasons they delayed the release of the Nintendo eShop on 3DS? Are we about to see a unified online marketplace across both platforms?

And is one of the reasons they dropped the name WiiShop and just went with eshop

Pyrokai said:
2) Third parties won't want to invest in the $60 million dollar budgets Ubisoft claims will be the norm for next generation, as well as smaller developers still flocking to the Cafe and even PS360 if they're still
it's most likely going to be this. already we hear the developers aching due to costs. more powerful hardware will just make them give up. or keep the PS4/720 at Cafe levels because they refuse to spend any more

agrajag said:
Yeah, but most people realize that PS3 has been out for five years while N6 is a brand new console. $199 for a five year old console is still DAMN expensive.

Tell me about it, I miss the days of Dreamcast *launching* at $199.

wsippel

Banned
BMF said:
Piracy would be the only reason for them to tackle holo-storage. Blu-ray would be cheaper anyway.

The question is how well will they be able to hold off hackers?

If it's a 360 level hold-off - if you have to take it apart and do work to hack it, I'd consider that a triumph. The moment that it's a matter popping in a specific game or a burned CD, it's failed.
Only reason? Not really. While Blu-ray offers sufficient capacity (no real need for 300GB to 1.6TB disks yet), one of the most interesting aspects of holographic storage is the much higher read speed at lower RPM, due to the fact that, unlike traditional optical formats, holographic disks are not read one bit at a time.

JaseMath

Pyrokai said:
Random thought:

Since it would seem most likely that the Cafe is going to be a 360.5 or less (we don't know for sure yet, though), it will probably only receive third party games from this generation and slightly into the next one after the theoretical 2014 release of PS4720. If so, and both Sony and Microsoft decide to make them so powerful that (following the same sell-at-a-loss, make up years later business model) they end up locking Nintendo out of the following generation, I think one of two things could happen (assuming they're way more powerful than the Cafe, and not just a Dreamcast/PS2 to an Xbox/GameCube):

1) Third party support for the Cafe will slowly die after only 2-3 years of games from the PS360 generation or....

There are probably many other scenarios, but I'm just trying to figure out what they're planning. They HAVE to realize this is, like, the most awkward timing for a console launch ever and that prospective "hardcore" gamers already have this gen's power systems that they're content with. So unless they love Nintendo games, they won't see the reason to upgrade. Imo, they'll only be swayed if Nintendo makes a persuasive enough game-changing way of play that the hardcore love OR the graphics stay competitive to the PS4720. Because as much as people don't want to hear it, far too many gamers out there only consider graphics when making a system purchase, not the way it's played.

I don't know. Just brainstorming here!
I think the success of Wii 2 is going to ultimately going to depend on the controller (or lackthereof) and what else it brings to the table other than just being a console, otherwise you're completely right. If it was just a Wii with better visuals, I'd have a hard time being convinced it was worth the money. TBH, I'm kind of sick of Nintendo 1st part titles anyway so that's going to be a big sell for me this time around.

EDIT: I can't believe we've hit a point in the evolution of consoles where how it controls may ultimately decide if a console will be successful or not.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Some of you guys must really have no disposable income. Now I'm not suggesting you should get a second job to enjoy some new console that might be exciting to you, but it is an option.

How would a new Nintendo console appeal to the so called "core" consumer, if it costs less than current-generation consoles? That makes it look weak. There is such a thing as a good being priced too low.

It occurs to me that very few companies are economically going to want another console cycle until 2014. Even then, it may not be critical mass.

What a fucked-up crazy console environment we're in.

wsippel said:
Only reason? Not really. While Blu-ray offers sufficient capacity (no real need for 300GB to 1.6TB disks yet), one of the most interesting aspects of holographic storage is the much higher read speed at lower RPM, due to the fact that, unlike traditional optical formats, holographic disks are not read one bit at a time.

Nintendo could get blu-rays for under 40 I reckon, with USB ones being as low at 70US. With bulk buying n such.
holographic seems to costly, esp. when noone are making the drives.

