• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

This is the first time i post here this season but what the actual fuck.

She is perfect, she's beautiful, she looks like Linda Evangelista, she's a model, everything about her is perfect! :(

I can't at this result.

naomicryingsli9k.gif

I haven't felt this sad since Bernard lost the South Carolina primary omg

I love what Valentina represents. Me being originally from the same Mexican city she and her family are, I feel a lot of sympathy for her. I would have never imagined seen Maria Felix references on Drag Race. She is important. Mexican excellence needs to be represented more so now during these Trump times.

Wooo what a queen.

Razmos

God damn that was an epic failure on Valentina's part.

I feel like with all the controversy though people are kinda ignoring that Nina absolutely fucking slayed in the lip synch. Girl knows how to dance.

I could watch Shea and Sasha forever

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ouch, that was unexpected. At least it was a memorable epic failure, but I really wanted to see her turning it out with Nina. Curious to watch the Untucked to see how Valentina acted backstage before the lipsynch.

I'm tired of Alexis coming up with excuses for everything. Hopefully she's gone next.

I'm so upset. Alexis should've been in the bottom, Nina needs to go asap.

Valentina fucked up by not knowing the words but I'm still so sad about the result.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Fuck alexis bitch is trash
I still like Nina but I cannot stand her attitude
Valentina will do well in as3
Untucked will be lit

Shizuka

I think it's clear what'll happen through the rest of the season. Nina's next to go home, then Alexis. Top 4 will be Sasha, Shea, Peppermint and Trinity. Peppermint won't make it to the top 3 and Shea will win. With three wins already and a few episodes left, Shea's pretty much confirmed to win the season.

Razmos

I think it's clear what'll happen through the rest of the season. Nina's next to go home, then Alexis. Top 4 will be Sasha, Shea, Peppermint and Trinity. Peppermint won't make it to the top 3 and Shea will win. With three wins already and a few episodes left, Shea's pretty much confirmed to win the season.
I'd be happy with this. I just hope Alexis goes before Nina.

kirblar

I really hope Alexis goes first, but yeah Ru will totally cut those two and Peppermint pre-F3 if given the opportunity.

She clearly expected Valentina to survive this lip sync.

I mean Valentina deserved to be in the bottom. I know people wanna dislike Alexis coz she's a little obnoxious but she did well in the pilot. Valentina and Nina's thing made zero sense and that's on both of them. Also Valentina didn't know the lip sync song, soooooo.

The disappointment isn't that Valentina was unfairly eliminated, it's that she didn't prepare at all. :(

Razmos

Holy shit, I just realized that Sasha and Shea's couple name would be Sashea.

I love those two so much.

Individually they are brilliant but together they create art

Meh, Alexis' ego was especially bad this episode ("Did you hear the T in Coont?") and her club kid look was weak shit, but this wasn't the one to send her home. We don't really know how much she contributed on the production side of the skit, but she contributed and it was a success.

Nina and Valentina were the right ones to be lip syncing. They went in with only the basic and barest premise and zero script, but couldn't compensate with any good improv. Their performance was all over the place with no direction and they can't even use the excuse that they were too busy on the production side to workshop their performances.

I mean Valentina deserved to be in the bottom. I know people wanna dislike Alexis coz she's a little obnoxious but she did well in the pilot. Valentina and Nina's thing made zero sense and that's on both of them. Also Valentina didn't know the lip sync song, soooooo.

The disappointment isn't that Valentina was unfairly eliminated, it's that she didn't prepare at all. :(

Exactly. Don't be disappointed that Alexis didn't go home. Be disappointed that the other queens didn't do better. If Nina and Valentina had tried, I guarantee it would be only one of them lip syncing with Alexis.

Sydle

I would be fine with this outcome or Sasha taking the crown.

SarusGray

I'm kind of upset I can already predict who is gonna win, just like the bob kimchi and Naomi thing. Oh well, GIMME ALL STARS 3!

Also its a toss up between Valentina or Sasha for miss con. Depends on if the bendala effect happens.

kirblar

I'm kind of upset I can already predict who is gonna win, just like the bob kimchi and Naomi thing. Oh well, GIMME ALL STARS 3!

Also its a toss up between Valentina or Sasha for miss con. Depends on if the bendala effect happens.
It's not the show's fault that Shea's a runaway this season.

It's not the show's fault that Shea's a runaway this season.
Eh, it's a failure of the scripting/editing.

There were times in season 3 where Raja obviously deserved to win but didn't because it would've been too extra. They have a lot of control over that stuff (see: peppermint's picture perfect win last week).

It will be a deserved win though.

Razmos

The fact that there are people going crazy and making threats over Valentina's elimination and saying she was robbed is crazy to me.
They are even blaming Ru Paul for some reason

Like... Did they even watch the same episode? It was clearly Valentina's fault.

Not impressed with the fanbase right now.
I've even seen Pandora Boxx and Bianca Del Rio slamming these fans on facebook.

kirblar

Eh, it's a failure of the scripting/editing.

There were times in season 3 where Raja obviously deserved to win but didn't because it would've been too extra. They have a lot of control over that stuff (see: peppermint's picture perfect win last week).
Shea hasn't been in the bottom, and she's never been close to touching it. You can't edit around that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I came here to echo the same sentiment: people blaming Ru or Nina are insane. I loved her, was mortified for her, but she done royally fucked up.

LEARN👏THE👏DAMN👏SONGS👏BITCHES👏

DONT👏TALK👏BACK👏TO👏YOUR👏MAMA👏

It's called lip sync for your life, not look pretty for your life.

Bye.

Yeah the Ru hate is sad and undeserved and makes me embarrassed to be a Valentina fan. Ru was OBVIOUSLY rooting for Valentina but there was nothing she could do in that situation, it was too fucked.

Okay just saw the show. I love Valentina. She is my favorite but she deserved to go. She also deserve to be in the bottom this week. It was a colossal failure on her part especially with not preparing for the lipsync.

I want her to try again for All-stars 3.

The fans blaming Ru are a bunch of lowlife motherfuckers. They do not deserve a response especially from Rupaul. I hope Valentina calls them out on it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yeah the Ru hate is sad and undeserved and makes me embarrassed to be a Valentina fan. Ru was OBVIOUSLY rooting for Valentina but there was nothing she could do in that situation, it was too fucked.

Yup. Ru gave her a second chance and asked for a reset. Unless this has been edited out in the past— it's unprecedented.

kirblar

Yup. Ru gave her a second chance and asked for a reset. Unless this has been edited out in the past— it's unprecedented.
The last time we saw something like this was Yara back in S3, who melted down and threw away a near-guaranteed F3 slot because she was facing off w/ Alexis.

Adaren

Man, that was hard to watch.

Worst part was Ru's sashay line: "I thought you had the stuff to go all the way." Valentina cracked and deserved to go home...but that was just cold.

Man, that was hard to watch.

Worst part was Ru's sashay line: "I thought you had the stuff to go all the way." Valentina cracked and deserved to go home...but that was just cold.
I understand why though. Ru doesn't like it when you just give up like that, especially when she knows you have actual CUNT. You need to put actual work in. It didn't help that Ru gave her a second chance, even resetting the lipsynch. That shit doesn't happen often, if ever.

Rayis

Just watched Untucked and I could tell Valentina kinda gave up before she even had to lipsync, she just had a lot in her mind, I still love her and it was just a weak moment which cost her the competition, still, perched for her All Stars 3 return where she will earn her crown!

Wilsongt

I haven't felt this sad since Bernard lost the South Carolina primary omg

I love what Valentina represents. Me being originally from the same Mexican city she and her family are, I feel a lot of sympathy for her. I would have never imagined seen Maria Felix references on Drag Race. She is important. Mexican excellence needs to be represented more so now during these Trump times.

Wooo what a queen.

So what you're saying is that Nina is going to go all the way to top 3 and suddenly get defeated by Alexis Michelle?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Valentina 100% deserved to go but it doesn't make me any less salty that Alexis is still there. What an infuriating queen.

Was almost about to stop watching the Untucked because I couldn't take it, but then she came back to her usual sparkly self.

Looking forward to her and Aja in All Stars 3 I guess...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Shizuka

Valentina 100% deserved to go but it doesn't make me any less salty that Alexis is still there. What an infuriating queen.

Was almost about to stop watching the Untucked because I couldn't take it, but then she came back to her usual sparkly self.

Looking forward to her and Aja in All Stars 3 I guess...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

No way Aja makes it to AS3.

Ratrat

That was embarrassing. There have been other queens in the past who didn't know the words. Dance your ass off, turn around, anything to mask it.

tribal24

Banned
That lip syncs was bullshit, Valentina should have been able to keep the mask on. There has been queens dancing around not knowing the words winning , with the other girl lip syncing perfectly and them losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom