• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

Welfare

Maybe I'm insane, but I'm kind of assuming a downloadable title here.

I always assumed that if MS were to make a new Battletoads, they'd gauge interest by doing something like a 3D remake of the first game. I'm not expecting anything bigger than that with the main team on Sea of Thieves.

Sure if you ignore Nintendos existence ;)

Which most do.

Anyway. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope they remove rewind from FH3. Takes the challenge out of it and before people claim "don't use it" the tracks are designed with it in mind. You cannot ignore it.

If people need an equaliser, add nitrous.

If Dead Rising 3 is anything to go by, then they can keep Dead Rising 4.

Just re-release Dead Rising 1 and let me replay the best Dead Rising.

Odorono

Banned
Which most do.

Anyway. I know it's wishful thinking, but I hope they remove rewind from FH3. Takes the challenge out of it and before people claim "don't use it" the tracks are designed with it in mind. You cannot ignore it.

I agree but it's not going to happen. Many people don't want challenge and the rest of us have to suffer for it lol.

Which most do.

Out of curiosity, how can a track be designed with 'it in mind'? As in, I see the concept but I don't see how it actually affects execution. You can drive any FH2 track/course without using rewind.

Battletoads has five vehicle stages. Hey remember when Platinum could do games with great vehicle controls like Bayonetta and Korra? I sure don't.

Battletoads has three stages within the game that involves either going down or going up, restricting how much you can punch due to either the reduced traction of the game play space or the fact that falling to the floor = death.

There's only like, one genuine boss battle in the original NES game. And that was dreadful from both a difficulty to design standpoint.

So when people say "lol Platinum should make a Battletoads game!!!!" They have to consider like do you want another Platinum action game with the Battletoads skin? Because both the NES/Genesis releases of the game are more than just punching shit.

Not to mention Platinum's licensed games track record is abysmal. Korra and Turtles were hot garbage and Transformers was decent enough I suppose. I would rather have them work on passion projects than being Sunsoft 2.0.

Battletoads games have variety and Platinum sucks ass at variety.

This is a bit ridiculous bro. Your just messing around right?

Strootman

Which most do.

I played without using it, and had no problem.

If you hit a tree then restart the race or keep racing.

jelly

Australia in RSC2 was amazing but not sure I'm too enthusiastic about FH being just that. Could be a bit dull and flat but those dust clouds will be something else.

Watch out for those Kangaroos.

Strootman

Australia in RSC2 was amazing but not sure I'm too enthusiastic about FH being just that. Could be a bit dull and flat but those dust clouds will be something else.

Kangaroo-crossing-the-road.jpg

creatchee

I've recently changed my mind on DR3 since I doubled dipped and got it on PC. It is flat out impressive maxed out at 60FPS. I know that it "appears" to be missing a lot of the humor of the first two, but it's still there. I just fought a morbidly obese lady in a motorized wheelchair while I was wearing a shark cosplay while wielding a gun that fires dildos and a flaming reaper scythe.

GlamFM

Banned

Australia is not just one big fucking desert dude.

I've recently changed my mind on DR3 since I doubled dipped and got it on PC. It is flat out impressive maxed out at 60FPS. I know that it "appears" to be missing a lot of the humor of the first two, but it's still there. I just fought a morbidly obese lady in a motorized wheelchair while I was wearing a shark cosplay while wielding a gun that fires dildos and a flaming reaper scythe.

It definitely isn't missing humor, it's just that the humor seems to fall flat for me. The overall gameplay seems to be lacking something as well. Hard to explain, but it definitely feels a bit lifeless overall. I think the map they went for was too big.

I might give it another chance now that I've upgraded my PC.

Alx

I'm all for a new beat'em up (if it's good), but I still don't understand all the love for Battletoad. Sure I wasn't aware of its existence at the time, but I played the games through Rare replay and didn't find them really special.