Anth0ny

Dash Kappei said:
It wouldn't be enough. How many people are going to switch to a new console for non-exclusive online-intensive games when all of their friends are playing the same game on another platform?

I can guarantee that if they market it properly, dudebros will sell their PS3s or 360s to get the ultimate COD experience. I know many who started with a PS3 and picked up 360s two years later.

The question is: Can they market it properly? Nintendo has a HORRIBLE stigma amongst dudebros... unless they make a serious effort to show that, say, the definitive version of Battlefield 3 can only be found on Wii 2, dudebros will continue to call it "kiddy".

Joey Fox said:
Some of you guys must really have no disposable income. Now I'm not suggesting you should get a second job to enjoy some new console that might be exciting to you, but it is an option.

How would a new Nintendo console appeal to the so called "core" consumer, if it costs less than current-generation consoles? That makes it look weak. There is such a thing as a good being priced too low.

It's not always about how much you have to spend, but what else you have to spend on and what amount of time you have to play.

In the middle of your life and career you have incredible expenses and very little free time, particularly if you have kids. My son's hockey makes all consoles seem cheap.

I can afford every system that comes out, but it doesn't make sense to do that when I can only carve out a couple of hours a week for gaming time.

wsippel said:
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InPhase_Technologies

Looks like they're shutting down, and they mark a read speed of 20MB/s. Bluray beats that at 5x and is currently available up to 12x - which appears to be at about 10,000 RPM. Do we know what RPM 20MB/s holographic storage runs at?

Dropping InPhase for a moment, lets look at HVD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

Everything there speaks of a high initial cost - $15,000 for the drive and $120-$180 for the discs.

------------------

All of that said, I have no doubt that Terabyte optical discs of some sort will be available and wide-spread in the future, but I have yet to see something that is currently market ready.

Anth0ny said:
I can guarantee that if they market it properly, dudebros will sell their PS3s or 360s to get the ultimate COD experience. I know many who started with a PS3 and picked up 360s two years later.

The question is: Can they market it properly? Nintendo has a HORRIBLE stigma amongst dudebros... unless they make a serious effort to show that, say, the definitive version of Battlefield 3 can only be found on Wii 2, dudebros will continue to call it "kiddy".
Remember how they were courting alpha mom's for the Wii? Maybe they should start courting the King Dudebros. Get a Major Dudebro of their own to be their Dudebro SpokesDude.

Deguello

Anth0ny said:

I think Nintendo will always be referred to as kiddy so long as Mario and Pokemon simply exist on their roster.

It's not enough that Nintendo licenses, publishes, or even makes... whatever isn't kiddy. It has to be either in the absence of Mario and Pokemon, or have it be Mario and Pokemon who does said non-kiddy actions.

Until Mario starts slitting throats and busting caps in asses, he's always be kiddy, as will Nintendo. And as long as Nintendo resists... I'll love them all the more for it.

wsippel

Banned
nephilimdj said:
Nintendo could get blu-rays for under 40 I reckon, with USB ones being as low at 70US. With bulk buying n such.
holographic seems to costly, esp. when noone are making the drives.
I don't expect Nintendo to use holographic storage, all I said is that the technology has it's benefits. Also, Nintendo researched the use of holographic storage for handheld systems, not home consoles. They seemingly designed a DS cartridge containing a small holographic disk instead of expensive mask ROMs or flash.

Dash Kappei said:

I don't think this is nearly enough; I just can't see how Nintendo can lure over a significant portion of the PS3/360 core market (which largely doesn't give a fuck about Nintendo IPs) without getting Western exclusives, whether it's entire games or merely substantive exclusive content. My skepticism in this regard is not exactly salved by the fact that during the Wii era, Nintendo adopted an actively anti-Western-core development strategy, which led to the cancellation of at least three original core IPs for the system (Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Sphear, and Knight Wars).

