• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: GBA games finally coming to the Nintendo eshop?

Jarsonot

I'm an ambassador too and would love to see the games for sale - it'd lead to MORE games for me! =)

They can use the ambassador games to fill the gaps in weeks they don't have new ones, keep 'em flowing for awhile, give them more time to ... do whatever the hell takes them so goddamn long to get the games up. =)

And hey, ambassadors still got the games all for "free" and way earlier than anyone else. What enjoyment are we supposed to get from denying others these games? Put 'em out there!

Jarsonot

Maybe the games are taking awhile so they'll be compatible with the new 3DS version of Miiverse. Announced at the same time as unified accounts, update available... NOW!

Or maybe not. Be cool though.

KevinCow

Banned
Mario Pinball?

That game is fucking diarrhea mixed with vomit mixed with puss and smothered in smegma.

Why in the living fuck would they choose that game over the EIGHT GAJILLION OTHER FANATASTIC FUCKING GAMES ONTHE GBA.

Drill Dozer? Metroid Zero Mission? Advance Wars? Golden Sun? The F-Zero's that aren't the barebones garbage Maximum Velocity and actually have the characters you care about? Stuff that never came to the US like Starfy, Kuru Kuru Kururin, and Fire Emblem 6

And that's before we even touch on all the great third-party games, many of which had woefully limited runs and therefore were played by only a few people.

NOPE! None of that stuff. Instead you get Mario's balls.

Tunavi

Banned
please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true

I want GBA games on my 3DS so badly.

Mario Pinball?

That game is fucking diarrhea mixed with vomit mixed with puss and smothered in smegma.

Why in the living fuck would they choose that game over the EIGHT GAJILLION OTHER FANATASTIC FUCKING GAMES ONTHE GBA.

Drill Dozer? Metroid Zero Mission? Advance Wars? Golden Sun? The F-Zero's that aren't the barebones garbage Maximum Velocity and actually have the characters you care about? Stuff that never came to the US like Starfy, Kuru Kuru Kururin, and Fire Emblem 6

And that's before we even touch on all the great third-party games, many of which had woefully limited runs and therefore were played by only a few people.

You will take those balls and love them.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Honestly the blur and dim picture on you get with GBA games on the 3DS is hideous and personally I find them almost unplayable. I'll stick to my DSLite unless they give them some decent treatment.

Mario Pinball?

Have you even looked how Nintendo and Sony have done their emulated releases? They can't serve the full grade A stuff right away, or else no one would ever buy the B and lower grade. The GBA has a HUGE library of SHITTY games as well as great games and they'll want to make money on ALL of them, not just the good ones.

Javier

Maybe I'm blind or something but I have no problem playing the Ambassador GBA games on my 3DS. The blur isn't anything that takes away from the experience.

I believe that playing the GBA games on 1:1 mode is the same as playing them on a GB Micro, or at least I've been told that, as I haven't tried a GB Micro myself.

Honestly the blur and dim picture on you get with GBA games on the 3DS is hideous and personally I find them almost unplayable. I'll stick to my DSLite unless they give them some decent treatment.

I wish my GBA Micro had as good a screen as the DS Lite has.

The GBA Micro's d-pad and buttons are some of the best I've ever used and perfect for GBA games, but the screen gets lighter along the edge and it has some minor ghosting issues. The DS Lite has a fantastic screen, but the d-pad isn't nearly as good as the Micro, and the orientation of the buttons makes it less comfortable to play some games (holding down the run button and jumping in Mario for example).

I also think I need a new battery for my Micro; I recently played through all of Metroid Fusion and needed to charge at least twice before it was over.

Maybe I'm blind or something but I have no problem playing the Ambassador GBA games on my 3DS. The blur isn't anything that takes away from the experience.

I believe that playing the GBA games on 1:1 mode is the same as playing them on a GB Micro, or at least I've been told that, as I haven't tried a GB Micro myself.

I feel that it depends on the game to some degree. I had no problem with how Wario Ware inc. looked or played, and Metroid Fusion was acceptable if you played in 1:1 mode, but playing Yoshi's Island with ghosting and muted colors is a travesty.

gerudoman

Karnaaj Rally
Lol, this turned out to be good? I thought it was only well known thanks to its infamous cover...

karnaaj-rally.jpg

As much as I love the GBA and its huge library, I own almost every cartridge I'm interested in and I don't think I'll double dip. That being said, I hope we'll get to see Final Fantasy V and VI sooner rather than later since they're impossible to find at a decent price. I'd love to see F-Zero Climax and Mother 3, but I know that's impossible too. As an Ambassador, I'd like to have my GBA games including all the funcionalities like savestates or the possibiliy to access the Home menu, if I don't play them while I'm out it's because I don't want to lose any potential tag, and that's a shame, since WarioWare is the perfect game for the bus/train.

Btw, I've been offered an AGS 101 model for 50€, but since it doesn't include the original package I think it's too pricy, what do you think? Sorry for the OT.

goddamn @ Mana Legend's list, i want like half of those

can you name a more influential forum...?

Sure, There are plenty :). I consider Twitter, their own Facebook Pages, IGN, Game Trailers, Game Informer, Joystiq, Edge Magazine, Famitsu, even the likes of Kotaku and G4, and many more to be far more 'influential' - the sites and places where they've been to, or whose journalists have engaged with the horses' mouths. A few games 'journalists' giving credence to something some guy says in a speculation thread doesn't make NeoGAF 'influential'. In fact, I've never heard a Sony or Microsoft figurehead, or Reggie reference this forum. They don't consider it important enough to reveal exclusives here. Any forum can speculate and occasionally get something right - they're the equivalent of Apple's Cult Of Mac, or some other site which speculates about the iPhone 8, to my mind. With regard to this thread, I find the idea that Nintendo listens to NeoGAF rather ridiculous. They really would be doomed if they did. I don't believe it's a big deal - Never was, and so it shouldn't be, but yeah, that's just my opinion. Hope that answers the question ;). That, and sometimes I'm a bitch.

@MUWANdo

Banned
There was a last time? Meh... that sucks.

The Aussie site had a non-Ambassador GBA game listed for 3DS for almost a year, so every now and again someone would notice it and get all excited about GBA games coming to the eShop, until someone finally sent them an email asking about it and they confirmed it was a screw-up and pulled the listing.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case this time, just that I'm not willing to get excited for anything until I hear an official announcement.

mktrOOp

Banned
Btw, I've been offered an AGS 101 model for 50€, but since it doesn't include the original package I think it's too pricy, what do you think? Sorry for the OT.

It depends on the condition I guess. But 50€ is a decent price; I would love to find such an offer :(

IrishNinja

wait, what did in KevinCow?

it's a few years late, but i'd like to think it was his nail-in-the-coffin DKCR post that chased off Segata, personally

Celegus

The U.S. eShop is currently down, so I'm sure they're uploading the GBA games!
...I can dream.

That's what I was thinking too! My wife was trying to buy something on the eshop and couldn't get in, and I got all pumped that maybe it was GBA time. Then I remembered about reality.

JazzmanZ

So I guess this didn't end up happening ja?

Unless they plan on revealing it at a later date, the whole things bogus for now.

Top Bottom