• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

have health issues, will get 2-week training, and then will be "sold" to someone to be possibly sent to the front.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

But I guess it's good for Ukraine, that is pretty much no training.

Dr.D00p

Does putin really thinks he can win a war with soldiers that don't want to fight? the main army wasn't that great to begin with, and now he wants to fight with reservists...

Putin thinks the only way he can get out of the hole he has dug for himself & Russia is to climb over a sufficiently tall pile of bodies.

nemiroff

Gold Member

have health issues, will get 2-week training, and then will be "sold" to someone to be possibly sent to the front.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

But I guess it's good for Ukraine, that is pretty much no training.

63 years old, poor health, given two weeks "training".. And NOTHING of value to give your life away for. No one making up a fictional story would come up with this shit, it's way too unrealistic.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Some reports are floating that the defensive line on the east bank of the Oskil has failed and the Ukrainians are moving eastward.

Usually the orcs keep a multi tiered defense line system to harden defenses, but given how recently they had to establish this line they might not have had time.

Consider this rumor+ on the scale.

Theoretically speaking, Both USA and Russia have enough nukes to destroy the planet several times over. That's assuming we go full MAD theory.

From a video I saw before, the Bombs that could destroy all humanity are too big and are easy to destroy (they need to be transported, or would take a lot of time before reaching the location). While the ICBM ones are small but fast, but limited in destruction radius.

It would be hard for all ruzzian military to think we are ready to kill our families, allies, for Putler. I think if he goes to them telling them to nuke, they will just hunt him right away.

From a video I saw before, the Bombs that could destroy all humanity are too big and are easy to destroy (they need to be transported, or would take a lot of time before reaching the location). While the ICBM ones are small but fast, but limited in destruction radius.

It would be hard for all ruzzian military to think we are ready to kill our families, allies, for Putler. I think if he goes to them telling them to nuke, they will just hunt him right away.
Yea, I think that theory is outdated now. That's also not taking into account all of the potential defective nukes they have due to age and neglect. However, I'm sure some would be able to get past our defenses if all nukes were launched simultaneously. I think I read before the hardest one to take down would be delivered by air via a hypersonic missile. Consequently, for Putin, Russia would be wiped off of the face of the Earth.

Liljagare

Maybe theese 300K - 1 million troops will be what finally fixes their logistic issues. Hand each of them a backpack, then they each could transport 1 artillery shell 20 clicks a day, since the dumbfucks still don't have enough trucks, and refuses to use pallets for transportation.

Fools idol

Banned
I bet a good amount of russian citizens who sat on their hands during this whole thing are suddenly regretting their decision not to protest and oust their leadership.

This is how it ends - hopefuly Putin will be backed into a corner for good.

FunkMiller

Maybe theese 300K - 1 million troops will be what finally fixes their logistic issues. Hand each of them a backpack, then they each could transport 1 artillery shell 20 clicks a day, since the dumbfucks still don't have enough trucks, and refuses to use pallets for transportation.

That'll go well on a battlefield where the enemy has access to pinpoint intelligence on troop movements, and the kind of weaponry that can target them in minutes.

Forsete

Gold Member
SHHHH! Dont fix Russian logistics.

The thing about Russia and Nukes is that they have a long history of reluctance to use them. It isn't a case of all Putin has to do is press a big red button and bye bye humanity. There is a whole chain of command that needs to agree with any launch order. There are several documented cases where Soviet Nuclear commanders should've launched nukes but didn't because they understand the gravity of what they would unleash. So straight off the bat I am pretty confident a global thermonuclear war will NOT happen. I certainly cannot see Russian Missile Crews being willing to carry out a first strike based on previous history and we know the US will not carry out a first strike nuclear attack.

Now the use of a tactical nuke in Ukraine is a bit more "muddy" but I still believe it will be extremely difficult for Putin to convince the chain of command of the cost to benefit ratio of using a tactical nuke. But even if Putin is somehow able to convince others that using a tactical nuke will be "beneficial" to the war effort it still will not lead to a nuclear exchange. The repurcussions would be extremely severe for Russia, they would lose any remaining support from countries that still support them and that is before we even take into account what the military response would be to using a nuke on the battlefield.

Finally another thing to consider, Putin has other weapons at his disposal that he can use before he gets to the Nuclear option, yet he hasn't used them. He certainly hasn't been shy about using chemical weapons in other conflicts yet hasn't used them once in Ukraine. So if he is reluctant or unable to use chemical weapons it is difficult to see how he can use nukes in Ukraine. Yes Putin is a mad man and yes he is surrounded by lackeys but they will only agree with him "up to a point" the minute the war would personally affect them will be the time those yes men become no men.

Last edited:

Brazen

Would be quite something that this was indeed the trigger 🙂

Not the wonton murder, torture and carnage being inflicted upon their neighbours and their own citizens of course.

The most inspirational ruler of our time has and always will be King Bread (or Alcohol in Russia's case)

Top Bottom