They may be reaching out to Western developers, but they'll have to pull off one hell of a hat trick at E3 to convince me that they actually understand the market - or, at least, that NCL is willing to grant sufficient autonomy to those at its Western subsidiaries who actually do.

KAL2006

Banned
Anth0ny said:

I doubt the dudebros will abandon PS3 or 360 just for a better looking COD. They are now invested in PSN/Live, it would be hard for them to leave there friends, achievements, and digital games.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think that's almost entirely nonsense. Equivalent hardware + massive audience = i don't give a fuck who owns the console, we're making it.

FoneBone

PantherLotus said:
I think that's almost entirely nonsense. Equivalent hardware + massive audience = i don't give a fuck who owns the console, we're making it.
I can't tell which post you're responding to

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
FoneBone said:
I can't tell which post you're responding to

Yeah, thought I could beat the other response, but it's to Father Brain's silly thing about western devs not liking nintendo. Money talks. They don't need western exclusives, they need western ports.

PantherLotus said:
Yeah, thought I could beat the other response, but it's to Father Brain's silly thing about western devs not liking nintendo. Money talks. They don't need western exclusives, they need western ports.

If you think I said anything about Western developers being biased against Nintendo, you're misinterpreting what I wrote.

And no, I simply don't buy that prettier, shinier, smoother ports of PS360 games are going to make any significant percentage of the HD core market switch platforms. Getting same-day releases of multiplatform games is certainly a prerequisite for the success of N6/Cafe in that regard, but that doesn't mean it's at all sufficient to pull it off.

Soroc

Dash Kappei said:
It wouldn't be enough. How many people are going to switch to a new console for non-exclusive online-intensive games when all of their friends are playing the same game on another platform?

This logic is based off the belief that everyone on your friends list is a follower. Most probably are but the difference is there are more than likely a few leaders on your friends list and if they move to another system the others will "follow".

Its kind of how a lot of people migrate to new machines. Its all about who moves first and then the others follow.

FoneBone

PantherLotus said:
They will get Western ports - nobody sane would question that - but I can't see that at all cutting it to sell the hardware to the core market.

megashock5 said:
It's not always about how much you have to spend, but what else you have to spend on and what amount of time you have to play.In the middle of your life and career you have incredible expenses and very little free time, particularly if you have kids. My son's hockey makes all consoles seem cheap.

I can afford every system that comes out, but it doesn't make sense to do that when I can only carve out a couple of hours a week for gaming time
Agreed

swerve

All this 'to the core market' talk is nonsense. They want to sell to everyone, a bit like they did with the DS.

Now, the DS 'core market' may not be the 'dudebros' as I just saw someone saying, but it quickly hit critical mass where it was selling itself through its popularity, and developers were interested because of the huge growth.

Achieve the same thing, and the dudebros will have to follow because the developers will be interested, because this time it will be tech they love *and* the momentum that only Nintendo seem able to foster nowadays.

Deguello said:
I think Nintendo will always be referred to as kiddy so long as Mario and Pokemon simply exist on their roster.

It's not enough that Nintendo licenses, publishes, or even makes... whatever isn't kiddy. It has to be either in the absence of Mario and Pokemon, or have it be Mario and Pokemon who does said non-kiddy actions.

Until Mario starts slitting throats and busting caps in asses, he's always be kiddy, as will Nintendo. And as long as Nintendo resists... I'll love them all the more for it.

That was so beautifully said.

Taiser

Lupin the Wolf said:
This is a popular misunderstanding. Sony doesn't own (or mostly own) Blu-ray, it's owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association, which is made up of several entertainment tech companies like Philips and Panasonic. Sony just really wanted it to succeed (and they probably had a lot invested in it, too), hence its usage in the PS3.

not really a misunderstanding. Sony, Philips and Panasonic are the major players in the Blu-ray Disc Association; holding the most patents... iirc Sony even owns the Blu-ray logo.

so yea, adopting blu-ray = indirectly french kissing Sony.

