• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

winjer

Gold Member

MOSCOW, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Russia's FSB security agency said on Monday it had detained a Japanese consul in Russia's Pacific port city of Vladivostok for alleged espionage and ordered him to leave the country, Russian news agencies said.

The FSB said the consul was declared persona non grata after he was caught "red-handed" receiving secret information on the effect of Western sanctions on the economic situation in Russia's far east.

It said the classified information, which also concerned Russia's cooperation with an unnamed Asia-Pacific country, had been obtained in return for a "monetary reward".

Russia has protested to Japan, the agencies quoted the FSB as saying. There was no immediate reaction from Tokyo.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-grants-russian-citizenship-to-edward-snowden

you're a Russian with some military experience now, Ed, off to Ukraine you go
On the one hand, he has a family there now and nowhere else to go, so his options are limited and has to do what he has to do to make sure they're not murder/suicided. On the other hand, he always positioned himself as a moral absolutist, doing the right thing no matter the cost, and yet has been on board with Russian propaganda very publicly on Twitter since the beginning of the war.

It's understandable, but completely undermines his character. Not interested in anything further he has to say.

Thaedolus

kPsTcUz.jpg

winjer

Gold Member
On the one hand, he has a family there now and nowhere else to go, so his options are limited and has to do what he has to do to make sure they're not murder/suicided. On the other hand, he always positioned himself as a moral absolutist, doing the right thing no matter the cost, and yet has been on board with Russian propaganda very publicly on Twitter since the beginning of the war.

It's understandable, but completely undermines his character. Not interested in anything further he has to say.

I wonder how much choice he has in that.
He burnt his bridges with the west, so if Russia kicks him out, hi situation gets very complicated.
Assange got stuck inside an Embassy for years, only to get extradited all the same.

I wonder how much choice he has in that.
He burnt his bridges with the west, so if Russia kicks him out, hi situation gets very complicated.
Assange got stuck inside an Embassy for years, only to get extradited all the same.

Imagine Ruzzia losses, then the new goverment says no more assistance to him. I bet he will run to North Korea.

winjer

Gold Member

"A leak today occurred on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline in the Danish area," said Denmark's energy agency in a statement.

"Overnight the Nord Stream 2 landfall dispatcher registered a rapid gas pressure drop on Line A of the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline," Nord Stream 2's operator said in a statement.

"We are currently in contact with the authorities concerned in order to clarify the situation. We still have no clarity about the causes and the exact facts," said a statement from the German economy ministry.

Accident or sabotage?

akimbo009

Gold Member
Pretty remarkable conversation where they are asking the Mom of a 21 year conscript when Russia will stop sending people over to kill Ukrainians... Her tune changes quite dramatically once she realizes her son is actually in Ukraine and captured.

Pretty remarkable conversation where they are asking the Mom of a 21 year conscript when Russia will stop sending people over to kill Ukrainians... Her tune changes quite dramatically once she realizes her son is actually in Ukraine and captured.

Wow, I don't know what to even say to this. He's lucky the Ukrainians have a heart, If they were like the Russian's, they'd send her a photo of them taking a dump on her son's corpse.

So, do you think it’s a small minority of Russian soldiers committing these large scale executions, rapes and theft, and that a vast majority are innocent young men, duped into service?
I have no idea in regards to numbers. But at the start of the war you had russian soldiers running and leaving their equipment behind, and also intercepted phones of soldiers telling their moms that it was hell in Ukraine and how they were basically killing civilians and didn't like that one bit.

And then you have evidence of people enlisted who enjoy it and do the things you said, I strongly remember the guy bragging to his girlfriend on the phone about how they went hunting for a kid, makes me anxious just recalling how much they were laughing. I just think it's obvious that both sides of it exist.

There are some truly evil people in this war on the side of the russians though. War criminals like the World War II ones.
This should be a lesson to us all; if we let pur countries be taken by the wolves too much, we too could end up on a battlefield we have no will or desire to be on.
Word.

It all seems like it's going to shit.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Unfortunately HIMARS are unable to make a dent in the supply situation in Bakhmut region.

Skeptical of that accounting... I've seen no evidence that Russia's supplies are in good shape. Or rather, it's getting t-62s and rotting AK47s to the line but that's not exactly a bolstered supply.

Would need more confirmation.... It could also just be Ukrainians asking for bigger guns like they do.

Skeptical of that accounting... I've seen no evidence that Russia's supplies are in good shape. Or rather, it's getting t-62s and rotting AK47s to the line but that's not exactly a bolstered supply.

Would need more confirmation.... It could also just be Ukrainians asking for bigger guns like they do.
It’s Wagner group in the Bakhmut area. They get first dibs on resources. Also majority of the problem is artillery. And considering the front isn’t that far away from their main supply routes, it’s very difficult for Ukrainians to defend.

It blows my mind countries are stupid enough to let these Russian Nazi "refugees" in their country. Why in gods name would you let those people in now when they couldnt give a shit before... mixing them with actual ukrainian refugees.

Send them back ffs and tell them to take to the streets in nazi ruzzia.

mxbison

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Dude had a super chill job with a six figure salary and gave up his whole life to uncover that the government is shitting all over their citizens rights.

If you really needed Snowden to tell you that, I don't know what to say. Perry Fellwock whistleblowing Echelon anybody? Snowden always rubbed me the wrong way somehow.

Kerotan

I'm in a work related discord channel where half the staff are Russian. The company is owned by a Russian who studied and lived in California. At least half the staff are Russian. Whenever they make an announcement people always respond with random emojis just to say they've read it.

Back in march they we're all replying with Russian flag emojis. It was like they we're all secretly proud and feeling patriotic about what was happening. Very few Russian flag emojis lately however. It's like the cucks finally realise how bad they're getting beat. I always snuck in a little Ukrainian flag emoji just to wind them up.

Also anytime we had a major issue with changes made by upper management we'd complain and suggest things need to change or get reversed. And the cucks from Russia always replied with, what's the point in complaining nothing will change. This always made me so angry. The stench of defeatism off them.

I know this doesn't apply to them all but it's a pretty accurate generalisation.

Russia is the first country to have a mass exodus of people, not because they were invaded, but because they invaded another country.
The irony is amazing.
OoLaUFN03uAwJzXQ1GWU3CNLm0M_foL58NRfuaOMZbc.png

The vast majority of people in the developed world don't want to go to war. If any other Western country were stupid enough to wage a (more or less official) war and were to start drafting its citizens, you'd always see a mass exodus of its people.

Top Bottom