• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Tams

Yup. And not just the tactic, but the attitudes.

You're not going to see many modern day people cheering on going to the front lines. On the other hand, in old old black and white war videos of men leaving on a train or boat it's like they think it's a party.
The Soviets also had to recreate most of the 'war footage'. In propaganda films. Even had some of the same (surviving) soldiers reenact the scenes.

China gives Tesla tax break 3 days after Musk's Taiwan advice​

taiwannews.com.tw/en/new...

tv land hair GIF by #Impastor

Liljagare

Sweden has delivered more Bamse, and RBS-70 systems, and 200 PSG 90, hope each one is handed out to a good sniper.

Hope it hurts the RuSSians as hell.

On a personal note, it is not easy to deal with refugees, we were trying to help some of the families we have given apartments to, give the old TV's and laptops, one of the women walks in, see's our cats, and just breaks down.

She had to leave her cat in Ukraine. Out of all the things, and I can understand it, it really shook us all here trying to help, she totally broke down.

Atleast we had a nice ending of it all, since our cats decided to just walk up to this bawling woman and climbed all over her. Moments like theese, it is just more, fuck me, and fuck RuSSia. Despicable country with despicable human beings that don't even try anymore.

When you see the results of warfare, it really can do a number on you, for me, I am just going to try to help out more Ukrainian families.

And, yeah, might hold a grudge towards Russians for the rest of my life, but, they deserve it. Fuck Russia, you are not even a civilized country anymore.

Neff

What Russia is doing over there, in their own country is fucking off the wall. It's straight chaos over there. Multiple assassinations, bombing of infrastructure and businesses, this stupid war, not to mention the crazy shit that comes out of their propaganda machine. What a time to be alive.

It is, without exaggeration, destroying itself as we speak.

Tams

Belarus ain't got a clue what's about to happen to them.
Belarusians aren't fucking stupid and apathetic.

Remember, they have elected a fairly decent person (who's husband was murdered by the regime), who now lives in exile.

They know how to resist unlike dumb-as-fuck Russians (most of them, blablabla, yadayada...)

Edit: Big Whoops. I meant 'aren't!

Last edited:
Belarusians are fucking stupid and apathetic.

Remember, they have elected a fairly decent person (who's husband was murdered by the regime), who now lives in exile.

They know how to resist unlike dumb-as-fuck Russians (most of them, blablabla, yadayada...)

Correct, but they know cannot do anything while Putler is still in power. The moment Putler hits the shit, I can see a coup in a few hours after it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What if we're watching the first stages of the fall of the Russian state as we know it? I've never seen anything like what's going on there. Many fleeing, people being forcefully conscripted into a losing war, nearly the entire developed world applying harsh sanctions, Putin is getting up there in age, etc. The police state will likely hold for now, but the seeds for major change in the years to come could well be being sowed right now.

akimbo009

Gold Member
What if we're watching the first stages of the fall of the Russian state as we know it? I've never seen anything like what's going on there. Many fleeing, people being forcefully conscripted into a losing war, nearly the entire developed world applying harsh sanctions, Putin is getting up there in age, etc. The police state will likely hold for now, but the seeds for major change in the years to come could well be being sowed right now.
What if....??

We are.

GladiusFrog

Soviet Union went through a similar thing.

Soviets invade Afghanistan to save its communist government.
CIA Backed the Mujahedeen.
15,000 Soviet soldiers were killed, and about 35,000 were wounded.
Protest inside the union are put down by force.

There are many of parallels, but also many differences.

The Result imo, Will be the collapse of Russia and we will get breakaway states. Balkanization.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $725 million to meet Ukraine's critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administration's 23rd drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.

The United States has delivered unprecedented security assistance to Ukraine and will continue to work with allies and partners to ensure Ukraine has the support it needs. This new security assistance package includes:

Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
23,000 155mm artillery rounds;
500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
5,000 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
5,000 anti-tank weapons;
High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);
More than 200 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
Small arms and more than 2,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
Medical supplies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
BTW I did check today and on the Bahkmut front, orcs took the last town before Bahkmut the 31st of July. Since then they advanced 9 kilometers and haven't taken over Bahkmut yet.

Stalingrad lasted 5 months, so one could say Bahkmut has resisted half a Stalingrad so far.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I'm no military expert, but I figure flying that high in a heli while your opponent has sophisticated ground to air defenses is probably a really stupid idea. I thought the whole idea of attack helicopters was that they could fly in low and fast then get out before being retaliated upon. Also that "Yes!" at the end, guessing there were some Foreign Legion fellas in that group.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
News from the front!

Luhansk: ukraine has reportedly liberated a few towns and are in the process of clearing the ridgeline that separates kharkiv from luhanks. One of the reportedly liberated towns is 10 kilometers from Svatove.

Kherson: ukraine launched a large, multipronged counter offensive. Reportedly around 5 towns nearby Mylove were liberated.

Crimea: with the bridge still unavailable for military logistics, the russians resorted to the much slower ferry. Today they announced the ferry would shutdown due to hazardous weather and sea conditions, for at least 4-5 days.

MrA

I'm no military expert, but I figure flying that high in a heli while your opponent has sophisticated ground to air defenses is probably a really stupid idea. I thought the whole idea of attack helicopters was that they could fly in low and fast then get out before being retaliated upon. Also that "Yes!" at the end, guessing there were some Foreign Legion fellas in that group.
I don't think Russia really cares about anything and everyone is trained about as well as a wild animal with none of the survival instincts

Top Bottom