Gvaz

Banned
Vinci said:
How about we define 'casual' and 'hardcore' the following way, for balance?

CASUALS play games less because they have more important priorities in life than amassing some imaginary binary by which to measure their existence against others'.

HARDCORE think - subsconsciously, at least - that at some point this imaginary number will garner them fame and fortune, though they're unclear of the details how.
I think it's more like:

CASUALS don't want to spend a lot of time on mechanics, don't mind handholding, want everything to be consolidated and streamlined because it otherwise takes too much effort or they find it too vague. Casuals don't scrutinize they just roll with it.

HARDCORE want some mechanics that casuals have no patience for, hardcore fans scrutinize to the point of pendantic-try, they want a challenge, they don't have patience for things that don't offer a challenge

Hiltz

It would be funny if Nintendo strikes up a deal with Bungie and Activision Blizzard to make an FPS for Wii's successor.

If Nintendo launches this console too early, then I'm sure we'll see a bunch of lazy multiplatform ports. I suppose that's better than casual shovelware.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I always thought the people who only played COD and/or Madden, or the people who only played one type of genre should be called "casual."

JCRedeems

Banned
Joey Fox said:

I'm speaking for myself here... I have disposable income but it's just that I'm selective in what I spend it on. I've been gaming off and on since Atari 2600 and what I see in many video games is old and tired to me. It's like been there, done that. What interested me in the Wii was that it was completely different and that is why it is the only console I own. If the next Wii is simply a graphical upgrade with tweaks to the Wiimote then I'm going to pass. I just don't think it would be worth it to invest another $250 for a similar gaming experience. Gimme something entirely new or bust.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
You know, I don't get how Nintendo games = repulsive to dudebros. Maybe during the 16-bit era older gamers thought "Nintendo games are for kids" but nowadays the majority of gamers have a healthy amount of respect for games like Mario, Zelda, etc. If Nintendo can attract 3rd parties into creating a good library of games for Project Cafe, Nintendo's first party games can be an asset, not a liability.

Taiser said:
not really a misunderstanding. Sony, Philips and Panasonic are the major players in the Blu-ray Disc Association; holding the most patents... iirc Sony even owns the Blu-ray logo.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:vvrqe6.3.3

You remembered incorrectly, I'm afraid.

Owner (REGISTRANT) Blu-ray Disc Association nonprofit mutual benefit corporation CALIFORNIA 10 Universal City Plaza, T-100 Universal City CALIFORNIA 91608

Sony, Philips and Panasonic might own a lot of patents, but in the tech industry, this sort of thing does happen. It's not like Sony is getting all the royalties from each disk drive made anyway. They just a portion of a tiny royalty per unit. Nintendo avoided paying out DVD-Video royalties on their Wii system, however, and who's to say they won't do something similar here?

Sullichin

"Slightly better than 360" is good enough for me, if that means HD Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. More than anything I just want the new system to work well enough with a desk setup playing on a monitor.

NEO0MJ

richiek said:
You know, I don't get how Nintendo games = repulsive to dudebros. Maybe during the 16-bit era older gamers thought "Nintendo games are for kids" but nowadays the majority of gamers have a healthy amount of respect for games like Mario, Zelda, etc.

Nope, most don't even know what they are. I feel so sad at stores when clerks suggest the wii to parents and than the kids go all:

"No way, those games are lame. I want COD and GTA"

It seems that the idea that N games are lame is ingrained into their heads.

Two sticks, Touch screen and integrated camera. Got something here:

earlymockupznmx.jpg

Looks comfortable to boot and for selecting it'll be a matter of just point and shoot. Shooters cool rule in this thing.

NEO0MJ said:
It seems that the idea that N games are lame is ingrained into their heads.

Of course.

Children - especially boys - want to grow up and be seen to grow up. Sony sells the dream of being 21 years old, adulthood beckoning but the trappings of youth still around you. Microsoft sells the dream of being an 18 year old, living at home with the family. Nintendo sells the dream of fantasy and carefree youth.

A boy growing up after playing Pokemon from the ages of 5-8 is going to naturally want to grow up and be a teenager and leave those things behind. Its not sad or weird. He will return to those things when he's mature and realises he can decide for himself how to be an adult. What's sad and weird is an adult saying 'Mario is for kids' and dismissing it. I don't begrudge a kid for thinking that, but I would an adult.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wolves Evolve said:
Of course.

Children - especially boys - want to grow up and be seen to grow up. Sony sells the dream of being 21 years old, adulthood beckoning but the trappings of youth still around you. Microsoft sells the dream of being an 18 year old, living at home with the family. Nintendo sells the dream of fantasy and carefree youth.

A boy growing up after playing Pokemon from the ages of 5-8 is going to naturally want to grow up and be a teenager and leave those things behind. Its not sad or weird. He will return to those things when he's mature and realises he can decide for himself how to be an adult. What's sad and weird is an adult saying 'Mario is for kids' and dismissing it. I don't begrudge a kid for thinking that, but I would an adult.

Well said.

Deguello

I read a lot here that the timing of Nintendo's launch would be awkward because its so early in comparison to their competition.

It's interesting to remember that the original Playstation was launched in 1994 in Japan, only two weeks after Donkey Kong Country came out. Same deal in the U.S., when it came out in 1995 two months before Donkey Kong Country 2.

It launched with a port of Doom and the original Ridge Racer as its best games. It would be almost two whole years before the games that became iconic for the system would appear. Somehow I think Nintendo will be able to create a little more early demand than that.

wsippel

Banned
BMF said:
Source?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InPhase_Technologies

Looks like they're shutting down, and they mark a read speed of 20MB/s. Bluray beats that at 5x and is currently available up to 12x - which appears to be at about 10,000 RPM. Do we know what RPM 20MB/s holographic storage runs at?

Dropping InPhase for a moment, lets look at HVD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

Everything there speaks of a high initial cost - $15,000 for the drive and $120-$180 for the discs.
As I already said, I don't expect Nintendo to use that kind of tech, but I consider the topic interesting nevertheless. The problem with InPhase is that they stopped developing consumer products years ago. Their latest roadmap is from 2007:
http://www.inphase-tech.com/downloads/pdf/products/2007TapestryProductBrochure.pdf

Back then, they expected to achieve sustained read speeds of 120MB/s in consumer products within four to six years. It seems they stopped working on actual products like Tapestry years ago, but research continued until at least 2009. Nobody really knows what's going on at InPhase, though, or how much money Nintendo invested in the company. I believe I've once read $15 million in 2008, but I can't find the source anymore.

RPM are generally very low for holographic drives, because the system doesn't read one bit at a time, but one page at a time. There's no lens like in a traditional optical drive, but a scanner similar to the CCD chip in a digital camera. You don't increase the RPM to get a higher transfer speed, you increase the scanner resolution. An early prototype by InPhase from 2005 used a page size of almost 1 million bits, and achieved a transfer rate of 27MB/s: http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_dvd/dvd_holo.htm

Also, the prices you quoted are estimates for datacenter grade drives and writeable media produced in very small quantities, including development costs. Mass market prices would be completely different.

sfried

Taiser said:

Unless...mini-BDs?

I don't if this has mentioned before, referring to the touchscreen on the controller. A thought occurred to me. "On the fly", being able to change in game opitions on the fly. Game is to dark and you want to adjust the brightness. What devs gives us now is cool but in a limited fashion. So you've paused the game with a still image on your HDTV, using the touchscreen you move the slider while looking at the still image of the game.

Say you don't like the placement of the HUD, move it to where you prefer. How about your loadout, you've got a shotgun, pistol, and rifle. Want to make some changes, at the moment its a time consuming task, but the game clock is ticking and the match is about to start. What if you have a screen displaying the options screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom