• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

TransTrender

Gold Member
Someone on twitter said that it's 120 mil USD of damage, which if true OOF
How much money is EuroLand giving to Russia every day, these days?
I know there were headlines about shutting off some natural gas supplies but I don't know and I haven't googled to see how much is actually coming in on the daily.

I hope Germany's really happy about all those children who were raped, tortured, and murdered.

Nikodemos

It's also worth remembering that, at some point in the mid-'10s, Putin enacted laws legalizing police brutality. So resisting arrest will lead to, at minimum, being beaten into a pulp. IIRC there were people who died due to police beatings.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How much money is EuroLand giving to Russia every day, these days?
I know there were headlines about shutting off some natural gas supplies but I don't know and I haven't googled to see how much is actually coming in on the daily.

I hope Germany's really happy about all those children who were raped, tortured, and murdered.

Oil purchases have been reduced by half, current goal is to fully replace it by years end.

Gas is following the same trend.

Completely replacing your energy suppliers and infrastructure is not something that can be done in a day, but it's been done as fast as possible. As for Germany, the nordstream pipeline is completely shut down - so please refrain from attempting to shift blame from russians to germans.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Oil purchases have been reduced by half, current goal is to fully replace it by years end.

Gas is following the same trend.

Completely replacing your energy suppliers and infrastructure is not something that can be done in a day, but it's been done as fast as possible. As for Germany, the nordstream pipeline is completely shut down - so please refrain from attempting to shift blame from russians to germans.

I was pretty contemptuous of Germany's approach in the first few weeks of this war, but they appear to be carrying as much weight as any other NATO country now. There are still many questions to be answered over the decisions of the past that directly led to Putin's stranglehold over them, but we're way past any criticisms of individual country's responses to the war now.

ItsGreat

The best anti war song ever written.

I feel for the poor bastards on both sides over there. I can only hope it ends soon.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

So one day you're a uni student and get conscripted and taken from your home and that automatically makes you a rapist?

None of the conscripts are fighting yet. I’m talking about the Ruzzian troops already in the war, clearly.

But if that uni student goes into the conflict zone and fights for a side that commits those kinds of crimes… fuck him too.

Last edited:

Susurrus

Considering Russia's stance on homosexuality, I thought this was fairly amusing.

chcQpJ9.jpg

ItsGreat

You feel for the child raping, barbaric, murderous Russian soldiers?

Don't be such a simpleton FunkMiller FunkMiller

Especially at my expense.

I'm sure there are plenty of pure cunts who deserve the firing squad in the Russian ZZ. As I'm sure there are plenty who are disgusted with what they've witnessed.

Go watch Platoon or something. Or read about what went on during the Normandy landings.

Can't all be saints same as they can't all be sinners.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Russia turned off the pipeline, if they hadn't most of Europe would still be sucking that down.

Europe already made the decision to cut Russia off their energy suppliers. Russia's decision to shut down the pipeline is irrelevant in this situation and framing it as a Russian decision is an information goal by the Russians.

Don't spread their propaganda.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I'm sure there are plenty of pure cunts who deserve the firing squad in the Russian ZZ. As I'm sure there are plenty who are disgusted with what they've witnessed.

Go watch Platoon or something. Or read about what went on during the Normandy landings.

To add to this, American troops commited rapes in the Vietnam war inc children. In Iraq a whole family was killed and the 14 yr old daughter raped before being executed by several shots to the head.

It is abhorrent what some Russian soldiers are doing, but to claim the whole military are rapists is a strech.

thuGG_pl

Russians were pain in the ass for neighbours for centuries now. They were famous for their barbaric troops. Ant sadly this continues to this day. Fuck them.

FunkMiller

Tell you what, you show me some evidence of the Russian troops on the ground doing anything other than acting like monsters, then I'll agree with you. Until then, keep your both sides stuff to yourself, eh? The Russians are the nazis in this context. 'They're not all bad' really doesn't cut it, given all the evidence we see coming out of Ukraine.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

To add to this, American troops commited rapes in the Vietnam war inc children. In Iraq a whole family was killed and the 14 yr old daughter raped before being executed by several shots to the head.

It is abhorrent what some Russian soldiers are doing, but to claim the whole military are rapists is a strech.

False equivalence, and you know it.

There are always going to be isolated incidents of this kind of barbarity in any conflict (such as Hill 192), but whatever incidents may have happened in the conflicts you mention, carried out by US troops, pales in comparison to the size and scale of the war atrocities being committed by large amounts of Russian soldiers in Ukraine on a daily basis.

This pro-Russian whataboutism is extremely transparent.

Last edited:

ItsGreat

Tell you what, you show me some evidence of the Russian troops on the ground doing anything other than acting like monsters, then I'll agree with you. Until then, keep your both sides shit to yourself, eh?

There you go again with keeping things simple.

You're the kind that is easily manipulated into the jingoistic dehumanising of people. The propaganda people love people like you.

Maybe you should stick to Star Wars mate.

FUBARx89

There are always going to be isolated incidents of this kind of barbarity in any conflict, but whatever incidents may have happened in the conflicts you mention, pale in comparison to the size and scale of the war atrocities being committed by large amounts of Russian soldiers in Ukraine on a daily basis.

This pro-Russian whataboutism is pathetic.

I don't support Russia in the slightest, nor do I agree with the soldiers committing such atrocities and I fully do believe they deserve the firing squad it's all said and done, I also believe any soldiers who didn't partake but didn't intervene to stop said atrocities need punishment.

I just think it's ridiculous to claim the full military are like that.

FunkMiller

I don't support Russia in the slightest, nor do I agree with the soldiers committing such atrocities and I fully do believe they deserve the firing squad it's all said and done, I also believe any soldiers who didn't partake but didn't intervene to stop said atrocities need punishment.

I just think it's ridiculous to claim the full military are like that.

There is very clearly a systematic and deliberate strategy on the part of the Russian army to spread terror amongst civilians by mass executions, rapes, torture, and destruction of civilian infrastructure. Mass graves of innocent Ukrainians are being discovered every day.

You're acting like the Russians only have a few bad apples - like the US Army has had in the past. This is clearly not the case. Thousands of them are doing it.

So please stop the false equivalence, and maybe read up a little more on what's actually happening in Ukraine right now.

ItsGreat

There are always going to be isolated incidents of this kind of barbarity in any conflict (such as Hill 192), but whatever incidents may have happened in the conflicts you mention, carried out by US troops, pales in comparison to the size and scale of the war atrocities being committed by large amounts of Russian soldiers in Ukraine on a daily basis.

This pro-Russian whataboutism is extremely transparent.

Did they ever find evidence of babies being thrown from incubators by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait?

No they didn't.

And before you go down the both sides route as a cheap 'sick burn' again perhaps have a little think that perhaps calling someone pro-Russian is a tad out of order.

The Russians are moving in to destroy Ukraine by taking its industrial areas and it's access to the sea.

The Ukrainians are fighting for their homelands very existence.

Your argument seems to be that all Russian soldiers are rapists. And if we don't agree with you we're pro-Russian whataboutists. Pathetic.

FunkMiller

Did they ever find evidence of babies being thrown from incubators by Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait?

No they didn't.

And before you go down the both sides route as a cheap 'sick burn' again perhaps have a little think that perhaps calling someone pro-Russian is a tad out of order.

The Russians are moving in to destroy Ukraine by taking its industrial areas and it's access to the sea.

The Ukrainians are fighting for their homelands very existence.

Your argument seems to be that all Russian soldiers are rapists. And if we don't agree with you we're pro-Russian whataboutists. Pathetic.

Nah, mate. If you're position at this stage is that the Russians are no worse than the Americans, or that we should feel some sort of sympathy for any Russian soldiers in the face of all the evidence coming out from Ukraine, then you're a pro-Russian troll and can be safely ignored.

Neff

Russia's culture is one of hubris, aggression, lies, paranoia, xenophobia, homophobia, racism, and misplaced pride at being better than everyone else. It's a rotten culture, we all know this. Doesn't mean every Russian uniformly buys into it. And there's a heavy price to be paid for being outspoken about not buying into it, which is why you don't see many Russians going against the flow.

People are people, not groups. It's always better to treat them as such.

Brazen

Russian bothsiderist and sympathizers need to fucking stop the bullshit in this thread...

Russia's brutality and war crimes (unlike any western nation on earth) is systemic by their lack of care for life societal norms and the harsh initial training they go endure as grunts in the military.

Cannot believe this isn't common knowledge...

People are people, not groups. It's always better to treat them as such.

This is very much the case in just about any democratic nation.
This isn't the case in Russia.

Last edited:

Neff

This is very much the case in just about any democratic nation.
This isn't the case in Russia.

I think most would agree that Russia's inherent Russian-ness isn't something the civilised world wants to deal with anymore. Doesn't mean every guy who is pulled out of his bed in the middle of the night at gunpoint deserves to be sent off to be a meat shield for a trillionaire mobster.

FUBARx89

There is very clearly a systematic and deliberate strategy on the part of the Russian army to spread terror amongst civilians by mass executions, rapes, torture, and destruction of civilian infrastructure. Mass graves of innocent Ukrainians are being discovered every day.

You're acting like the Russians only have a few bad apples - like the US Army has had in the past. This is clearly not the case. Thousands of them are doing it.

So please stop the false equivalence, and maybe read up a little more on what's actually happening in Ukraine right now.

I'm well aware of the mass graves being unearthed, the systematic torture of civilians, civilian infrastructure being attacked, wide spread rape of civilians. The brutal treatment of PoW's. Looting of civilian property from the retreating Russians.

I don't agree with any of it. Like I said, they deserve the firing squad.

I understand why you think I'm being a dick tbh, as it's shocking the war crimes being commited and it does look like I'm kinda handwaving it, but I just don't believe the full army are rapists etc.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Rape has long been a tradition in the Russian military. Not every German was a nazi but they raped every woman and child they came across on their way to Berlin

Anyway:

The current regime is not just resembling a terrorist state in its violence, but also its religious fervor. It’s respecing as a nuclear equipped ISIS at this point.

Last edited:

Brazen

I think most would agree that Russia's inherent Russian-ness isn't something the civilised world wants to deal with anymore. Doesn't mean every guy who is pulled out of his bed in the middle of the night at gunpoint deserves to be sent off to be a meat shield for a trillionaire mobster.

You can spare us the propaganda of the exceptional few. Most are for MUTHA RUSSIA!!!

akimbo009

Gold Member

Protests, and what looks like low level skirmishing with Police in Dagestan. Maybe some parts of Russia will actively resist.

LimanimaPT

Please stop with this pointless discussion.

Edit: let me add that I'm loving those conscripts videos. Hahaha, some of them are so funny...

Last edited:

FUBARx89

You need to fuck off. You have no "we're" - you are alone and defending rapists. Bringing up other wars from 60 year is even dumber and pure whataboutism.

Well you are handwaving it. You are probably right, they aren't "all rapists" but they are all invaders, murderers, and thieves who stand by and let others rape without consequences. So whether they are raping or accomplices they are all guilty. Let them all die under the same banner.

How about we just drop it? It's kinda taking away from the latest news of what's happening tbh.

Aren't the T62's worse than what they where using in WW2 lol. Next they'll be finding some of the British Mk1's to send in.

Tams

If anyone is expecting me to have some sympathy for those mobilised... well, sorry but I can't be bothered.

And now you may say, "But there are good people among them who are against the war". Perhaps, but by that you are placing the a need for me to determine who is and isn't good amongst. Considering even those on the ground struggle to do that, then it's near impossible for me and anyone else to find that out. And trying to find that out is what I can't be bothered with.

So fuck them all. If they truly are against the war, perhaps they'll put a bullet in their commander's head or slit his throat. Or burn down the recruitment/enlistment office. I'll have sympathy for those who get caught doing stuff like that.

The apologists out there just don't get that if the Russian people aren't forced to change, then they won't.

Last edited:

Lasha

If anyone is expecting me to have soms sympathy for those mobilised... well, sorry but I can't be bothered.

And now you may say, "But there are good people among them who are against the war". Perhaps, but by that you are placing the a need for me to determine who is and isn't good amongst. Considering even those on the ground struggle to do that, then it's near impossible for me and anyone else to find that out. And trying to find that out is what I can't be bothered with.

So fuck them all. If they truly are against the war, perhaps they'll put a bullet in their commander's head or slit his throat. Or burn down the recruitment/enlistment office. I'll have sympathy for those who get caught doing stuff like that.

The apologists out there just don't get that if the Russian people aren't forced to change, then they won't.

I don't have sympathy for them either. My rationale is simpler than yours: the people being conscripted lived a life of relative comfort that was backed up by a brutal and imperialistic army. Them being called up from their lives and forced to face down the gun barrels of those their country has oppresed for centuries is comeuppance. Every dead Russian is one left to occupy my country after this is over. I hope that enough of them die in horrific ways that the people left in Russia actually decide to change their ways.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Roger Waters has went off the deep end ffs

Love Pink Floyd so this sucks

This is not a shit post, but what about Zelenskys bodyguard with the deaths head logo a few weeks back. I know it’s different and has been updated but that was irresponsible letting that guy in photos as it gives Russia stupid propaganda and fuel to feed to their own stupid people who will eat that shit up.

But there clearly was a nationalist element in Ukraine and possibly still is, but it’s minuscule and does not justify anything Russia has done.

Again not shitposting or anything I’m just interested in the opinion of others and I hope this fucking war ends soon. Can’t believe it’s been over 6 months. I fear this will drag on for a long time unfortunately unless Putin goes. What a prick, all the warning signs have been here for years and we have just been taking his gas/oil, giving them back the olympics, F1, World Cups etc etc.

We’ve been sleepwalking.

akimbo009

Gold Member

Roger Waters has went off the deep end ffs

Love Pink Floyd so this sucks

This is not a shit post, but what about Zelenskys bodyguard with the deaths head logo a few weeks back. I know it’s different and has been updated but that was irresponsible letting that guy in photos as it gives Russia stupid propaganda and fuel to feed to their own stupid people who will eat that shit up.

But there clearly was a nationalist element in Ukraine and possibly still is, but it’s minuscule and does not justify anything Russia has done.

Again not shitposting or anything I’m just interested in the opinion of others and I hope this fucking war ends soon. Can’t believe it’s been over 6 months. I fear this will drag on for a long time unfortunately unless Putin goes. What a prick, all the warning signs have been here for years and we have just been taking his gas/oil, giving them back the olympics, F1, World Cups etc etc.

We’ve been sleepwalking.

I've been a huge pink Floyd fan but a/ Roger waters was the lesser of the three, b/ been a raging bone head for years.

The patch story isn't really a story, and there's good reason to think it was a Photoshop - the other videos of the day don't have that patch. The story is also only carried in low rent news articles and "as seen on Facebook and Telegram". So yeah, no.

Man - is it Monday in Moscow already? What's with these randos dropping by in this thread "asking questions ".

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I've been a huge pink Floyd fan but a/ Roger waters was the lesser of the three, b/ been a raging bone head for years.

The patch story isn't really a story, and there's good reason to think it was a Photoshop - the other videos of the day don't have that patch. The story is also only carried in low rent news articles and "as seen on Facebook and Telegram". So yeah, no.

Man - is it Monday in Moscow already? What's with these randos dropping by in this thread "asking questions ".
Rando?

Oh sorry I didn’t pass your test to post in here. I see it’s only reserved for one singular point of view and nothing else. I’ll not be back. GAF is increasingly aggressive and hostile more than ever. No wonder it gets a bad rap when people can’t engage in discussion like adults. I’m not defending Russia. I hate what is happening. But you can’t discuss shit in here without being dogpiled.

It was on the BBC news as well as a load of other sites, I research my sources. So it wasn’t photoshopped.

Approximately 34 seconds in to that video you can see it clear as day. Pull your head out of your ass and do some research yourself.

Code:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-62899879

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I understand why you think I'm being a dick tbh, as it's shocking the war crimes being commited and it does look like I'm kinda handwaving it, but I just don't believe the full army are rapists etc.

But can you believe that a vast majority of the Russian soldiers on the ground in Ukraine are committing acts of extreme and illegal barbarity? Because that's what the evidence is telling us. It's telling us if there are any decent Russians, then they are very, very few and far between.

I only had a pop at you above because you were trying to make a parallel between what Russia is doing in Ukraine, and how the US has behaved in its recent warfare activities - which is a massive false equivalence, only trotted out by pro-Russians or west haters. I would hope both this thread's responses, and the reports you can easily find online about what's happening in Ukraine would disabuse you of this warped perspective.

Top Bottom