RoKKeR

FWIW, from the OP on reddit:

I'm definitely not an insider. I'm just someone who knows how to find things on XBL that are not accessible for the public.
I obviously can't find new IPs since I don't know what I need to look for. It's just too much source code. I needed like four days just for the stuff listed at the top. I barely scratched the surface, but I also need to do other things you know. Sry

Zeta Oni

This leak is too obvious imo, most of us could guess this stuff already. None of it comes out and really strikes me as something unbelievable.

Also, says nothing about the new halo announcement, scalebound or crackdown being there, and overall just seems like its playing wayyy too obvious.

Although if all this info came from a leaked video launching today, I guess we will see.

This is the kind of leaks I rather not read. The problem is when they do arrive I am always too curious to not check them out. I liked last year when barely anything had leaked.

It would surprise me if there's nothing hardware related, not even a slim. Could mean the info about slim and better Xbox are BS after all. But I take all this with a grain of salt as well.

As much as I like Dead Rising, I've got to agree. I enjoyed DR3 but the series has gotten gradually worse since DR1.

Going for a "generic" open world setting like a city didn't quite fit with the memorable world design for previous Dead Risings. I could probably still remember how to get to the supermarket, or the gun store, or the antique weapon store in Dead Rising 1. Same goes for shortcuts and the different zones of the mall. With Dead Rising 3, it was a plain city, 4 districts, each basically the same, you could find a gun store on every corner, or decent food wherever you wanted, navigation just wasn't as important.

Another important issue was that they blatantly stapled "Nightmare mode" on when they realised they'd forgotten it. The timer makes Dead Rising what it is, and yet, even in the mode they intended original Dead Rising players to play, I was never constrained by the time.

I expect them to announce the 360 Dead Rising's for backwards compatibility, but it'd be great if Dead Rising 4 was a return to form.

Yes, but they could still show a teaser or something.
https://twitter.com/undeadlabs/status/730749105966882818

I think that's the head of the studio organising a dinner with fans. Doesn't mean they're not gonna have a trailer or something similar though.

Synth

Which most do.

Bullshit. I've had the rewind off consistently. If you're saying the "tracks are made for it", what you're really saying is that you utilise the rewind because you're fucking up. What would cause the tracks to not be made for it, which doesn't also contradict your argument of "takes the challenge out of it". You don't like the rewind.. don't use it. It shouldn't be removed for those that it's helping to enjoy the game, who otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Funnily enough, I actually had just made a post in the "Now-classic games you didn't like when they were new" thread, which illustrates why I hate seeing people argue that optional shit that helps a player learn/enjoy the game should be removed, simply because those that dislike it are apparently too weak-willed to just turn it off, whilst proclaiming how much they appreciate challenge, and that people should just get good.

Gran Turismo. When I first saw the trailer for it I was so impressed by the graphics that I was convinced it was going to be the greatest racing game of all time. Of course having grown up entirely on a diet of arcades racers I was horrified by the game's handling, and proclaimed it to be utter shite.

I avoided the series after that, skipping over Gran Turismo 2 and 3. Eventually I picked up Sega's F355 Challenge (because AM2 automatically got the benefit of the doubt), and the racing line in that helped me to learn how I should be approaching driving in these sorts of games, and I began to really enjoy it, and eventually no longer required it. I picked up Gran Turismo 4 afterwards and fucking loved it.

EDIT: This was the trailer.

theWB27

Out of curiosity, how can a track be designed with 'it in mind'? As in, I see the concept but I don't see how it actually affects execution. You can drive any FH2 track/course without using rewind.

They aren't and it's such a silly notion to say it is. Rewind is in motorsport so that dispels the notion that a whole map would be designed around a single feature.

One might as well say the tracks are designed around having the game break for you.

I have a hard time thinking of a good battletoads game in 2016. It's such an 90s IP, like the street sharks dudes. Really I was just hoping for Banjo-Threeie but oh well.

Especially after those leaks from Kotaku and Polygon it would be odd if that's all there is to it. Plus the fact that Phil Spencer today said MS is doing things they haven't done before at E3. So that should mean something. I'm glad we'll soon find d out.

Top Bottom