• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

Leyasu

Banned
They need to get rid of the "one" name. A rebrand makes sense. Get the bad memories of "that" console out of peoples thoughts before a new one launches

daveo42

Banned
Try the MP4 link, YouTube is being a pain and keeps putting ads on the video but when I try to disable them it blocks the video.

If need I can upload to Gamersyde. https://a.uguu.se/kuXKY3QWFtNt.mp4

Basically a "get hype" video for E3 without really showing anything to get hyped about. Whole lot of nothing to see here. Not even a tease outside of the generic stuff you would expect out of an E3 conference.

Azerth

The guy who originally said we would be getting a video saud there was nothing new in it except the redesign. Idk why everyone thought differently

theWB27

They need to get rid of the "one" name. A rebrand makes sense. Get the bad memories of "that" console out of peoples thoughts before a new one launches

You'd have to completely ignore the turnaround over the years to still associate "one" with something bad.

Let's hope the stream doesn't cough and splutter like it normally does at E3. The Gamescom stream is normally much better for me.

Probably because I'm from the country of Europe :)

If need I can upload to Gamersyde. https://a.uguu.se/kuXKY3QWFtNt.mp4
IpDAgCi.gif

Nibel

The content of the video isn't the point

It's that the leaker knew about it before we've seen it. But I don't know if the video was available to see before he made the post or not

Edit: Ekim just confirmed to me that the Reddit leaker knew about the video before it hit the dashboard... things getting interesting

etta

my hard graphic balls
I dunno, I really like the new colors being brighter, and the design looks a little more flat. Comparing it with the old design with silver letters on black/dark bckground, I really dig the new one. It does look a bit more retro with the neon-ish green.

Let's hope the stream doesn't cough and splutter like it normally does at E3. The Gamescom stream is normally much better for me.

Probably because I'm from the country of Europe :)

Don't use the Xbox stream, use YouTube or Twitch. Xbox and PlayStation's own streams always had problems for me.

I dunno, I really like the new colors being brighter, and the design looks a little more flat. Comparing it with the old design with silver letters on black/dark bckground, I really dig the new one. It does look a bit more retro with the neon-ish green.

After seeing the teaser, I think I want a white Xbox one slim with white packaging refusing like the 360.

Xumbrega

Banned
So.. he updated some things about the leak

Rare is working on a new Battletoads (maybe just the Rare name though like at the Killer Instinct reveal trailer, game could also co-developed by another studio)

Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, prob "available now" at E3 for preview

Based on the hundreds of lines of source code these are most logical things I could catch within the past few days. There is so much more, but it's really difficult for me to determine what is still relevant, what is just old data and so on. I also see many Conker tags and connections, but I can't find anything concrete about it. So this could mean nothing. I only wrote down the things that will most likely be accurate and are based on recent data updates.

That's all I have for now. Nothing on hardware, sry.

TalonJH

That mostly sounds believable. What happened to the good old days when every e3 rumor was insane and obviously not happening.

Edit: Teaser was pretty weak but you can't expect them to actually ruin any surprises.

ekim

The content of the video isn't the point

It's that the leaker knew about it before we've seen it. But I don't know if the video was available to see before he made the post or not

Edit: Ekim just confirmed to me that the Reddit leaker knew about the video before it hit the dashboard... things getting interesting

BC I talked about it on the weekend. :p

So what is the general concensus so far on this new leaker? Likely nonsense or still very much up in the air?

I really wonder why that Mike Ybarra is so excited though.

_woLf

If that list is true, it's incredibly underwhelming.

I do not want Rare to waste their time making a new Battletoads game.

Zukkoyaki

Honestly, I think this is fake because it's a little too plausible. Literally anyone could have predicted that line-up of new games. No, it's too obvious.

Though if it is true, that would be a solid E3 in my opinion; Age of Empires returning is legit megaton territory.

Salty Hippo

I bet Battletoads was Spencer's idea in the very first place. No one asked for it, but thanks for shoving it down our throats, Phil.

what they will tell us in next few hours?

https://twitter.com/DavidP1812/status/737655298945613824

Maybe I don't understand it correctly.

Probably a initiative to do Xbox viewing parties around the world or something. It was a success for Sony, so I would be surprised if MS doesn't follow up with a similiar concept.

In regards to Battletoads, there must have been something in development at some point. The Phantom Dust article from Kotaku mentioned, that the developers were explicitely told that Battletoads was an IP that was off the table. So either MS really did not want to use it, or it was already given to someone else at that point in time.

Top Bottom